Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited March 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #91 - Back to Basics
    FORUM ID: itguyinsc
    ORIGIN ID: itguyinsc
    LEVEL: Expert

LOT Download: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A3E8E466322011E88B0738E726CE10E3?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=itguyinsc&max=50&maxis=false

LOT COST: $2,410.00
    LOT NAME: Brindleton Bay - Sporting Space
    BUILD COST: $72,512
    TOTAL COST: $74,922

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://photos.app.goo.gl/2JWVi8825QcxGSpQ2

ENTRY DETAILS: Charleston Chic - Modern build with craftsman inspirations. A simple fountain welcomes you to this open floor plan with sunken family room where sims families can relax by a cozy fire or read their favorite fantasy novel. Large master bedroom and teen/kid bedrooms with lively color to brighten your day! Open kitchen and dining with room to whip up your favorite family meal. Enjoy outdoor grilling and poolside relaxation and capturing nature on the easel out back.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (no cc, no recolors) yes - enlarged items and yes - moo used

Charleston Chic

0U1Ys6Gu_ljElADJ0a_NBBKIATVPVM-uLej2Qz-Cja3IgKF_cEVtksaOhcrYxq3UH7iF1v7OX4qqSFX7dMIk-kt9KCvps_P5uTvh5ObG98GSOifSbd8LmawxjihJ9Kxu0I9nk9V26rQll1ucLBwYEpgyu1FQZFTBMZQij43XWCF5KCfwIBeJNAWMHtTQeKXVc8vfRG_5x8s05IR5Qw6QfalTP3aqpRdCiHw30QAiM_JlV1AdkT1CbLporevb_PgoGkyvQLh73Jy5_zEvWWcUpo4BKCFtAGw44cle97MkSioeW2QIfvCqlN6l-ov-8_SX8NXOqCSyRhNP5QqC5XFsgDb0RsK97Sq1a-ZdAnej-flVUEl6qzigK0PuCqLOCiHJ-bCoW7YTIWMLJDVT8J2ZpN2q1IjmWbgAdFUcaf9pAp8Nd-yMcJQVgPzC4id_i1T0jxpog6HEIcLgds3cWpVf7qwBZxD50R-wfshvDSJAuohlBzzQKhqSo6PQh8G3erh8EMtrQnNziFl6U43Dge61BPuSv4JiNjb4dgmdvQLN3DKsupb41sre1d2MKDv7zzXr0OoLbdTLjh7w8k3OP-6gTrBOTniNPUeabudqC08irA0yLp_HfoPwlJydQd_S1tNDc9DxLbEc5-3TZbtsNW_ErjYfPJ1Nz_cDAw=w1440-h757-no

Xd66sqDow-e0fFEZuBfEJH1eQdS7YYNjL2OiWhAUDe87Z5poxdIHlTenh1lYZhw0WUVBAuuukzsmKREphEd61dB4x7n9hfJivGNn9owQLk5w_xBmT05QqImdfakvs1aMIkPjy4yGxBEfkRlYBqHypwuXS8-mFMhrrMEPgOOfgXxDRaATxKIX1WcMw7O-9j401FdA-UWEkChn4kbufnLIV7WjiWh8A2y7VCP64Z6rUplrxG8JcUEZxzQm5GZYRBD3SufZgX71pqyAUYzE_fj11Iy-NTusMmcAJP0zLQa39Y-L-jRP-0my58hUtP2ZSNOSZVcjsZzeSi9Hlp6AszUR4w2eBUcTAIF9IPDlm-pxmHaCt-P147qNQE9RCudeQdFdW8BdQ1kmyd2zHRSgDKuxOPZ1nikWVUU93rEtHT7411FSDJaYeheP2ZN_xc2AkGRDSJG8RkOIQTRi6s6ob-fkr4qWQ00RHH9OyObL46xaFfqEgdbiBnckXcDIVIXqr8bt_b5S89gOg7P2gPM7M4sVfUGK4ux9jkqTcd-UGzl1cPC3xe5SaEP1Ht4tAx5y1KPar7hwE8Wsm3ljFfbOS8tXey9xml0RS9eWrVsIkFng=w1806-h949-no

