Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• meowcatmeowkittymeowcatmeowkitty Posts: 85 Member
    @mannanna

I love that so much! You got so creative with it!
    I build stuff and I'm always open for constructive criticism, so feel free to do that
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited April 2019
    @mannanna
    I responded to your post about the issue with your thumbnail block when posting to the gallery, but I see you have posted well and successfully (nice build!) so I have removed the information. If you need any further info about the bug and methods of dealing with it please let me know. :)
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    edited April 2019
    @mannanna

@meowcatmeowkitty Thank you so much! :)

@SheriGR , awe you're a sweetheart! Thank you so much for trying to help me! At first I didn't get at all what you were trying to tell me but now I got it. You're talking about objects hiding your build in the Gallery. I have a lot like that in my gallery. here
    Terrible!

The picture I posted wasn't very good, but if you forget the tree and look at the ground you see a darker green line at the "property line". A shadow of sort. That is what bugging me and it looked very disturbing trying to take screenshots. It's like the lot is floating on the ground. This pic was taken in Granite Falls. I ended up using another lot where it was less noticeable but noticed other lots have that line too. I tried to bulldoze the lot and this is what I noticed:
    A double line at the edge. And the corners doesn't work to flatten. So, it appears as though the whole build is floating and doesn't match the surroundings at all.

lHT8EQo.png
    5Be79Al.png

• lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    CHALLENGE #116 - Safe House
    FORUM ID:lionpaws
    ORIGIN ID:lionpaws
    LEVEL: Established
    HOUSEHOLD: Xenia Ville

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/R9pwgpb

ENTRY DETAILS: She is stuck in the seventies, with fears of war, environmental disaster and Orwell's dooming word of "1984".
    Nerd Brain -- Paranoid - Genius - Loner

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NO CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 0zYHYAx.jpg
  • NazguneNazgune Posts: 64 Member
    Nice challenge you got goign on ! Can't wait to participate when I'll be a forum member :)

FORUM ID:lionpaws
    ORIGIN ID:lionpaws

LOT: Xenia's Hideaway
    LOT COST: $2000
    LOT NAME: Dachshund Creek in Brindleton Bay
    GALLERY COST: $42.671
    TOTAL COST: $44.671

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/nbxsRoQ

ENTRY DETAILS: Tucked away between rocks and a hard place, under the bridge in a place known as Dachshund Creek there is a safehouse only few are aware of. It has double walls, security camera, a walled off entrance room with one-way-mirror.In the basement there is a lab for the resident sim to create potions and examine probes of the environment, as well as listen to planted bugs. All that Xenia may feel a little safer away from the "jungle out there". Unfortunately due to the near creek the lab doesn't stay clean very long.
    Please see the slide show for further info of the dwellings features.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC

Rdl9Fks.jpg

5mMMZUR.jpg
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited April 2019
    mannanna wrote: »
    @mannanna

@meowcatmeowkitty Thank you so much! :)

@SheriGR , awe you're a sweetheart! Thank you so much for trying to help me! At first I didn't get at all what you were trying to tell me but now I got it. You're talking about objects hiding your build in the Gallery. I have a lot like that in my gallery. here
    Terrible!

The picture I posted wasn't very good, but if you forget the tree and look at the ground you see a darker green line at the "property line". A shadow of sort. That is what bugging me and it looked very disturbing trying to take screenshots. It's like the lot is floating on the ground. This pic was taken in Granite Falls. I ended up using another lot where it was less noticeable but noticed other lots have that line too. I tried to bulldoze the lot and this is what I noticed:
    A double line at the edge. And the corners doesn't work to flatten. So, it appears as though the whole build is floating and doesn't match the surroundings at all.

lHT8EQo.png
    5Be79Al.png

@mannanna That is odd. Not sure I have noticed that before, but perhaps I wasn't noticing. Did you bulldoze the lot and the terrain and still see this? Did you use the terrain height tools on the lot build? Do you use mods or cc? Was moo used to place or was it active when saving the lot? I will look into this a bit and get back with you.

In regards to gallery thumbnail issue on that lot you linked to...

I had to fight with a cactus in front of mine this time (after all of the outdoor elements had been tweaked for placement and details to the nth degree and editing them was a deal-breaker). It wasn't in the way before but now it was for about 1/2 of the screen. So annoying.

First, make sure that the building is facing what the lot considers to be the 'front'? (Yes, the lots all have a default/set 'front' for the gallery thumbnail.) If not, you may need to rotate/turn the lot/home.

