Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• AnadxerAnadxer Posts: 39 Member
    @StSciurus I have a question for you. Your tag building a better tomorrow. Is that a street you build all the houses on?
    00.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @Anadxer - can't wait to see what you've come up with!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Anadxer wrote: »
    @StSciurus I have a question for you. Your tag building a better tomorrow. Is that a street you build all the houses on?

@Anadxer , I just made up that tag as a name for my showcase thread. Once you are a full member and can post pictures and links, you may want to start your own thread (discussion) to showcase your creations! :smiley:
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited December 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 60 - Winter Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID: popettypop2012
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Seasidebreeze Residence
    GALLERY LINK:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/0C07C5E6CF9E11E68FE1466C857219A9?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 2,500
    BUILD COST:134,700
    TOTAL COST: 137,200
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:http://imgur.com/a/4dMHl
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose Captain Chaz MacFreeling's Galleon as my inspiration object. My house is a family house with a Nautical theme, mainly with blue and white tones around the house. There is also a pool at the backyard and the kids pirate ship play area thingy (sorry, I'm not sure what it's called) at the front garden.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

PICTURES:
    F6bF9GF.png
    Post edited by popettypop2012 on
  • RangerlucyRangerlucy Posts: 36 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: rangerlucy
    ORIGIN ID: rangerlucy
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Out to Sea
    LOT COST:2,500
    BUILD COST: 152,955
    TOTAL COST: 155,455
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/gallery/ceOVS
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose Captain Chaz MacFreeling's Galleon as my inspiration object. The house is an attempt to recreate the idea of being in a ship surrounded by luxury, with the wooden surroundings like that of the Galleon and many of the colours drawn from the ship

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

Apologies for any issues I haven't done a slide show like this before, also as I'm unable to post list the slide show is just an unlinked URL
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Rangerlucy wrote: »
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: rangerlucy
    ORIGIN ID: rangerlucy
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Out to Sea
    LOT COST:2,500
    BUILD COST: 152,955
    TOTAL COST: 155,455
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/gallery/ceOVS
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose Captain Chaz MacFreeling's Galleon as my inspiration object. The house is an attempt to recreate the idea of being in a ship surrounded by luxury, with the wooden surroundings like that of the Galleon and many of the colours drawn from the ship

Apologies for any issues I haven't done a slide show like this before, also as I'm unable to post list the slide show is just an unlinked URL

No need to apologize! We are happy to have your entry and have linked your slideshow above. :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Anadxer
    ORIGIN ID: Anadxer
    LEVEL: Beginner (My very first Builder Challenge)
    LOT: Anadxer’s Potters Splay
    LOT COST: §2,000
    BUILD COST: §188,120
    TOTAL COST: §190,120
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1FrvBpkjRwaG72nRyIVPF69nlV-IAXqsqAeVFDz-QP6c/edit?usp=sharing

ENTRY DETAILS: Since the title is winter designer showdown I went with the “The Don't Break Your Back-pack” as my item of inspiration. I used the red color as the focal point using the other colors found in the back pack: blue snowflakes from the blue book, yellow/tan color master bedroom for the workbook in the back pack, and all holiday items have colors found on the back pack.
    By the way I don’t know where Potters Splay was at, I change all the names of my lots a long time ago, so I picked a lot that looked close to the pictures and was a 30x20.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please as it is my first challenge I would like to know how I can improve.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: I don’t know how to use mods, therefore this is all done with things from Sim 4 and the packs I have gotten.
    12-28-16_4-08-17%C2%A0PM.png
    12-28-16_3-30-03%C2%A0PM-2.png

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS60
    00.jpg
    Congratulations on becoming a full member, @Anadxer ! Wonderful entry, too! :smiley:
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    edited January 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Kilra0
    ORIGIN ID: Kilra0
    LEVEL: Starting Out (first entry in this challenge, but not my first built :smiley: )
    LOT: potpourri
    LOT COST: $2.000
    BUILD COST:$181.322
    TOTAL COST: $183.322
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/FOGnx
    ENTRY DETAILS: a modern family home for energetic sims

