March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    Did you use moo - move object on - when building the original version? Sometimes things will vanish in-game if you load the house without setting the cheat code beforehand.
  • HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    Did you use moo - move object on - when building the original version? Sometimes things will vanish in-game if you load the house without setting the cheat code beforehand.

Yes, I did. I believe I had it loaded when I went to test it, but I'll have to check to see if things disappeared. Thank you for your advice!
    h87xNtp.jpg
    Well, just checked, and I didn't notice anything missing. However, in build mode the lot cost says 165,402, but when I upload it to the gallery it jumps up to 191,552... very odd.
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    @HEW310 Sounds to me like depreciation. Once you enter live mode to play test anything the items in your build will depreciate instantly. That however does not affect the gallery price as depreciation in Sims 4 does not transfer like it did in Sims 3 :) Just remember to ignore any price you see when building and always check for your price when you go to save it :) Hope that helps!
    Kementari wrote: »
    @HEW310 Sounds to me like depreciation. Once you enter live mode to play test anything the items in your build will depreciate instantly. That however does not affect the gallery price as depreciation in Sims 4 does not transfer like it did in Sims 3 :) Just remember to ignore any price you see when building and always check for your price when you go to save it :) Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for your help! :)
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • DrthvdrDrthvdr Posts: 16 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #98 The Four Seasons
    FORUM ID: DRTHVDR
    ORIGIN ID: DRTHVDR_1980 (#amberlsims)
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: (won't let me post links) Gallery ID: 70F2803F7E7211E887E80BD7C32EF32B
    LOT COST: 3,000
    LOT NAME: Rippling Flats
    BUILD COST:151,605
    TOTAL COST: 154,605
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (can't post links) Photobucket - amberlsims/slideshow/bNs98?sort=9
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is a cozy modern home for the small family of four. Has a lovely entertaining area & pool, along with an attached roomy greenhouse and a wonderful gourmet kitchen filled with comforting smells and beautiful warm tones. The Climate's will love living in their new abode. There are decks off of almost every room for the family members to set up how they would like.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Open to thoughts!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    TWITTER TAG: @lifeofamberlynn
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (don't have enough credit to post images)

PS: My sister will be uploading hers as well under the same origin/gallery ID as we share an account. She uses #whimsydaisy
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @Drthvdr you will need to move your images to a different photo sharing site, as Build 'n Share will not accept photos on Photobucket. Most everyone uses imgur.com, it's free and easy to use.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited July 2018
    Drthvdr wrote: »
    LOT: (won't let me post links) Gallery ID: 70F2803F7E7211E887E80BD7C32EF32B
    BUILD COST:151,605
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (can't post links) Photobucket - amberlsims/slideshow/bNs98?sort=9
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is a cozy modern home for the small family of four. Has a lovely entertaining area & pool, along with an attached roomy greenhouse and a wonderful gourmet kitchen filled with comforting smells and beautiful warm tones. The Climate's will love living in their new abode. There are decks off of almost every room for the family members to set up how they would like.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

PS: My sister will be uploading hers as well under the same origin/gallery ID as we share an account. She uses #whimsydaisy
    gmcrozier wrote: »
    @Drthvdr you will need to move your images to a different photo sharing site, as Build 'n Share will not accept photos on Photobucket. Most everyone uses imgur.com, it's free and easy to use.

@Drthvdr - Welcome to Build n Share!! For your links and your pictures, you can post the whole string, but with a space, h ttps, this way we can make your links and images live. To help with getting to full member status, you can check out these threads:

@Rosemow’s Introduce Yourself Thread

and

Member vs New Member Thread

Also @gmcrozier is indeed correct, we do not accept media submitted via Photobucket, and as such, we will not judge yout build as it stands. Please use a different image hosting website, such as flickr or imgur.

GArBA5W.jpg
    FORUM ID: HEW310
    ORIGIN ID: HEW310
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2FC60C3D7EB311E88828F981CF0FE371?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=HEW310&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Avarice Acres
    BUILD COST: 191,552
    TOTAL COST: 194,552
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ABl4Und
    ENTRY DETAILS: Uses MOO; the landscaping is supposed to last year round, so it's somewhat plain; the living area off the right of the entry hallway is supposed to represent the room where they do interviews on their tv show; The private dwelling trait is supposed to represent the fact they have security guards protecting them
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    NJldPX4.jpg
    taxTLBG.jpg
    h87xNtp.jpg
    Thank you! I will change all of this, this evening! :) <3