If the above is not the issue you can try a few things (though these are not all of the possible solutions for adjusting it, but you get the idea...)

• Adjust the height of the roof.
    • Add or remove a tall tree of item in various parts of the lot or on the roof.
    • Add or remove a different chimney or other item to the roof - of various heights &/or placements.

In the case of my build for this challenge, even though my trees and hills at the side and back of the lot were definitely taller than the home and roof, the thing that ended up being least destructive (actually, not destructive at all) and effective (pushed the camera up just a bit in the way I needed to clear that cactus) was that the tallest thing on the home was the roof but the chimney was almost as tall, so I found that if I went to the top 'floor' room of the chimney (it is a faux 'room' in two floors, with the top floor of it being a half-wall with the chimney inserted into the half-wall 'room' - maybe with moo, I don't remember for sure), so I just highlighted the top 'room' of the chimney and it was initially a low wall height room so I changed it to medium wall height then tall wall height. Tall wall height did the trick to adjust the camera/thumbnail for the gallery shot. If you want to try downloading mine and see what I mean you're welcome to: Another factor is that there are actually certain lots that are apparently having this issue very badly last I knew, but I have not checked into whether this was addressed by any recent patches. Please see this post:
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • DesignasimDesignasim Posts: 87 Member
    FORUM ID: Designasim
    ORIGIN ID: Designasim
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/64142E3A5BF711E980F1795DCB646EBF?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=designasim&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 2,000
    LOT NAME: Civic Cliffs
    GALLERY COST: 42,989
    TOTAL COST: 44,989
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/4LGEgrW
    ENTRY DETAILS: I don't have StrangVille but I went for a desert theme. (all my lots in Oasis Springs are full so I built it in Newcrest) I didn't add a bunch of trees/bushes like she asked because that might draw suspicion in the desert. I wanted a sleepy little house that passersby wouldn't think twice of never mind think there is a secret lab in the basement. It has a fake lab you first entry and then a secret hidden lab, with a kitchen, toilet and bed in case you get trapped down there.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, also help with a glitch will be also welcome. Pics in gallery
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

xhb2i0m.png
    otCTi16.png

• DesignasimDesignasim Posts: 87 Member
    FORUM ID: Designasim
    ORIGIN ID: Designasim
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/84B3E5925BF711E9813D795DCB646EBF?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=designasim&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 14,785
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/LtoUckn
    ENTRY DETAILS: An all in one research lab with kitchen, toilet and bed just in case you get trapped on there.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

cffkbta.png
    R9TsG4h.png

• PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited April 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LOT: Not a secret science lab
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FC75D93B5C0A11E98409795DCB646EBF?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=PINKUSFAMILY&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Proprietor's Square
    GALLERY COST: 44,962

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Moms-Sims-3-4-Creations-1652411471645604/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2374979862722091
    ENTRY DETAILS: One bed room one Bath home in Windenburg.Lovely spacious lot belnding in with the neighborhood. No one knows there is a secret lab down in the basement...
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/Moms-Sims-3-4-Creations-1652411471645604/?ref=bookmarks

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

56960599_2375003116053099_3182231953545887744_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-3.fna&oh=61a3b82f18d808359fd9227754f66cd8&oe=5D027398

56635052_2375000192720058_374233875028639744_o.png?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-2.fna&oh=97d7bc244f978f69e59c53c75df2a05a&oe=5D2FA7E3

Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited April 2019
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/666A46C85C0B11E984A4795DCB646EBF?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=PINKUSFAMILY&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Moms-Sims-3-4-Creations-1652411471645604/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2375007506052660
    ENTRY DETAILS: Xenia Ville ..Paranoid and anxious. She is also Clumsy, Yet a Genius.. She is Taking Windenburg Like a Storm, Up rooting conspiracy's and finding clues to all sorts of scandals..
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

56815964_2375012479385496_5285060598936109056_o.png?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-1.fna&oh=3393dab93351599c813ee47f585f7a43&oe=5D3EFEC1

56806660_2375015036051907_8781013095679000576_o.png?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-4.fna&oh=9feedfb865deaa825126a3bf9d04a2d0&oe=5D45C370

Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Nazgune wrote: »
    Nice challenge you got goign on ! Can't wait to participate when I'll be a forum member :)

Hi, @Nazgune :) Here's one place you can start interacting and get your post count up towards being a full forum member - https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself/p1
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited April 2019
    Ugh - I have my house done but there's no way I can get the pics and slideshow done in time. Looks like it will be a JFF entry for me this time. I'll share a slideshow soon, hopefully. Here's my "blended in" house for a paranoid sim:

Xezdgxd.png

Yes, it looks dilapidated, but there's a fully functional apartment and science lab in there, I promise.

