Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    A couple of hours till the deadline.

I have enjoyed seeing everyone's creations..
    Everyone should be proud of their talents.
    I have seen such wonderful builds here..

See you in the next BnS,

Diane Pinkus
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited April 2019
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    SheriGR wrote: »
    @Pirate I have a bunch of plants uploaded into the gallery that you are welcome to pop into your yard to make a garden. The best ones for this type of build are the multi-fruit, multi-vegetable and multi-herb ones - covers all they need to cook.

Though, ready-to harvest plants will drive up the build cost. Found that out the hard way last year.
    image.png
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited April 2019
    @SimTresa Actually, mine are uploaded harvested and most cost less than $20 as long as you don't re-upload them having been played. It's a dance.

Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    SheriGR wrote: »
    @SimTresa Actually, mine are uploaded harvested and most cost less than $20 as long as you don't re-upload them having been played. It's a dance. Just have to do it right. the up side is, especially with the dragon fruit ones added to the lot, the lot is worth thousands more after watering and/or waiting a day or two.
    For instance, if you download the room, then take the plant only (not the pot) from the room, delete the pot and room, it is about $20 or less, depending on the plant. Just don't play the lot more than an hour or so with them added or the price may go up. Save the lot as soon as the plants are added. If the price rises, re-place the lot from the saved version and your price is fixed again. I'm obsessed with gardening and the plants. They cam from my gardener (millionaire) sim households.

I forgot to mention, I've saved some plants from my own gardens, but only to my library. It was an easy way to get some mature plants into a new save and give my gardener a head start. I think the new garden has everything but the Sixam plants growing in it, and the seeds are in that gardener's inventory.
    image.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    5nd1sli.png

#BnS117 - Hawthorne Project IX is closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2019
    ghelf9I.png

It’s that time again - time to show off your awesome design skills! The celebration of the spring season around the globe is traditionally seen as a time of new beginnings. In that tradition, our attention will turn to the Goth’s home in Willow Creek, Ophelia Villa. Have you noticed it? Well, we sure have, and we’ve never seen a home in such a desperate need of a spring-time spruce up. Let’s release this grey eyesore from its current drab state and give it the new beginning it deserves!

3AAgqw8.png?1

As always, there are a few rules...

The Brief:
    • You can change the window size, window type, and window placement as desired.
    • You can change the door size, door type, and door placement as desired.
    • You can change the color of any windows, doors or arches.
    • You can change the style, size, and location of any stairs.
    • You can delete any porches & railings and create new ones if you’d like.
    • You don’t need to keep any of the furnishings, landscaping, wallpaper, siding or flooring. It can all be changed/replaced.
    • The roofing can be replaced/modified as you wish.
    • You can save and place the home on any lot up to 40x40 in size in any world of your choice.
    • Interior walls can be deleted/re-arranged as you wish, and new walls can be added.
    • You cannot delete existing exterior walls, but you can add onto the build in any way you wish.
    • Current wall heights AND foundation heights must remain the same.
    • Equal attention in judging will be given to the new interior design, landscaping, and architectural design.
    • There’s no budget for this one - go crazy!

Sim Challenge:
    Give Mortimer, Bella, Cassandra & Alexander a stylish makeover more fitting for their new beginning.

Room Challenge:
    Make over the 3rd floor (uppermost) bedroom as a new bedroom space for either Alexander (Bookworm) or Cassandra (Gloomy, Creative, Muser). The current room footprint (6x6 with same stair placement) must remain the same as in the current build. Keep the traits of the sim you are designing for in mind.

Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS118 when you upload your creations. Any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged.
    The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday 8th May 2019 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time]
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Ok, So what this is stating-

Is use the House shell.

We can then do anything we want - add to it in any way- But LIGHTEN It UP... Don't go any darker ?
    A " Spring " renovation...

• DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Hello everyone xD
    I have questions :P I'm sorry lol
    firstly, you cant remove any of the exterior walls, but you can add to them, and recolor them? all the interior walls can be rapleced right ?;p
    annd what about the fences outside? do they count as exterior walls?
    Second, wall height must remain the same, does this include the foundation height?
    Maybe this is all obvious, but i don't wanna mess up (i will propably ask more questions as i renovate) :pensive:p
    Last, the challenge mentions Bella, Cassandra and Alexander.
    But what about Cora ? ;p
    Thnx!
    edited April 2019
    Ok, So what this is stating-

Is use the House shell.

We can then do anything we want - add to it in any way- But LIGHTEN It UP... Don't go any darker ?
    A " Spring " renovation...