> PS: My sister will be uploading hers as well under the same origin/gallery ID as we share an account. She uses #whimsydaisy
    >
    >
    >
    > gmcrozier wrote: »
    >
    > @Drthvdr you will need to move your images to a different photo sharing site, as Build 'n Share will not accept photos on Photobucket. Most everyone uses imgur.com, it's free and easy to use.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @Drthvdr - Welcome to Build n Share!! For your links and your pictures, you can post the whole string, but with a space, h ttps, this way we can make your links and images live. To help with getting to full member status, you can check out these threads:
    >
    > @Rosemow’s Introduce Yourself Thread
    >
    > and
    >
    > Member vs New Member Thread
    >
    > Also @gmcrozier is indeed correct, we do not accept media submitted via Photobucket, and as such, we will not judge yout build as it stands. Please use a different image hosting website, such as flickr or imgur.
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I started work on something for this one. Hopefully I'll get done. I have so much going on this week and weekend.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

edited July 2018
    3gHHX7s.png
    A reminder, the Hawthorne Project: Sims is still continuing, phase VIII opened today!!

Click here to find out more.
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    LOT: https: //www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/70F2803F7E7211E887E80BD7C32EF32B
    BUILD COST: 151,605
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https: //imgur.com/a/07VABVc
    ENTRY DETAILS: (uses moo) This is a cozy contemporary home for the lively family of four. Has a lovely entertaining area & pool, along with an attached roomy greenhouse and a wonderful gourmet kitchen filled with comforting smells and beautiful warm tones.

• CreepsaCreepsa Posts: 30 Member
    FORUM ID: Creepsa
    ORIGIN ID: Creepsa
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Climata Villa
    LOT COST: 4 000
    LOT NAME: Chateau Frise
    BUILD COST: 185 580
    TOTAL COST: 189 580
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Climata Villa showcase
    ENTRY DETAILS: Climata Villa was designed and built for the famous Climate family for their show. The left wing of the house is older and the newer, more modern right wing was added later to house the whole family. The whole house is specifically tailored to the family and showcases their seasonal personalities while sticking to a nature theme.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: -
    TWITTER TAG: snakes_peare
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: -
    TUMBLR LINK: -
    SPACE FOR PICTURES
    vuGjXxz.png
    vaweyHf.png
    edited July 2018
    Drthvdr wrote: »
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/70F2803F7E7211E887E80BD7C32EF32B
    BUILD COST: 151,605
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/07VABVc
    ENTRY DETAILS: (uses moo) This is a cozy contemporary home for the lively family of four. Has a lovely entertaining area & pool, along with an attached roomy greenhouse and a wonderful gourmet kitchen filled with comforting smells and beautiful warm tones.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: Bc6PIDh.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    I love all these entries so far...they are really beautiful.
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    FORUM ID: Kojik
    ORIGIN ID: K0J1K
    LOT: Seasonal Cottage
    LOT COST: $2000
    LOT NAME: Dachshund's Creek
    BUILD COST:$92309
    TOTAL COST: $94309
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/yi6iW8X
    ENTRY DETAILS: 2 Story rustic cottage designed for the nature and weather lovers including a porch terrace pool & green house. Surrounded by a beautiful grove with a view of the creek.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NOCC, MOO
    TWITTER TAG: @TheSimsdesigns
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

evlBSmy.png
    ANrZiZZ.png

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• asap24asap24 Posts: 48 Member
    FORUM ID: asap24
    ORIGIN ID: asaperstein24
    LOT:h ttps://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/00856BA07FF311E88B8D0BD7C32EF32B
    LOT COST: $4000
    LOT NAME: Tails End, Brindleton
    BUILD COST:$191,072.
    TOTAL COST: $195,072.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h ttps://imgur.com/a/k7h5zuH
    ENTRY DETAILS: 2 story family home, nice landscaping, afixed greenhouse and private patio space with pool and hotub. The climates are all about wellness, each room is attuned to one of their favored seasons.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    asap24 wrote: »
    FORUM ID: asap24
    ORIGIN ID: asaperstein24
    LOT:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/00856BA07FF311E88B8D0BD7C32EF32B
    LOT COST: $4000
    LOT NAME: Tails End, Brindleton
    BUILD COST:$191,072.
    TOTAL COST: $195,072.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/k7h5zuH
    ENTRY DETAILS: 2 story family home, nice landscaping, afixed greenhouse and private patio space with pool and hotub. The climates are all about wellness, each room is attuned to one of their favored seasons.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: fynBm7K.png