Good luck to all the entrants for #BnS116 <3

DOWNLOAD

• 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    BUILD ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #116 -Safe House-

FORUM ID: 13Vader
    ORIGIN ID: 13Vader
    LEVEL: Master
    LOT: SECR3T 2-D'ØR L4B
    LOT COST: § 1.500
    LOT NAME: Cottage Am See
    GALLERY COST: § 43.491
    TOTAL COST: § 44.991
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS 116 Safe House "SECR3T 2-D'ØR L4B"
    ENTRY DETAILS: This quaint Tudor cottage hides a secret. A hidden lab full of proofs of alien life and goverment conspiracies. A perfect place for Xenia to investigate and find a way to beat the alien menace.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: 13Vader_
    TUMBLR LINK: 13Vadersims
    TZotOvr.png7LmBm4G.png
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    edited April 2019
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #116 -Safe House-
    FORUM ID:
    13Vader
    ORIGIN ID: 13Vader
    LEVEL: Master
    HOUSEHOLD: Xenia Ville
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS 116 Safe House "Xenia Ville"
    ENTRY DETAILS: Xenia is your regular paranoid mad scientist. Studying some specimens she found a big fat conspiracy of the government with an alien race. She's going to fight it.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: 13Vader_
    TUMBLR LINK: 13Vadersims
    ZjID5c3.pngutXRnAK.png
    Post edited by 13Vader on
    5nd1sli.png

#BnS116 The Safe House is closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2019
    AO1G0bj.png

It has been awhile since you’ve had any applicants for the Hawthorne project, and your heart skips a beat as you spot the subject line of your next email: RE: Hawthorne Project - Please, we’re desperate!

You quickly open the message, and what you read has you ready to spring into action. This family is truly what Mrs. Emmeline Hawthorne had in mind when she started her philanthropy in the first place. You can’t believe it’s already been almost 6 months since the venerable Mrs. Hawthorne passed away. At 110 it wasn’t really so unexpected, you muse; it was just that her force of will and stage presence had made her seem larger than life and invincible. Shaking your head to clear your thoughts, you click on the email and begin to read...

Dear Hawthorne Project,

I’m sure you hear this all the time, but I really never thought I would end up in this situation. I married young, and we immediately began a family. I should have seen the signs then. How controlling he could be, how angry he would get over the slightest things. But he was so handsome, and I was in love. By the time it occurred to me what was really happening, we already had one child, and the second was on the way.

I thought that as long as his abuse was directed at me, I could take it, for the sake of the children growing up in a whole family. And I did take it. It wasn't until a few years later, when I was now pregnant with our third child, that I realized the true danger of being with him. One morning, I noticed a bruise on our oldest daughter’s arm. At first, I thought my husband had finally flipped and started in on our children, and I was FURIOUS! But when I confronted Alexis about it, she told me it was from a boy at school. But what really made my heart break, is when she told me that it must mean the boy wants to marry her and have a family like me and daddy. It’s time to go, and I am taking the kids with me.

The three of us are currently sharing a room at my mom's house in Brindleton Bay, but it's much too small for us, and worse, my husband will come looking. I don't have a job, or any real workable skills, but I am willing to find something. I used to play the guitar when I was younger, and have a little skill in that. I also think myself a decent cook, spending several years running the household. Maybe I can find something along those lines... Still, I expect money will be tight.

I'm not looking for anything too fancy. Even with the gift of a house, I know the future bills will still need to get paid. I'd like to have something with 3 bedrooms. The girls can share, but i don't want them being hassled every time the baby wakes in the night, and if it's a boy, we'll need the extra room as they grow.

Two bathrooms would be nice, one for me and one for the kids, but it's not necessary. Eat-in Kitchen would be wonderful, and less space needed than a full dining room. And of course, a living room. Most importantly, is plenty of backyard space. I really want the kids to be able to spend lots of time playing outside, with maybe a swing, or some monkey bars. Definitely no pools though! The thought of one of my babies wandering in there unsupervised really scares me. A washtub and clothes line would be nice too. I could get some laundry done while keeping an eye on the kids play time. And maybe a little shady spot for me to sit and read too.