Post edited by itguyinsc on
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited March 2018
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE BnS91 - Back to Basics

Forum ID: EuphorialQueen
    Origin ID: EuphorialQueen
    Level: Expert
    Household: Blanders BnS91
    Link To Entry Slideshow: More Pictures
    Entry Details: Jules and Aggie Blanders are raising two children and hoping for more. Their family has outgrown their Simsfield home and they are looking for a new place to live. Nothing fancy ... just somewhere comfortable. Original by #EQCreations #BnS91 #BaseGame #NoCC
    Aggie (YA) - Friendly, Family Oriented and Creative
    Jules (YA) - Ambitious, Book Lover and Active
    Jinx (Teen) - Music Lover and Gloomy
    Graden (Child) - Active
    Constructive Criticism: Yes Please
    Credit For CC/Recolors: Zero CC
    Space For Pictures:
    blande15.jpg
  • Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member

@BuildnShare
    Is it possible to use an openspace that includes kitchen, dining and living spaces to the #BnS91 - Back to Basics Home?
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Valuzza90 wrote: »
    @BuildnShare
    Is it possible to use an openspace that includes kitchen, dining and living spaces to the #BnS91 - Back to Basics Home?

@Valuzza90 , by "openspace" do you mean an open plan—a large area that includes kitchen, dining and living without separating walls? If so, then of course, you can design an open plan home. The only real requirements this time around are the budget, base game materials only, and a livable home for a family of four people (2 adults, teen and child or toddler).
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    edited March 2018
    FORUM ID & ORIGIN ID:

ROOM: Blue White Kitchen
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/NVekm
    ENTRY DETAILS: nothing much to say about it... it's blue and white :D
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: nocc
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    3VQRZPr.png
    PMPi1Pk.png
    Post edited by kilra0 on
  • ShadowFairy74ShadowFairy74 Posts: 46 Member
    FORUM ID:ShadowFairy74
    ORIGIN ID:ShadowFairy74
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8275BF1632B911E88BAA650268EC9136?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=shadowfairy74&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:2500
    BUILD COST: 72,412
    TOTAL COST: 74,912
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/6sDF0
    ENTRY DETAILS: Hopeful home is a simple but lovely home for this family of four. A pool and a garden area detail the landscape and help engender happiness and hope in this family's life. The interior of the home has a nice kitchen, elegant fireplace, and musical equipment for the talented teen. A perfect starter home for a fun loving family.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Y
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    [img]i.imgur.com/6LpgHX8.jpg[/img]
    [img]i.imgur.com/fOArwMP.jpg[/img]
  • ShadowFairy74ShadowFairy74 Posts: 46 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    Forum ID: ShadowFairy74
    Origin ID: ShadowFairy74
    Level: Established
    Household: www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8275BF1632B911E88BAA650268EC9136?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=shadowfairy74&max=50&maxis=false
    Link To Entry Slideshow: imgur.com/a/D7WuL
    Entry Details:Sean and Ariela Lancaster are raising two wonderful girls (Ella, and Leila) in a cozy little home that they all love. It may be considered a starter home to some but to the Lancasters this home means so much.
    Sean (YA) - Genius, Family oriented, Good
    Ariela (YA) - Neat, Foodie, Family oriented
    Ella (Teen) - Muser, Creative, Genius
    Leila (Child) - Silly
    Constructive Criticism: Y
    Credit For CC/Recolors: none
    Space For Pictures:[img]i.imgur.com/O4tN33B.jpg[/img]
    Valuzza90 wrote: »
    @BuildnShare

@Valuzza90 , by "openspace" do you mean an open plan—a large area that includes kitchen, dining and living without separating walls? If so, then of course, you can design an open plan home. The only real requirements this time around are the budget, base game materials only, and a livable home for a family of four people (2 adults, teen and child or toddler).