Pretty much! We don't want it to be grey/drab. It could potentially be a darker yet less drab in color, I suppose. But, in general, lightening it up would be a sure-fire way to start :)

Devilariah wrote: »
    Hello everyone xD
    I have questions :P I'm sorry lol
    firstly, you cant remove any of the exterior walls, but you can add to them, and recolor them? all the interior walls can be rapleced right ?;p

Correct :)

annd what about the fences outside? do they count as exterior walls?
    Fences do not count as exterior walls and can be adjusted any way you choose.

Second, wall height must remain the same, does this include the foundation height?

Yes - that would cover foundations, too. I'll add that to the brief.

But what about Cora ? ;p
    Thnx!

There wasn't a Cora in my game's household. I'll check on that...

ETA: There's no Cora in Ophelia Villa in the brand new game I started, but there is Mortimer! We'll add Mortimer to the challenge :)
    GArBA5W.jpg

But what about Cora ? ;p
    Thnx!

ETA: There's no Cora in Ophelia Villa in the brand new game I started, but there is Mortimer! We'll add Mortimer to the challenge :)[/quote]

Wait who is Mortimer ? xD
    I have a Cora (Alexander's partner, and the mother)

But what about Cora ? ;p
    Thnx!

ETA: There's no Cora in Ophelia Villa in the brand new game I started, but there is Mortimer! We'll add Mortimer to the challenge :)

Wait who is Mortimer ? xD
    I have a Cora (Alexander's partner, and the mother)[/quote]

Do you have a story-progression mod, @Devilariah?
    If you look at your Goth family's geneaology, you'll see Mortimer as Bella's husband and Alexander's father. I have a save in which th efamily died out, and another in which both Alexander and Cassandra are married with children.
    image.png
    edited April 2019
    If you look at your Goth family's geneaology, you'll see Mortimer as Bella's husband and Alexander's father. I have a save in which th efamily died out, and another in which both Alexander and Cassandra are married with children.
    [/quote]

I have figured out the problem and....i feel stupid :D
    I play the sims in dutch.. but i thought only the last names where different.. but some of the first names are also different... some are the same though so i got confused :s

Thank you though!!!

And anothr question xD about the room challenge, it says the footprint must remain the same, what does that mean?
    does it still need to be a bedroom? or can it be another room (so adding to the 3d floor)
    Post edited by Devilariah on

I have figured out the problem and....i feel stupid :D
    I play the sims in dutch.. but i thought only the last names where different.. but some of the first names are also different... some are the same though so i got confused :s

Thank you though!!!

And anothr question xD about the room challenge, it says the footprint must remain the same, what does that mean?
    does it still need to be a bedroom? or can it be another room (so adding to the 3d floor)[/quote]

Oh! And I've seen some of those alternate names on the sims Wiki pages. Just never looked at the ones for the Goths.
    image.png
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @Devilariah Keeping the room at the same footprint means to keep it in the same place, the same size (6x6) and leave the stairs where they are. The room you're designing is to be a bedroom for either Cassandra (Gloomy, Creative, Muser) or Alexander (Bookworm). Looking forward to seeing your entry! :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    Allears wrote: »
    @Devilariah Keeping the room at the same footprint means to keep it in the same place, the same size (6x6) and leave the stairs where they are. The room you're designing is to be a bedroom for either Cassandra (Gloomy, Creative, Muser) or Alexander (Bookworm). Looking forward to seeing your entry! :)

I thought since you can add to the current build that maybe another space can be build on the third floor as a bedroom and the 6x6 can be something else, but i think you're saying thats not allowed as the 6x6 must be the bedroom itself? ? ;P
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    edited April 2019
    Never mind, answered my own question.
    Allears wrote: »

I thought since you can add to the current build that maybe another space can be build on the third floor as a bedroom and the 6x6 can be something else, but i think you're saying thats not allowed as the 6x6 must be the bedroom itself? ? ;P

Hi @Devilariah :) The room challenge is separate from the build challenge. So, as long as your bedroom is 6x6 in size and has stairs in the same place as the current 3rd floor bedroom does, you're good.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    Can I add a room on the top floor?
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
    You cannot delete existing exterior walls, but you can add onto the build in any way you wish.

This would include extra rooms.
    image.png
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    You cannot delete existing exterior walls, but you can add onto the build in any way you wish.

SimTresa wrote: »

Woot! Thank you!
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Not bad - the shell and my new exterior costs $145,532. XD I absolutely love having no limit on funds. <3
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    This is my first time submitting, do i submit it here or is there a link of where I post my submission?
    This is my first time submitting, do i submit it here or is there a link of where I post my submission?

@KitelDesigns, fill out the entry form and post it to the thread here.
    image.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    Me too @SimsIslandheart ! The Goth family will want for nothing 😁

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top