Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    @jeswainston65 and @Valuzza90 Thank you, I'm glad you like it :)
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited April 2019
    nevermind :D I changed my mind.
    Post edited by iampes23 on
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,222 Member
    edited April 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #117 - Hawthorne Project IX

FORUM ID: SimTresa
    Lot: Home Sweet Home
    LOT COST:2,500
    LOT NAME: Potters' Splay
    GALLERY COST: 42,192
    TOTAL COST: 44,692
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Qa2A3dc
    ENTRY DETAILS: This small Craftsman style house in Willw Creek may be dark on the outside, but it is full of bright color and comfortable, homey touches on the inside. The colorful flowers out front also help to lighten up its appearance. It has three bedrooms and two baths. The backyard boasts a swing set, picnic table and grill along with a vegetable garden for Dayana. The nursery may be a bit small, but it's colorful and perfect for an infant or toddler.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

euhgjNX.png

F98LqzA.png
    Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    FORUM ID: Swcheppes
    ORIGIN ID: Swcheppes
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Fresh Starter
    LOT COST: 2,000
    LOT NAME: Bargain Bend
    GALLERY COST: 42,987
    TOTAL COST: 44,987
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Fresh Starter
    ENTRY DETAILS: Fresh Starter is truly a home made for someone who really needs a fresh start. This home is perfect for someone in need of a safe home. The master bedroom has a walk in closet and a private bathroom for when the pressures of life get to much and you you need some me time. The two additional bedrooms are perfect for a shared kids room and nursery. There's a bathroom across from one of the bedrooms. The full stocked eat in kitchen is perfect for a growing family. It opens up to the main living space where families are encouraged to talk rather then glued to electronics. However when it's needed there is a workspace perfect for a working on spreadsheets or researching a school project. Off of the kitchen is a sunroom that serves as an art studio for a budding artist or maybe an artist who may be a little rusty. Best of all it has a 360 view of the enclosed yard allowing safe play for any little ones. If you'd rather watch from outside there is a lovely shaded area near the garden.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    uRudgTE.png
    SEiKhqR.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
    @swcheppes your house is amazing!
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited April 2019
    Valuzza90 wrote: »
    @swcheppes your house is amazing!

Thanks! I'm really happy with it. Might have to move some sims in!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    Uhm...I have a problem with the Lilard family I downloaded by @chluke75 ....I downloaded them and when I placed them...they were all bald, and the kids didn't have their clothes on, just undies ... do you need a specific pack for them?
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,222 Member
    Uhm...I have a problem with the Lilard family I downloaded by @chluke75 ....I downloaded them and when I placed them...they were all bald, and the kids didn't have their clothes on, just undies ... do you need a specific pack for them?

It definitely sounds like you're missing some pack(s) chluke75 used, @jeswainston65. Just redress them and give them new hair. I've done it for sims from the gallery before.
    image.png
  • chluke75chluke75 Posts: 110 Member

I don't know why it doesn't show them when you view the gallery link, but yes, they use quite a few packs in their creation.
    Thanks @SimTresa and @chluke75 ... I will just give them new hair and clothing...was a bit of a shocker to see them bald and naked lol

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited April 2019
    FORUM ID: AfterMidnight
    ORIGIN ID: AfterMidnight13
    LOT: New Beginnings
    LOT NAME: Asphalt Abodes
    GALLERY COST: 42,958
    TOTAL COST: 44,958
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: 117 New Beginnings is a sunny family home built with the Lilard clan in mind. It's spacious enough for three (four) sims to live comfortably with room to grow should the need arise.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    ZKHZdnT.png
    GclkNO5.png
    Post edited by AfterMidnight on
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    HVCdrRO.png

Attentions ESTABLISHED Entrants for #BNS116 The Safe House

Your Results are now available HERE.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    edited April 2019
    CHALLENGE #117
    - Hawthorne Project IX

FORUM ID: MACDesign
    ORIGIN ID: MAC-DESIGN

LOT: Hallow Slough
    LOT COST: §5,500
    LOT NAME: Budget Family Home
    GALLERY COST: §44,707
    TOTAL COST: §50,207
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Full Album

ENTRY DETAILS: This lot was entirely tailored to the needs of widowed mother, Dayana, and her soon to be 3 children. With room to grow, this bright and inviting home features a large eat-in kitchen, small media space, full downstairs bath, and three separate sleeping quarters, including a calming blue nursery on the main floor. The older children can enjoy the outdoors swing set, while Dayana hangs laundry, does yoga, or cozies up with her favorite book on the back porch. This space meets all the necessary request of this ever growing family; 3 Bed, 1 Bath, a computer, a vegetable garden, a chess table, an easel, one musical instrument, one piece of fitness equipment and a bookcase. Enjoy!

