March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member
    I'm also having a weird issue. Every time I rotate or move a room everything not attached to a wall either gets left behind or disappears. No MOO involved.
    image.png
  • HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    I'm also having a weird issue. Every time I rotate or move a room everything not attached to a wall either gets left behind or disappears. No MOO involved.

That happens to me as well! Maybe it's another bug?
    h87xNtp.jpg
    HEW310 wrote: »

That happens to me as well! Maybe it's another bug?

Probably. :P
    image.png
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    I've been having lots of problems like that too. Wallpaper disappearing when I change one thing, or furniture disappearing when a wall is changed (stuff that's NOT highlighted) No MOO involved in tons of problems I've experienced :disappointed: It's crazy and putting a lot of extra work on me, having to replace and redo everything.
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
    Oddly enough, moving things after the roof is on seems to be safe. Or it could be a coincidence.
    image.png
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member

I had the same issue, but I was using Moo. I moved my entire lot, by just one square to the right, and not only did things disappear, but they also dropped through the floor. Very frustrating indeed.

I had the same issue, but I was using Moo. I moved my entire lot, by just one square to the right, and not only did things disappear, but they also dropped through the floor. Very frustrating indeed.

That reminds me, I also had something apparently fall through the floor when moving the house. Thought I was imagining things and quickly checked to make sure there wasn't actually something under the house.
    image.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited July 2018
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #98 - The Four Seasons - your results are now available here.3gHHX7s.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    edited July 2018
    CHALLENGE #99 Back To Their Roots
    FORUM ID: JHGKJHGKJH
    ORIGIN ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    LEVEL: established
    LOT: Three Oaks
    LOT COST: 3.500
    LOT NAME: Coorinenberg Cottage
    BUILD COST: 79.843
    TOTAL COST: 83.343
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/PO82MOb
    ENTRY DETAILS: Honestly I struggled with this challenge a lot. Budgetwise and stylewise. Never have I ever torn down so many buildings. :)
    In the end, I went for a New England Style Stone Cottage in rural Windenburg. Simple life - no tv, no dryer. :) Bookcases, a gametable and a garden to tend. I bet landscaping took half of the budget. For the interiors I went for a rustic country design with a lot of white painted pillars and ceiling beams. And I wanted the feel of an old house. Creaking floorboards, odd niches and nooks and a lot of rough plaster.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: always welcome!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc/no recolors
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Three Oaks Farm on a chilly winter morning
    FKFSEEc.png
    living room - clinic nook - here Dr. Chen can meet patients
    xuMq0AP.png
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    edited July 2018
    Think I'm about burned out on buildings, I keep feeling like I either don't have any ideas or am just repeating myself. This last one got redone yet again in an effort to bring the cost down so I can actually do the garden and landscaping, and I'm still not really happy with it, especially the living room. Maybe I should just do the room and sim challenges this time.
    image.png
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    Think I'm about burned out on buildings, I keep feeling like I either don't have any ideas or am just repeating myself. This last one got redone yet again in an effort to bring the cost down so I can actually do the garden and landscaping, and I'm still not really happy with it, especially the living room. Maybe I should just do the room and sim challenges this time.

Funny, I felt the same when starting the build. Had a great idea, but had to let go of it budgetwise.
    Then I started over and over and over again and after a while it hit me while building a stone cottage was born.

Repetition is a major part of building I think. In the end, it is always some kind of house with a roof, windows and doors. ;)
    But sometime a brilliant idea sparks while repeating. Go on, @TresaofPern. Maybe, if you start the room chall you find yourself with the wish to make your room into a house. :)

You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited July 2018

@TresaofPern , doing a Google image search on, say, "farmhouse" may spark your creative imagination! Also, it's fine to take a break sometimes, if you need to.
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    @TresaofPern I don't always get the inspiration to build for the challenge myself. I noticed I have been entering maybe every other one. That's why I like buildnshare, because I can do the ones that really spark my interest and I feel I can create something I am happy with.

I tried a few floor plans for this one but didn't like any of them. So this may be one I skip. Unless I can find something to make me happy enough to continue. :p
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

jhgkjhgkjh wrote: »

Funny, I felt the same when starting the build. Had a great idea, but had to let go of it budgetwise.
    Then I started over and over and over again and after a while it hit me while building a stone cottage was born.

Repetition is a major part of building I think. In the end, it is always some kind of house with a roof, windows and doors. ;)
    But sometime a brilliant idea sparks while repeating. Go on, @TresaofPern. Maybe, if you start the room chall you find yourself with the wish to make your room into a house. :)

@TresaofPern , doing a Google image search on, say, "farmhouse" may spark your creative imagination! Also, it's fine to take a break sometimes, if you need to.[/quote]

Thanks I did think about just doing the room challenge, but I also want to do the sim challenge. I did see a country kitchen I want to try building, it just likely won't fit the floorplan I have without messing up my budget.

