Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Just a quick reminder to all entrants to please use the full entry form as is. Collating all your entries is a big job and this would help make our lives much easier. Thanks in advance.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Challenge 72 sounds great @BuildnShare, but I think you made a mistake on the bugdet on the brief. :)
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    I have a question, if we're stacking them side by side, do we have to keep the internal wall or can we open the space up?
    Challenge 72 sounds great @BuildnShare, but I think you made a mistake on the bugdet on the brief. :)
    Nope, the brief is correct, it's the costs quoted in the challenge that were incorrect, all sorted now, thanks for pointing that out @abelhinha35
    I have a question, if we're stacking them side by side, do we have to keep the internal wall or can we open the space up?
    @RachelShennan - you can open them up :)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@BuildnShare The budget is MINUS the cost of the lot? Or is the lot cost free?
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #71 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT PART IV
    Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare The budget is MINUS the cost of the lot? Or is the lot cost free?
    The lot cost must be included within the budget @FoundMarbles
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @BuildnShare I was thinking of turning the containers on an angle but that does give the look of a large space. Is it okay to still do them as 4X10 or would you prefer that they be sized down accordingly? Thanks
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @BuildnShare Sorry- one more question- does the wall height matter? And if it doesn't matter do they all have to be the same height?- Thanks again!
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    edited June 2017
    @JasonAnthonySterling - I am also planning to do a few containers on an angle. If i remember correctly, in previous challenges, you were able to keep them at the same size. That will need to be checked on, but I am proceeding with the diagonal containers at the same 10x4 size

- although, now that I am in game and looking at it, they do seem huge!
    edited June 2017
    No Longer Applicable
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • hannaht413hannaht413 Posts: 95 Member
    @BuildnShare First off, hello! I've never done any building challenges before but I'm really excited to and yours seem awesome! Secondly, are we allowed to cut off a piece of the container? I'd like to make a diagonal wall on one of mine (just getting rid of the piece that I would remove). Also, are they allowed to intersect each other in a way that removes a piece of one of them?
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    I'm about £15k under budget too! It's just a generous budget I think!
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    >.< *builds all de most expensive things... lot only costs 92k* .... more flowers... MOAR FLOWERS >.<
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    @BuildnShare I was thinking of turning the containers on an angle but that does give the look of a large space. Is it okay to still do them as 4X10 or would you prefer that they be sized down accordingly? Thanks
    @JasonAnthonySterling - Yep, 4x10 at any angle you wish!
    @BuildnShare Sorry- one more question- does the wall height matter? And if it doesn't matter do they all have to be the same height?- Thanks again!
    @JasonAnthonySterling - Wall heights all have to be the same for all containers on the lot, but they can be any height that you wish.
    misscbong wrote: »
    @JasonAnthonySterling - I am also planning to do a few containers on an angle. If i remember correctly, in previous challenges, you were able to keep them at the same size. That will need to be checked on, but I am proceeding with the diagonal containers at the same 10x4 size

- although, now that I am in game and looking at it, they do seem huge!
    @misscbong - again, containers are allowed to be on an angle at the same 4x10 size.
    hannaht413 wrote: »
    @BuildnShare First off, hello! I've never done any building challenges before but I'm really excited to and yours seem awesome! Secondly, are we allowed to cut off a piece of the container? I'd like to make a diagonal wall on one of mine (just getting rid of the piece that I would remove). Also, are they allowed to intersect each other in a way that removes a piece of one of them?
    @hannaht413 - firstly, hello and welcome to Build'n'Share! You need to keep all four walls in place, removing one piece might make the containers weak and/or unstable. Although, you can of course intersect them in any way you would like, as this would add more strength to them.

As for budget, we just thought we'd give you a generous budget for once, this challenge requires a huge amount of creativity and we didn't want to limit that with budgetary constraints :smiley:

GArBA5W.jpg
    CHALLENGE #: 72 -Reuse and Recycle @ The Gym
    FORUM ID: hannaht413
    ORIGIN ID: hat413
    LEVEL: Established. Not entirely sure, but I've never done any sort of build challenge before, though I've been building a while now.
    LOT: Verdant Gym and Yoga
    LOT COST: $3,000
    BUILD COST: $122,863
    TOTAL COST: $125,863
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/zfHZt
    ENTRY DETAILS: Verdant Gym and Yoga is an upscale and exclusive gym with the best amenities and a steep membership fee. Climb a rock wall, lift weights, take a yoga class, or even get a massage! After you're done, stop by the café for a quick bite or unwind in the hot tub. Perfect for serious bodybuilders and people who go to the gym so they can tell their friends they're working out when they're actually doing nothing, and everyone in between. Join today!

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    33ehpoy.png
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @hannaht413 - wow!! This place is stunning!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • annathefantabulousannathefantabulous Posts: 200 Member
    @BuildnShare Hello love! Longtime lurker of this thread and decided to finally give it a go building my own. Quick question, while you said that fences and half walls are allowed, what about columns? Can we have columns supporting containers, or do they need to be on top of other containers? Thank you :)
    @BuildnShare Hello love! Longtime lurker of this thread and decided to finally give it a go building my own. Quick question, while you said that fences and half walls are allowed, what about columns? Can we have columns supporting containers, or do they need to be on top of other containers? Thank you :)
    Hi and welcome @annathefantabulous!! Yes, columns are allowed, you can have them supporting containers as well.

GArBA5W.jpg
    @FaithofKaela Thank you so much! :smile: Building it was really fun and I'm really happy with it.
  • annathefantabulousannathefantabulous Posts: 200 Member
    @BuildnShare Alright, thank you for the clarification! <3

@hannaht413 WOW!!, I thought mine was coming along well until I saw what you did! Trust me, it will put mine to shame. And WOW again!
    @FoundMarbles Thank you, oh my gosh! :blush: And I'm sure yours is coming along really nicely! I'm really excited to see everyone's. :smile:
    edited July 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 72 -Reuse and Recycle @ The Gym
    FORUM ID: FoundMarbles
    ORIGIN ID: FoundMarbles
    LEVEL: Established (?)
    LOT: Gymtastic
    LOT COST: 3000
    BUILD COST: 192387
    TOTAL COST: 195387
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/SKou8

ENTRY DETAILS: I packed this lot with numerous meditation areas, fountains, basketball mini court, lots of flowers, plenty of space for eating from the espresso-juice bar, full service change rooms, showers for the sweaty, sauna, spa, espresso-Juice Bar, yoga studio, rock climbing, lots of treadmills, full workout machines, a good sized swimming pool, a small creek for foot dipping & good signage. The back lot has the best scenery with landscaping meant to merge with local terrain. There are plenty of spots to just sit and enjoy the gardens. The first 2 customers seem to enjoy the facility. I think it has everything visitors could want!

Gallery link:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/315CA762605311E78FB7291F6B257650?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=FoundMarbles&max=50&maxis=false

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    fodSTUO.png
    qBpQ4Du.png

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS72

The deadline for this challenge is 5th July 2017
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top