Yes, I meant that! Thank you! ^_^
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    FORUM ID: pronterus
    ORIGIN ID: pronterus
    LOT: Kagoshima
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Pebble Burrow
    BUILD COST: 73,500
    TOTAL COST: 75,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: HERE
    ENTRY DETAILS: Kagoshima is the latest addition to my series of Japanese-inspired homes named after prefectures in Japan. This home uses only base game items and has an experimental style, inspired by Namba Parks in Osaka, Japan. Many elements in modern Japanese buildings such as the use of wooden slats, bamboo, and tiles on the exterior can be seen in this build.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    TCD0R1P.png
    eSJ0JjM.png
    FORUM ID:ShadowFairy74
    ORIGIN ID:ShadowFairy74
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8275BF1632B911E88BAA650268EC9136?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=shadowfairy74&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:2500
    BUILD COST: 72,412
    TOTAL COST: 74,912
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/6sDF0
    ENTRY DETAILS: Hopeful home is a simple but lovely home for this family of four. A pool and a garden area detail the landscape and help engender happiness and hope in this family's life. The interior of the home has a nice kitchen, elegant fireplace, and musical equipment for the talented teen. A perfect starter home for a fun loving family.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Y
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    6LpgHX8.jpg

fOArwMP.jpg

GArBA5W.jpg
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    Forum ID: ShadowFairy74
    Origin ID: ShadowFairy74
    Level: Established
    Household: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8275BF1632B911E88BAA650268EC9136?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=shadowfairy74&max=50&maxis=false
    Link To Entry Slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/D7WuL
    Entry Details:Sean and Ariela Lancaster are raising two wonderful girls (Ella, and Leila) in a cozy little home that they all love. It may be considered a starter home to some but to the Lancasters this home means so much.
    Sean (YA) - Genius, Family oriented, Good
    Ariela (YA) - Neat, Foodie, Family oriented
    Ella (Teen) - Muser, Creative, Genius
    Leila (Child) - Silly
    Constructive Criticism: Y
    Credit For CC/Recolors: none
    Space For Pictures:
    O4tN33B.jpg

GArBA5W.jpg
    Well, hey there @itguyinsc - how lovely to see you over here in our little corner of the forums!!

GArBA5W.jpg

@pronterus your home is amazing! :o
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    @pronterus Oh my goodness! Your build is so unique beautiful and.. inspiring too!! I Love it very much; it feels relaxing.
    285JXDb.jpg
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited March 2018
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F66BC2CF339311E88252DE15B984DA1F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=gmcrozier&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 2,000
    LOT NAME: Civic Cliffs
    BUILD COST: 72,956
    TOTAL COST: 74,956
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/EF04X
    ENTRY DETAILS: 329 Centenial Drive is a mid-century gem with separate living and sleeping wings.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    RMBK2uU.png
    cebBo4u.png
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    @gmcrozier Your build is very spacious and modern! I love it.. i'd absolutely live there... and also... I can see the huge difference between... we the Established builders and the Expert builders!! ... Ive got a ways to go to get there :smiley:
    285JXDb.jpg
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS90 - EAST MEETS WEST

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS90 - EAST MEETS WEST

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • TwinmumTwinmum Posts: 52 Member
    New to these building contests (but been playing Sims for a looong time) So if the brief says it has to have a certain number of rooms, can my entry have more then the number stated?
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    I have a question. @BuildnShare, can you use the items from the free holiday packs??? Inquiring minds and all...

Such amazing work everyone!!! Unbelievable what can be done with just the base game pack! I'm incredibly impressed!

Twinmum wrote: »
    New to these building contests (but been playing Sims for a looong time) So if the brief says it has to have a certain number of rooms, can my entry have more then the number stated?

Welcome to BuildnShare :) You can have more than the required number of rooms as long as the brief doesn't specify to have exactly that number. Keep in mind though that the budget was set with the room requirements in mind, so make sure anything you add doesn't take away from being able to fully decorate and furnish the required rooms.
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    I have a question. @BuildnShare, can you use the items from the free holiday packs??? Inquiring minds and all...
    Such amazing work everyone!!! Unbelievable what can be done with just the base game pack! I'm incredibly impressed!

