Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    I'm working away and really getting into this challenge... you know $300,000 sounds like a lot of money... sounds like-lol.
    You're not wrong there :open_mouth:

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@misscbong :smiley: I DID IT! all rooms off the main foyer! (With the smallest study a man has ever known and some slight oddness on the main floor plan). ;)
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Options
    @misscbong :smiley: I DID IT! all rooms off the main foyer! (With the smallest study a man has ever known and some slight oddness on the main floor plan). ;)
    @FoundMarbles - Yay!! Well done lovely, it's quite the challenge isn't it?

• Options
    Can I just say, I am loving this build, it's really making me think outside of my 'floorplan' obsessed box :smiley:
  • Options
    Although, I'm only four rooms down and have used over half my budget already :anguished:
  • Options
    SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Done with the exterior! U0MxNcH.png
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Wow! Amazing work @SyddyB206 love this exterior :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Although, I'm only four rooms down and have used over half my budget already :anguished:

I know- I'm struggling! I had the interior close to done- well, kinda but I HATE the exterior and there's only 15,000 left to dress it up, except part of that does have to go inside. The lot cost doesn't help- lol AND to top it off. I worked for several hours and then, somehow, did not save before exiting. I am dead right now! :s Oh well, I guess I'll go begin again.
  • Options
    Never mind on part of the above- through some miracle I was smart enough to save the building to my library even if I did not save the game file- now if I just had a money miracle- lol.
  • Options
    @FoundMarbles - Yay!! Well done lovely, it's quite the challenge isn't it?

I started photographing tonight. I get dizzy trying to keep track of all those bedrooms and bathrooms! Yes! This has been my toughest yet!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @SyddyB206 and @FoundMarbles You guys are amazing. So quick. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.
  • Options
    I went for something a bit different, didn't want to do a 'typical' mansion, I have done no landscaping yet, but here's the shell:

XoBoe6E.png?1
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Stunning work @FaithofKaela can't wait to see the interiors :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    masajo wrote: »
    Stunning work @FaithofKaela can't wait to see the interiors :)

Thanks, @masajo - I will admit having taken some 'artistic licence' with the interiors, I hope it doesn't count against me.......
  • Options
    Ok, I'm seriously running out of money now, help :anguished:
  • Options
    LOL! Me too! I just realized that I have almost NO lighting- no plants in the conservatory- no bedroom furniture, save for the two twin beds, almost nothing in the ballroom, unpainted walls scattered throughout ect. ect. ect. I have no idea how I'm going to finish- ha ha ha!
  • Options
    LOL! Me too! I just realized that I have almost NO lighting- no plants in the conservatory- no bedroom furniture, save for the two twin beds, almost nothing in the ballroom, unpainted walls scattered throughout ect. ect. ect. I have no idea how I'm going to finish- ha ha ha!
    Yup, my entire first floor is done, but I have only bathroom furniture on the upper floors, no wall treatments even, oh and just two very sparse areas of landscaping outside :O I really don't know if I'm going to be able to finish it, but I am persevering!! Much luck to you.......

• Options
    Have you ever tried to create a bedroom without a bed?! :confounded:

I've had to put a bed in just to help with placement, feel so wrong without one
  • Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    edited May 2017
    Yikes! I just started this morning and am keeping a close watch on the budget thanks to your warnings!

I wish there were more round end tables!
  • Options
    Yikes! I just started this morning and am keeping a close watch on the budget thanks to your warnings!

I wish there were more round end tables!
    @withlovejulien - I find the ones in the misc section of the surfaces category very useful :wink:

• Options

I know- I'm struggling! I had the interior close to done- well, kinda but I HATE the exterior and there's only 15,000 left to dress it up, except part of that does have to go inside. The lot cost doesn't help- lol AND to top it off. I worked for several hours and then, somehow, did not save before exiting. I am dead right now! :s Oh well, I guess I'll go begin again.

Oh!, I really do feel your pain. At least the next edition you can try a little economy on the shell. My Mansion is pretty modest and I still ran out of funds several times, I kept selling stuff to get other stuff; 24 left and zero carpets! Its tough furnishing a mansion even with degraded appliances!
  • Options
    Have you ever tried to create a bedroom without a bed?! :confounded:

I've had to put a bed in just to help with placement, feel so wrong without one

WHAT! Are there bedrooms that are not to have beds in them? That would certainly get me carpet money!
  • Options

@withlovejulien said "(Ridiculous! It took me /this/ long to realize I wrote 3 Bed when the home has 4 bedrooms! I hate that the we can't update our builds on the gallery when we find mistakes. Now it is going to bother me every time I see it on there!)" However, it is possible to edit! It is just a royal pain in the wazoo! You down load the build, delete the gallery listing and upload the edited version. (They really should allow a simple edit process!) You also lose the download and favorites records when you do this to edit. :'(
  • Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Am I understanding this correctly? There are 6 bedrooms but only 2 of the rooms have beds on them? And they need to be single beds?

And I'm not sure what a central foyer is? Is it like a room where all the other room connects to?
  • Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    WAIT! WHAT? I somehow missed this. Mr. Boddy's mansion, a.k.a. Tudor Close in the British version of the game? And here I am, separated from my Sims-enabled PC until a day or two before the deadline.

Do you have any idea how much I love Clue/Cluedo and the lore behind it?

@popettypop2012 I think two of the bedrooms have to have single beds, but the others can have double beds. (I'm going to guess that one of the single beds belongs to Mrs. White and the other ... well, if this were Tudor Close, the other bed would probably be Rev. Green's, but Boddy Manor plays host to business tycoon Mr. Green, not village vicar Rev. Green ... so whose could it be...?)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top