Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited August 2016
    @kerplukee , the challenge specifically mentions that the house must be built on the 40 x 20 Sandy Run lot in Newcrest (I don't think there is any other 40 x 20 lot in the game). The cost of that particular lot is §2,500. Normally we let you pick your lot, and not all the lots of the same size cost the same. But in this case, part of the challenge is to design a house for an unusually shaped lot. :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • kerplukeekerplukee Posts: 180 Member
    @BuildnShare oh I always thought that the garden decorations make the cost of the lot higher :D
    edited August 2016
    CHALLENGE #: 51 - When Modern Was New
    FORUM ID: kerplukee
    ORIGIN ID:valednr
    LEVEL: established
    LOT: Square root
    LOT COST: §2,500
    BUILD COST: §102,253
    TOTAL COST: §104,753
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/Kwsug
    ENTRY DETAILS: I had fun experimenting this style which is new to me, but I'm pretty satisfied how is the house now. I respected the preferences of Mrs. Leclercq, light wood, stones, bright colors.. and flowers! I decided to build living room,dining room and kitchen all together on the upper level, and Leclercq's bedroom too, so they can have a nice view from their window. Then on ground floor I built the guest room and Fleur's green bedroom: I thought that a door from her room straight to the garden was useful so when her friends would come over they can enjoy playing inside and outside. In the end I build mr Leclercq's office with an entrance too, and a nice vie on the pool.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: At the entrance there are two paintings taken from here

SPACE FOR PICTURES: q26T2TV.jpg
    Post edited by kerplukee on
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited August 2016
    @kerplukee , we are delighted that you've entered the challenge! :smiley: As we think you've figured out, by LOT COST we mean the price of the lot before any improvements (house or landscaping) are made to it, and BUILD COST is the cost of everything you've added to the bare lot.

Creating a slideshow or album is, next to making the house itself, the most important part of the challenge. The judges do not download lots and playtest them. They will evaluate your lot and give you feedback strictly from the images you provide, so it is important to take good images (and lots of them!). If you haven't looked at the second post of this thread (on Page 1) you should go back and read it. Judging from images allows you to use everything in your arsenal, including custom content and game packs that the judges might not have.

Since you already have an imgur account, all you need to do is create an album on your imgur page for this challenge. Take some good images, inside and out, of your splendid midcentury house, and organize them into your imgur album. Then edit your post to include the link to the album.

It is important to label each image so the judges know what they are looking at. It is also important to take overhead shots of each level of your house (including one with the roof(s) showing) so that we can see the layout of the house. Be sure to turn the grid off (hit G on your keyboard) if you take pictures in Build Mode. And be sure to include at least one image of rooms and/or objects that are required in the particular challenge. An excellent example of an imgur album/slideshow is the one @masajo created for Best Laid Plans (Part 3) challenge. You might want to scroll up a bit, find her entry, and click on the album link she has provided.

Please don't hesitate to ask more questions. We want the challenges to be instructive, helpful, and most of all, fun! :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare edited!
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

I love those cubes at the front @kerplukee <3 Beautiful house!
    @BuildnShare as usual, I'm lost with modern stuff but I made a research of midcentury :D I will be back with something o:)
    @emere @BuildnShare omg I just noticed that I didn't upload the photos in order!I'm so sorry! I hope you still understand!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    kerplukee wrote: »
    @emere @BuildnShare omg I just noticed that I didn't upload the photos in order!I'm so sorry! I hope you still understand!

Wonderful build @kerplukee fantastic choice of exterior colour and textures :) You can always rearrange the pics before the deadline :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Augustus
    LOT COST: 2,500
    BUILD COST: 102,197
    TOTAL COST: 104,697
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/EUTJJ
    ENTRY DETAILS: Mid Century modern build comprising 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms, decorated in neutral tones with pops of bright colours using natural materials of light wood and stone and lots of flowers throughout. Large back garden with bbq/patio, flower and vegetable gardens, swimming pools, kids activities and pergola providing shade to a playgroup area :)