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: nocc
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

ekYBHR7.png
    gyezpVm.png
    Post edited by kilra0 on
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    I'm quite excited to share my entry later. :) All I have to do is take screenshots later after work and add a few finishing touches.
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    FORUM ID: pronterus
    ORIGIN ID: pronterus
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Casa Picante
    LOT COST: 2,500
    BUILD COST: 183,470
    TOTAL COST: 185,970
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: HERE
    ENTRY DETAILS: Casa Picante was inspired by the spice rack, and the first thing that came into my mind was Southeast Asia because of the spices. This house is an example of Filipino colonial architecture, and the colors of spices are seen throughout the whole house. Since the house is meant to be facing the river, I had to make the curb view as appealing as possible, which explains the great deal of detail and landscaping.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

CC7ESE1.png
    6kCSEmm.png
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited January 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: folala
    ORIGIN ID: folala
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/FB324DF1D1A711E68A81466C857219A9?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=serena&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: 130, 673
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://flic.kr/s/aHskRUxAdn
    ENTRY DETAILS: A modern house inspired by the improbable ottoman.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Wow! Fantastic entries, @pronterus and @folala ! :o
    edited January 2017
    Challenge #60 is now closed!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited January 2017
    #61 - The Hawthorne Project - Disaster Plan

You are rudely awakened by the sound of your private cell phone ringing, your home phone ringing and if you are not very much mistaken there seems to be someone knocking on your front door. You turn on the bedside light and blink as your eyes adjust to the new light levels. As you leave the snuggly warmth of your bed on this freezing January morning, you wonder what on earth could be going on. Shrugging on the welcome cosiness of your new cashmere dressing gown, a present from Santa Claus, you slowly make your way through your home to the front door, picking up a fire poker on your way, you feel incredibly nervous.

Standing on your front door is Karl Hedges, your new personal assistant, his blond hair is perfect and his suit immaculate, for a moment, you wonder what your own hair looks like but his piercing blue eyes look sad and you ask him what on earth the matter is.

Ignoring you, he rushes past you into your living room and turns on the TV. Flicking through the channels to you wonder why on earth he rushed all the way over to make you watch the latest disaster film. It’s not until you notice the banner scrolling across the screen that you realise it’s not a movie at all, but SimCopterNews. You grab the remote from Karl and turn the volume up.

“You join us just as the latest death toll has been released, 5 people have now died in the landslide that has engulfed most of Oasis Springs.”

The camera pans over the once idyllic vista of Oasis Springs, the place is barely recognisable. You think you can just make out parts of Acquisition Butte, those palm trees look like the ones that were out the front of Affluista Mansion, and the Commercial District has been completely levelled.

The news anchor is speaking again.

“As you can see most parts Oasis Springs have been completely engulfed by the mud and debris brought about by the worst landslide Simlandia has ever seen. I don’t know what the residents are going to do over this, the coldest part of the year.”

You pick up your cell from your dressing gown pocket and start dialling, before you can press the call button, you jump as it rings, fumbling with the phone you nearly drop it, Karl calmly takes the phone from you and answers.

“May I ask who is calling?”

He looks at you and mouths “It’s Ms Hawthorne.” That is spooky you think, as that is who you were about to call.

“Yes, we have been made aware of the situation is Oasis Springs.” A short pause.

“You wish to volunteer funds to set up a crisis shelter of sorts? That is really very kind of you.” Another pause.
    He mutes the phone and hands it to you, I think you had better take the rest of this call.

“Ms Hawthorne, thank you for your kind generosity.”

“Nonsense, it’s my civic duty to help those who are less fortunate than myself, I thought I had made that perfectly clear to you.”

“Of course you.” You say.

“Now, this crisis shelter, it’s not going to be your usual rag tag bunch of buildings, I wish for you to build a village of sorts, I am going to donate the land of Magnolia Blossom Park in Willow Creek and Twin Oracle Point to the cause as well, so there is no need to worry about the cost of the lots. I want this to be a place where people can get back on their feet, a little like my legacy project. I believe that 4 homes on each lot should be satisfactory for now. I think we should have one 2 bedroom residence, two 3 bedroom residences and a 5 bedroom residence.