Not on this challenge. For this challenge, you must use only items that came with the base game when it was released. Filter by "Base Game" to make sure nothing else is showing up.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Laireen35Laireen35 Posts: 47 Member
    CHALLENGE #91: Back to Basics

FORUM ID: PV13
    ORIGIN ID: Lyrens35
    LOT:
    COST: 2,000 §
    LOT NAME: Willow Creek, Bargain Bend
    BUILD COST: 72,997 §
    TOTAL COST: 74,997 §
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    ENTRY DETAILS:

Bargain Bend Base Game Build: As the challenge states, this house is a base game only build. The house is placed in Willow Creek on the Bargain Bend lot (cost §2000). It’s a typical suburban family home for a family of four Sims, with living space downstairs and bedrooms upstairs.

Layout: On the first floor, you enter a hallway. From the hallway, you go in to the combined kitchen/dining room, which also includes a small pantry and a study nook. There’s access to the roofed patio through a door next to the kitchen. At the end of the combined kitchen/ dining room, you’ll find the living room, which is furnished with couches, coffee tables, tv and stereo, as well as a cozy fireplace. On the first floor, there’s also a half bath, which comes in handy when entertaining guests or if your Sims just don’t bother to go to the upstairs bathrooms.

The second floor is the private area of the house, where you’ll find the bedrooms and the family’s two full bathrooms. There’s a master bedroom with an ensuite bathroom, as well as access to the parent’s peaceful balcony. There are two children’s rooms – one for a toddler girl and one for a teen girl. From the landing, there’s also access to the shared children’s bathroom.

The garden is tastefully, yet sparsely decorated with some wildflowers and multiple trees. There’s a patio with seating and a barbeque area. The patio area is surrounded by hedges, and the rest of the garden is enclosed by fencing. There are a couple of garden pots, if your Sims have green thumbs. And for the toddler, there is a sandbox with blocks and toys.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A – No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    edited March 2018
    PV13 wrote: »
    CHALLENGE #91: Back to Basics

FORUM ID: PV13
    ORIGIN ID: Lyrens35
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/54BF51EB352611E889ACDE15B984DA1F
    COST: 2,000 §
    LOT NAME: Willow Creek, Bargain Bend
    BUILD COST: 72,997 §
    TOTAL COST: 74,997 §
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1p1kjpsjg9nz166/AABfRJSRMOKXO1II4nLvO0lLa?dl=0
    ENTRY DETAILS:

Bargain Bend Base Game Build: As the challenge states, this house is a base game only build. The house is placed in Willow Creek on the Bargain Bend lot (cost §2000). It’s a typical suburban family home for a family of four Sims, with living space downstairs and bedrooms upstairs.

Layout: On the first floor, you enter a hallway. From the hallway, you go in to the combined kitchen/dining room, which also includes a small pantry and a study nook. There’s access to the roofed patio through a door next to the kitchen. At the end of the combined kitchen/ dining room, you’ll find the living room, which is furnished with couches, coffee tables, tv and stereo, as well as a cozy fireplace. On the first floor, there’s also a half bath, which comes in handy when entertaining guests or if your Sims just don’t bother to go to the upstairs bathrooms.

The second floor is the private area of the house, where you’ll find the bedrooms and the family’s two full bathrooms. There’s a master bedroom with an ensuite bathroom, as well as access to the parent’s peaceful balcony. There are two children’s rooms – one for a toddler girl and one for a teen girl. From the landing, there’s also access to the shared children’s bathroom.

The garden is tastefully, yet sparsely decorated with some wildflowers and multiple trees. There’s a patio with seating and a barbeque area. The patio area is surrounded by hedges, and the rest of the garden is enclosed by fencing. There are a couple of garden pots, if your Sims have green thumbs. And for the toddler, there is a sandbox with blocks and toys.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A – No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    7osf8tC.png
    mrfeWib.png

Post edited by masajo on
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    @PV13 D**mit that's a nice house!!
  • PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    I'm having a problem with the family i created for this challenge. It says I'm using something from a game pack (Hangout or something like that) but no matter how many times I go over each family members clothing/hair/accessories etc. I cannot for the life of me figure out what isn't base game. Any tips on how to locate the culprit?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top