Please, it would mean the world if you could help us start over. I promise I won’t let anyone put me in this position again. I have to make things better for my girls than I was willing to accept for myself.

Sincerely,

Dayana

Name: Dayana Lilard
    Traits: Music Lover, Family Oriented, Unflirty
    M/F/TG: F
    Aspiration: Super Parent
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation): Housewife/Stay-at-home Mom

Child 1 Name: Alexis Lilard
    Child 1 M/F/TG: F
    Child 1 Traits: Loves Outdoors
    Child 1 Aspiration: Artist Prodigy

Child 2 Name: Kristi Lilard
    Child 2 M/F/TG: F
    Child 2 Traits: Wild
    Child 2 Aspiration: N/A (toddler)

Further children please list below:
    Bun in the oven - Second Trimester - Unknown Sex

The brief:
    • A 3 Bedroom/1 or 2 Bath home, you have free reign on how the house is built, landscaped, laid out etc.
    • Must include: a computer, a vegetable garden, a chess table, an easel, at least one musical instrument, at least one piece of fitness equipment and a bookcase.
    • The budget must not exceed $45,000.
    • Keep in mind Dayana’s description of her wishes as you design their new space

Room challenge:
    Create a room for Alexis (child) and Krisiti (toddler) to share. Your budget is 10,000.

Sim Challenge:
    There is no sim challenge this round as the family chosen was submitted for the Hawthorne Sims Challenge. You can download the talented @chluke75 ‘s Lilard family from the Gallery here
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    I have a question...do we post both the room and lot here or does the room have to go somewhere else?
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @jeswainston65 They can both be posted here, but they need to be separate. One entry for the lot and one entry for the room. Looking forward to seeing your entries! :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    I love this idea.....it reminds me of habitat for humanity.......I think i am going to try this one. I did the last one but did not have the time to upload it....
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
    Allears wrote: »
    @jeswainston65 They can both be posted here, but they need to be separate. One entry for the lot and one entry for the room. Looking forward to seeing your entries! :)

Thanks Allears....having a bit of trouble with inspiration today...but over the weekend I should be on point...looking forward to yours too.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
    Cold yesterday and snowfall today, so I had time to build. Here's my BnS117 entry:

CHALLENGE #117 - Hawthorne Project IX

FORUM ID: lionpaws
    ORIGIN ID: lionpaws

LOT: Safe Haven

LOT COST: $2.000
    LOT NAME: Daisy Hovel (Willow Creek)
    GALLERY COST: $42.802
    TOTAL COST: $44.802

ENTRY DETAILS: Dear Ms Lilard

We have a new home for you and your kids. It is located in Willow Creek, that should be far enough away from your former husband. We tried to meet all your wishes:

It's a one story home with three bedrooms. One for the girls, with an art table for your art ambitious daughter and a special toddler bed for the little girl. The toddler playthings are scattered throughout the house, so the little one can find something to do wherever you are. The nursery for the unborn is as colorful as the girls room. between the kids rooms there is the family bathroom. it has two sinks and a big tub'n'shower, the potty for the toddler is in there too.

The living kitchen area we kept open plan so it will be easier for you to have an eye on your children. There you find a chess table, an easel, a sitting area with TV an electronic piano, a guitar, and a computer desk with computer.

In the kitchen area we opted for a big table instead of counter seating. Here you can have family dinners together and supervise the homework of your school children.

From the seating area you step out onto the back porch, where the necessary clothes-washing-tub and clothes-drying-line are. from here you have access to a small alcove where we put in a treadmill for you.

In the garden there is also a basketball hoop for family fun when your kids grow up. The garden is divided into two separate parts, a playground and a vegetable garden (both enclosed).

The playground holds the basketball hoop, swings a playhouse and a bench in the shade.
    The vegetable garden already holds vegetable seedling ready to be planted and cared for.

The third and last bedroom is part of a small suite, for you to recede to and have some quiet every now and then.

We hope you find peace and a wonderful future in your new home,
    sincerly -lionpaws builds-

ps.:Please join us for a tour through your new home:

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/c2EJlJy

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used

1sLsE6S.jpg

jJpDPQG.jpg
    @lionpaws ... your house is so cute...I love it.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
    @lionpaws very lovely home! <3
    edited April 2019
    fcuRqPI.png

Attentions Starting Out Entrants for #BNS116 The Safe House

Your Results are now available HERE.
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list