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

ymM96o4.png

Zk3YT7G.jpg
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    where is that oven from @masajo ? :o btw i looooove your building! It's so relaxing with tha color scheme!
    Many thanks @kerplukee the oven is the Four Top All Day Stove from the Cool Kitchen pack, I use it a lot because it's quite cheap ;)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: StSciurus
    ORIGIN ID: StSciurus
    LOT: Midcentury Merveille
    BUILD COST: §98,603
    TOTAL COST: §101,103
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://issuu.com/scoiattolo/docs/bns51
    ENTRY DETAILS: Mid-century modern home with 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms, separate playhouse for child, office/study and vegetable garden for father, flower garden for mother. Also includes pool, carport, chess table, fireplace and bird feeder.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    uG5fPL5.png
    sR9chVp.png
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Beautiful houses, @masajo and @stsciurus. And the furniture is really appropriate as well. I haven't started mine yet but will get to it soon.

@BuildnShare I'm wondering if there is already a result for the Best Laid Plans challenge for Established? I think I only saw the expert ones. Or maybe I missed it?
    @StSciurus really admiring! It's so always so hard to build on diagonal!
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Beautiful houses, @masajo and @stsciurus. And the furniture is really appropriate as well. I haven't started mine yet but will get to it soon.

@BuildnShare I'm wondering if there is already a result for the Best Laid Plans challenge for Established? I think I only saw the expert ones. Or maybe I missed it?
    Hey there @popettypop2012 - you can see the established results here.

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    edited August 2016
    Thank you, @popettypop2012 , for your kind words! (Can't wait to see your entry!) :smiley: And thank you, too, @kerplukee ! I gave myself the challenge to build on the diagonal in the vain hope, perhaps, that the gallery image of the lot would be more appealing. :neutral:
    @StSciurus yeah unfortunately the gallery never takes the best shots :/
    Many thanks @popettypop2012 looking forward to seeing your build :)
    Wonderful build @StSciurus diagonals are very challenging but you've done a fantastic job here :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Thank you much, @masajo ! :smiley: This is shaping up to be a great challenge.
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you for the feedback , @BuildnShare I'm sorry about the photos. I'm really bad at taking them and that's the reason why I never have enough:(

Thank you @masajo and @StSciurus I have some ideas for the build and will get to it tonight.

Hi @BuildnShare here is my entry

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: emere
    ORIGIN ID: osiazul
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Chez Fleur https://www.thesims.com/gallery/4026E5CD6C1211E6880659BA22E89484
    BUILD COST: 102,377
    TOTAL COST: 104,877
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/osiazul/slideshow/Fleur
    ENTRY DETAILS: I choose a midcentury modern colorful house. I try to bring to the inside the colors of nature at the outside. I feel the retro color palette is soft thanks to the light stone and wood. As Fleur is the heart of this family, the green is important inside and outside. The garden and pool is a nice place for family play.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (none)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please):
    26-08-2016_22-32-39_zpshjwlqmb0.png
    26-08-2016_22-18-44_zpskl2fzzdz.png
    Finally I have time to see the slideshows:
    I love your house @masajo those round shapes are so nice, I really like the guest room balcony photo :smiley:
    @StSciurus I love the diagonal house, my fav is the pool and the play house :smiley:

Thank you, @emere ! :smiley: Your entry is fantastic! I love how you've done the chimney.
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited August 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LOT: 828 Sandy Run
    LINK: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/3B1031D76D5D11E68F22B8037B7966C5?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=gmcrozier&max=50&maxis=false
    BUILD COST: §102,220
    TOTAL COST: §104,720
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/media/828 Sandy Run/001_zps17k0q5rl.png.html?sort=9&amp;o=0
    ENTRY DETAILS: 828 Sandy Run was built in the tradition of mid century moderns. It looks like it came straight out of the 50's. Using natural materials mixed with chrome and metal. The furniture has clean, simple lines (well, except the leather couch). Clotilde's flower garden is at the front of the lot, so the entire neighborhood can enjoy her green thumb. Thierry's small vegetable garden is right outside of his office, so he can look out on it while he is writing.

SIM: N/A

ROOM: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    002_zpsfpkw0p1z.png

027_zps3qtasou1.png
    Post edited by gmcrozier on
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    Lovely builds so far! Also I have to giggle, @gmcrozier I saw you uploading your lot while I was building :) . Just finished mine tonight, except I need to knock another 1000 off the value :p . What to delete, what to delete.... Then my favorite part (not!) taking pics and getting the entry all ready!
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top