Pallystyle wrote: »
    @TresaofPern I don't always get the inspiration to build for the challenge myself. I noticed I have been entering maybe every other one. That's why I like buildnshare, because I can do the ones that really spark my interest and I feel I can create something I am happy with.

I tried a few floor plans for this one but didn't like any of them. So this may be one I skip. Unless I can find something to make me happy enough to continue. :p

Think I might give it one more try... While I was outside this morning I actually had an inspiration for that living room. Just hav eto see if I can pull it off with the current layout without it looking out of place or awkward.
    image.png
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited July 2018
    FORUM ID: sawdust
    ORIGIN ID: sawdust123
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Contemporary Farmhouse
    LOT COST: $3,000
    LOT NAME: The Summer Home, Windenberg
    BUILD COST: $80,357
    TOTAL COST: $83,505
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: A simple low level contemporary farmhouse with a modern rustic interior. Full porch all round. Two side entrances, one either side of the house, lead directly into Mr Chen's study to meet with his Law clients and the other into Dr. Chen's clinic to meet with her patients. Large country kitchen including dining area and direct access to back porch. Vegetable plot out the back can be enlarged as needed. Master Bedroom has walk-in-robe and en-suite. Should the Chen's decide to move on or retire, the study can easily be converted to a third bedroom and the clinic to either a formal dining area or study if third bedroom option is taken. The house also comprises large main bathroom and utility room with washer and dryer.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A; MOO used
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

IWFWsnP.png
    QmYyRet.png
    Post edited by sawdust on
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    edited July 2018
    FORUM ID:Kilra0
    ORIGIN ID:Kilra0
    LEVEL:Expert
    LOT: Finca Madre Tierra
    LOT COST: 74,984
    LOT NAME: Granada Place
    BUILD COST: 5,500
    TOTAL COST: 80,484
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: there you go
    ENTRY DETAILS: it's a simple Spanish farmhouse and tried to decorated it as spartan as I could to match the style of a finca.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: nocc
    TWITTER TAG: Kilra0
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    F1.png
    F2.png

Post edited by kilra0 on
    edited July 2018
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #BNS98 - The Four Seasons - Your results are now available here.
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Laireen35Laireen35 Posts: 47 Member
    @BuildnShare
    Regarding the current challenge ... Mr. Chen and Dr. Chen... they can be a him/her couple, right?
    Bc I I'm thinking about making the Dr. a woman... I want to build them a house ...
    /Laireen
    Laireen35 wrote: »
    @BuildnShare
    Regarding the current challenge ... Mr. Chen and Dr. Chen... they can be a him/her couple, right?
    Bc I I'm thinking about making the Dr. a woman... I want to build them a house ...
    /Laireen

No genders were specified @Laireen35, they are yours to narrate how you wish ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Laireen35 wrote: »
    @BuildnShare
    /Laireen

No genders were specified @Laireen35, they are yours to narrate how you wish ;)

Great, thx! B)
  • nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    FORUM ID: nicolethebowl
    ORIGIN ID: nicolethebowl
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/75CE1B898B7911E88E05CC385454BB23?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=nicolethebowl&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3,000
    LOT NAME: Tail's End
    BUILD COST: 59,090
    TOTAL COST: 62, 090
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://postimg.cc/gallery/18cr25p3y/
    ENTRY DETAILS: The idea is for them to have renovated a barn into their house and they have a large yard for gardening and eventually playing for children.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a
    Photos:
    07-19-18_1_31_56_PM.png[IMG][/img]07-19-18_1_33_57_PM.png[IMG][/img]
  • nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    So imgur stopped working for me, so what is another good photo hosting website for slideshows? I used post image for this entry but I am not really a fan of it :/
    So imgur stopped working for me, so what is another good photo hosting website for slideshows? I used post image for this entry but I am not really a fan of it :/

Me neither - and I had so much trouble last week with imgur too. I switched to Google Photos. Works like a charm...
    edited July 2018
    @nicolethebowl - we would appreciate it if you would not use post image, the pop ups can be, ummm, interesting. If you can't get your images up any other way, we will, of course, judge your entry this time around. @Laireen35's suggestion of Google Photo's is a great one, or there is picassa or flickr.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @nicolethebowl - we would appreciate it if you would not use post image, the pop ups can be, ummm, interesting. If you can't get your images up any other way, we will, of course, judge your entry this time around. @Laireen35's suggestion of Google Photo's is a great one, or there is picassa or flickr.

As far as I know Google Photos IS Picasa... Bc I tried to login to my picasa account and it took me to Google Photos...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top