Welcome to BuildnShare @asap24!! I have fixed your links and added a picture of your build :wink: Good luck and Happy Simming
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    FORUM ID: FidgetyAtom
    ORIGIN ID: FidgetyAtom
    LOT: Solstice Solace
    LOT COST: §2,000
    LOT NAME: Originally Garden Essence - Changed to reflect name of build.
    BUILD COST: §168,630
    TOTAL COST: §170,630
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: More pics here
    ENTRY DETAILS: I never know what to say here. Built for a family, with room to move around. Spacious 3 bedroom house with fully landscaped yard enough to please everyone! Inside the home is seasons theme, and it's not hard to tell which room reflects which season! It's been a fun build.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CC, no mods, MOO enabled
    TWITTER TAG: FidgetyAtom
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    DhVqhh1XkAAlRyI.jpg
    DhVqWniW4AIV5Ra.jpg
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    edited July 2018
    FORUM ID: aussiekarima
    ORIGIN ID: aussiekarima
    LOT:♥Seasonal Home♥NoCC♥
    LOT COST: (sorry forgot to write it down!)
    LOT NAME: Arid Ridge/Oasis Springs
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: $192,795
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: HERE
    ENTRY DETAILS: ~This home may not look like much but it has everything a Sim could need,& then some!♥ 4 Build'n'Share #BnS98 #4Seasons#NoCC
    PLEASE use MOO
    A Spring Greenhouse for Arthur to potter about in,A Large eat-in homey Kitchen/Dinningroom in Janines Autumn colours,A Wintery hued loungeroom for Nicolas to snuggle with his Mom in front of the toasty Fireplace,& we can't forget Summers open outdoors areas,inher favorite colours of Summer! ♥Build original by #aussiekarima ♥ ENJOY! ♥(",)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC but Cheats used : MOO (bb.moveobjects on) (bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement) (bb.showhiddenobjects)
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: HERE!
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    BqwaoKA.png
    ni6OFZ0.png
    Post edited by aussiekarima on
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    edited July 2018

FORUM ID: Rostri-Jodu
    ORIGIN ID: Rostrijodu
    LOT: The Domus Familiarus Lot in Brindleton Bay
    LOT COST: 2,500
    LOT NAME: 4 Seasons Street
    BUILD COST: 197,500
    TOTAL COST: 200,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW
    ENTRY DETAILS: Reality show darlings, The Climates, have requested a new home with everything they would need to enjoy not just one or two of the seasons, but all four of them! While Spring is Arthur's thing, Fall is when Janine feels most at home in the world. As for Summer, well, her name says it all! And while sweet little Nicholas may look chill on the outside, his heart is super warm during his favorite season of Winter because he has his loving family to spend it and the holidays with! This two-story, three bedroom home features a greenhouse, as well as a patio and pool perfect for entertaining. Just be sure to stay out of the water in the winter! The Seasons are here, which means reality just got a little bit more real for The Climates. NOTE: Moo was used.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

DtcK0ID.png

BONUS SIMS!

i8fWg2y.png

Yes, I couldn't resist making The Climates. They can be found here. Happy simming!
    Post edited by Rostri-Jodu on
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I was wondering, is it was required to put plants in the greenhouse? Does it add or take away from judging? Will it lower the score?
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member

FORUM ID: Rostri-Jodu
    ORIGIN ID: Rostrijodu
    LOT: The Domus Familiarus Lot in Brindleton Bay
    LOT COST: 2,500
    LOT NAME: 4 Seasons Street
    BUILD COST: 197,500
    TOTAL COST: 200,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW
    ENTRY DETAILS: Reality show darlings, The Climates, have requested a new home with everything they would need to enjoy not just one or two of the seasons, but all four of them! While Spring is Arthur's thing, Fall is when Janine feels most at home in the world. As for Summer, well, her name says it all! And while sweet little Nicholas may look chill on the outside, his heart is super warm during his favorite season of Winter because he has his loving family to spend it and the holidays with! This two-story, three bedroom home features a greenhouse, as well as a patio and pool perfect for entertaining. Just be sure to stay out of the water in the winter! The Seasons are here, which means reality just got a little bit more real for The Climates.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

DtcK0ID.png

BONUS SIMS!

i8fWg2y.png

Yes, I couldn't resist making The Climates. They can be found here. Happy simming!

Cute build and I am loving the bonus sims
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    FORUM ID: aussiekarima
    ORIGIN ID: aussiekarima
    LOT:♥Seasonal Home♥NoCC♥
    LOT COST: (sorry forgot to write it down!)
    LOT NAME: Arid Ridge/Oasis Springs
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: $192,795
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: HERE!
    ENTRY DETAILS: ~This home may not look like much but it has everything a Sim could need,& then some!♥ 4 Build'n'Share #BnS98 #4Seasons#NoCC
    PLEASE use MOO
    A Spring Greenhouse for Arthur to potter about in,A Large eat-in homey Kitchen/Dinningroom in Janines Autumn colours,A Wintery hued loungeroom for Nicolas to snuggle with his Mom in front of the toasty Fireplace,& we can't forget Summers open outdoors areas,inher favorite colours of Summer! ♥Build original by #aussiekarima ♥ ENJOY! ♥(",)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC but Cheats used : MOO (bb.moveobjects on) (bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement) (bb.showhiddenobjects)
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: HERE!
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    BqwaoKA.png
    ni6OFZ0.png

Gorgeous build Karima!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger

Leave a Comment