This tight budget was a complete obstacle for me. I continuously found myself having to dial back the decor and landscaping to stay within budget, all while trying to keep to my usual aesthetic. 450 Simoleons for a rock... bye!! This one was extra fun, being able to have total and complete building freedom. Thanks @BuildnShare for always keeping it challenging!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure, Thanks.
    TWITTER: twitter.com/Cheney_Megan

N41EgOO.png?1
    Post edited by HIGHER_DESIGN on
  • Nicky2MNicky2M Posts: 28 Member
    edited April 2019
    FORUM ID: Nicky2m
    ORIGIN ID: Nicky2m
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Domus Familiaris
    LOT COST: $2500
    LOT NAME: New Beginings
    GALLERY COST: $44,997
    TOTAL COST: $47,497
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/pgO5GHy
    ENTRY DETAILS: This classic home was built for Dayana Lillard and her 2 children (plus one on the way). It's aptly titled 'New Beginnings' because Dayana needed a home to start her life over after finally leaving her abusive husband. This home is nestled in the charming Sable Square neighborhood and is a great place to raise her children. 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, eat in kitchen, open concept first floor, and lots of little extra nooks and bonus rooms. Plenty of space inside to decorate and a huge yard for the kids. Charming and classic, this house is sure to give the Lillard family a lifetime of happy memories.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Dt19Qxd.png

zpXsz2S.png

• gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited April 2019
    Just a reminder, your budget (45,000 for this challenge) HAS to include the cost of the lot.
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member

FORUM ID: faithofkaela
    ORIGIN ID: faithofkaela
    LEVEL: Master
    LOT: MidCentury Family Home
    LOT COST: §2,000
    LOT NAME: Sandtrap Flats
    GALLERY COST: §42,988
    TOTAL COST: §44,988
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Imgur Link
    ENTRY DETAILS: I created Dayana and her family a small MidCentury Modern style home in the backwaters of
    Oasis Creek, figuring her husband would struggle to find them out there. The home is compact, but houses four separate bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. The open plan living space does include a dining area, separate to the kitchen, as I could afford to give the family a little extra space. The back yard is fully enclosed and Dayana has a full view of the play area from her bedroom and the kitchen. I included a couple of shots of the family enjoying heir new space, but there are a couple of things that changed in the final edit, so please do not consider these in your judging.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always!!!
    TWITTER TAG: @faithkaela
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Faith Kaela
    TUMBLR LINK: Faith of Kaela
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

hHB6IvW.png

s2HBxUl.png
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    FORUM ID: pronterus
    ORIGIN ID: pronterus
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Lemonade Summers
    LOT NAME: Cookout Lookout - Newcrest
    GALLERY COST: 42,996
    TOTAL COST: 44,996
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: HERE
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Lilard Family will definitely enjoy staying in Lemonade Summers, which draws inspiration from tropical colonial architecture. Named after colors that remind people of lemonade and summer, this house boasts a well-appointed master bedroom with ensuite, two children's rooms, an open-plan kitchen and living area, a rear porch, and a backyard with full use of space. The master bedroom has a walk-in closet, a home office, a reading nook, and just enough space to fit in a treadmill. The eat-in kitchen is decorated with colors that the Lilard girls like, and it's right next to a gaming table, where the whole family can have fun. The living area includes a play nook and a painting nook. Outside, the Lilards can grow veggies in their vegetable garden and do the laundry on the porch, which faces the monkey bars area. The whole back yard is shaded by two large trees, with one decorated with lanterns, and underneath that is Dayana's special reading place outdoors.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    c0wSzcC.png
    YlhwLzg.png
    Post edited by pronterus on
  • HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    FORUM ID: HEW310
    ORIGIN ID: HEW310
    LEVEL: Not sure / Starting Out
    ROOM: Budget Kids Room
    GALLERY COST: 7,208 simoleons
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/6trJ2XY
    ENTRY DETAILS: This kids room is perfect for Dayana and her two kids! Alexis will enjoy the art creation station, as well as the plentiful amount of wall space to store and display her work. Kristi will enjoy lots of toys to keep her entertained and her wild spirit at bay, and both Kristi and Alexis can bond over stories in the reading nook.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    sMMkRUv.jpg
    tnbLXrL.jpg
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Happily Ever After
    LOT COST: $2000.00
    LOT NAME: Asphalt Abodes in Newcrest
    GALLERY COST: $42,984.00
    TOTAL COST: $44,984.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/lznO9WU
    ENTRY DETAILS: This contemporary style home was built in the new development of Newcrest. It has an open concept floor plan which makes it easy for Dayana to keep an eye on her kids. The back yard is full of fun activities that the whole family will enjoy (well, maybe not the laundry) and the girls have all sorts of new toys in their room to keep them busy. On a side note, I would totally live here :)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All the custom artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    OQKAesE.png
    e96KgmK.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention MASTER Entrants for #BnS116 - Safe House

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/14A33F5C5EFF11E980B1048C513C46C4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=iampes23&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: $6,607
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/e76hMdC
    ENTRY DETAILS: Just a plain room for two little girls whose parents can't afford to spend a ton of money.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    kS9VJ3C.png
    GC8Q5qL.png
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FE8BBF5960DB11E98D3C6B74343DD635?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=iampes23&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2,000
    LOT NAME: Forgotten Hollow Fledermaus Bend 30x30 renamed Floral Sanctuary
    GALLERY COST: $42,994
    TOTAL COST: $44,994
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/XpkEaot
    ENTRY DETAILS: A lovely sanctuary away from the world for a family on a small budget! This three bedroom/two bath house is packed with skill objects, and it has plenty of room both inside and out to play in.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    zsEPq6w.png
    SlegyBV.png
    Everyone's entries are so amazing...mine's almost done ... just need to finish lighting, then the backyard and it will be good to go!

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Holy wow!! So many awesome entries for #BnS117!!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    gmcrozier wrote: »
    Just a reminder, your budget (45,000 for this challenge) HAS to include the cost of the lot.

That's unfortunate. I didn't see that in the rules, and it was such a tight budget to begin with I didn't think it would include the lot cost. I don't think I'll have the ambition to move everything again. Thanks though!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top