You have switched the phone to speaker and you can see Karl taking notes in the journal he takes everywhere.

“Now, as with my legacy project, each lot must contain an element of self sufficiency, it is up to you whether that is in the form of a communal vegetable garden to benefit the entire community, or smaller areas with the borders of each home. The same can be said of the other prerequisites of the lots, the computers, the book cases, the physical equipment, logic skill items, musical instruments and art supplies. They can be incorporated into the homes or integrated into communal areas.”

“Ms Hawthorne, this is a mammoth task for our builders, I’m not sure that we are going to be able to comply with your wishes.”

“Well, I should have thought that with the talent that I have seen so far with my legacy projects that you have the skills to pull something like this off, or maybe I was premature in giving you the contract in the first place. There are other architects and contractors out there you know.” You gulp, you have really enjoyed the two projects that Ms Hawthorne has sent your way so far and without whom, you wouldn’t have found your very capable new assistant.

“Of course, I am sure that my builders will rise to the occasion.”

“As for the budget, I am going to give you $1,000,000. This can be spent in any way you wish, you can prioritise the communal or the personal spaces. I want this to feel like a cohesive neighbourhood, with a main street down the middle m aybe, but of course that is up to you. The style of the builds is of course, as always up to your builders.”
    “Wow!!” You think to yourself, but then your rational brain kicks in and you realise that 1 million simoleons isn’t going to got that far with 4 full builds and community areas.

“That is incredibly generous of you Ms Hawthorne, I will also donate $500,000 dollars to the cause as well. That way, we can be assured of building a lasting legacy for the town in which the community is erected.”

You can almost see and hear her approval through the phone line and you and Karl share a smile.

“Wonderful!! I think we should extend the usual build deadline though, don’t you?” She asks.

“Yes, I agree, I think that 4 weeks should just about get it done. Then the residents of Oasis Springs can make a fresh start and think about where they are all going to go from here.”

“Perfect. Well, good luck with everything.”

The phone goes dead before you are able to close the conversation properly.

Looking from the devastation on the TV to Karl, you say.

“Well, let’s get this show on the road.”

BRIEF

Using either Magnolia Blossom Park in Willow Creek or Twin Oracle Point in Newcrest, change the lot type to residential and build a 4 residential dwelling community.

- The 2 bedroom home must have 1 full bathroom
    - The 3 bedroom homes must have 2 full bathrooms
    - The 5 bedroom home must have 3 full bathrooms

The style you for the dwellings must be cohesive throughout the lot. But the choice of architectural style is up to you. The lot must also be fully landscaped.

The community must have all basic skills provided for (except for rocket science), these can be individual in the 4 residential dwellings, or as part of a series of communal areas:
    - Each community must include readily accessible computers, a vegetable garden, chess tables, a easels, musical instruments, and fitness equipment as well as book cases.

Your budget is 1.5 million simoleons, you do NOT need to add the cost of the lots to your total cost.

The closing date for this challenge is midnight on the 2nd February 2017

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    So here's a question, @BuildnShare : can the residences be attached townhouses?
    @BuildnShare Oh I cannot wait to get started. This is going to be fun.
    00.jpg
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    This sounds like fun! Definitely going to try it for sure!
  • RangerlucyRangerlucy Posts: 36 Member
    @BuildnShare this sounds interesting, slightly daunting but it should be fun. Hopefully by then I will be a full member.
    StSciurus wrote: »
    So here's a question, @BuildnShare : can the residences be attached townhouses?

@StSciurus - yes, they can be attached, any style you wish!

GArBA5W.jpg
    So pleased that there is so much interest in this challenge, we had worried that it would be a little daunting!!

@Rangerlucy - you might want to check out @rosemow's threads with advice on how to become a full member!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    @BuildnShare do we change the lot type of magnolia blossom park to residental?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    @SyddyB206 - yes, please, this has to be a fully liveable lot. I will update the main post, thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE 60 - WINTER DESIGNER SHOWDOWN

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top