Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @buildnshare IS there a requirement of the size of the build? Does it have to be built at a 30X20 to 40X30 lot or is it totally up to me? Does it have to be close to Jesus's place or can I build in Windenburg?

Sorry for all the questions:)
  • nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    CHALLENGE #: 64 - Ryunoten, Attorneys at Home
    FORUM ID: nicolethebowl
    ORIGIN ID: nicolethebowl
    LEVEL: established, more on beginner side
    LOT: The Comfortable Lawyer
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 97,772
    TOTAL COST: 99,772
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/yx8Lj
    ENTRY DETAILS: So the budget what ought for what it asked for but I managed to fit it all in. There isn't exactly a designated work out area but there is a yoga mat by the pool and a weight machine on the side of the house. The house in in Windenburg with a great view and right on the water.The master bed/bath are in the basement to give Michael and Dream some privacy from the kids whose rooms are on the top floor. The main floor incorporates a lot of brown and cream colors so that nothing it so bright nor too dull to the eye. The pool is right on the deck with a lemonade pitcher for those hot summer days. Lastly, I am not good at roofing so I know it needs some improvement but if you could offer me some constructive criticism I'd be happy to hear it!

CFyaBlJ.png
    QH39Xay.png
  • lyssanlyssan Posts: 53 Member
    @nicolethebowl I love the simple touch of an aquarium in a bathroom. I want that IRL :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @buildnshare IS there a requirement of the size of the build? Does it have to be built at a 30X20 to 40X30 lot or is it totally up to me? Does it have to be close to Jesus's place or can I build in Windenburg?

Sorry for all the questions:)
    @popettypop2012 - never worry about asking questions, other than the requirements listed, the rest is up to you completely, you can build it anywhere you like!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Bah, low country house roofing is complicated :O
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS #63 LEY LINES

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    I think I've got it figured out now.

1NbU5rB.png
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thanks @StSciurus - I'm wondering if it's just too darned big at the moment though....
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Gorgeous build @nicolethebowl would be lovely to see some landscaping around the house :)
    Love the look of your build @FaithofKaela the roofing is spot on, doesn't look too big to me, see how the budget goes :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Thanks @masajo - the budget seems to be allowing me to decorate this monster, so I'm just keeping going ;)
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    So, I know you didn't specify what world to make it in, but what world would you suggest I make it in?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • lyssanlyssan Posts: 53 Member
    Could someone please help me a bit? I am not sure if this classifies as low country - never heard of this style before. In fact, I was halfway through building a charming French country cottage when I realized there is no mention of French in that post! I tried to consult Mr Google and I think it is ok...? but I am not sure.
    CzZvVxO.jpg
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    @lyssan it looks like county style for me though i would personally add more windows :D looks good *^*
    @SyddyB206 Willow Creek is a good place as Jesus had his house built there :)
    @lyssan your wonderful build looks very low country to me :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    I was thinking about building something like one might find in the historic district of Charleston, South Carolina (you can't get much more low country than that!):
    AOSOu5g.png

But already I know I will be way over budget once I start decorating and landscaping. Trouble is, I'm having too much fun with this build, so I'm going to go ahead and finish. Maybe if I have time, I will start a new one with a more conventional look. :smiley:
  • undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    @lyssan thank you so much for your comment on my build! I appreciate it (:
    ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
    Mega build @StSciurus and very low country, would be awesome if you kept it under budget :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    edited March 2017
    I just finished fully building my house, here's a sneak peak! y0yrF1Q.png
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    Looking good, @SyddyB206 ! :smiley:
  • undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    CHALLENGE #: 64 - Ryunoten, Attorneys at Home
    FORUM ID: undressyourbones
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: A New Beginning
    LOT COST: 2,500
    BUILD COST: 97,498
    TOTAL COST: 99,998
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: Thanks for checking out my entry. I've called it A New Beginning since the clients are finally moving out on their own and preparing to start a family. 1st floor has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It wasn't really mentioned how many kids...so I created rooms for
    all stages of life. 2 teenage/young adult rooms, 1 kids room with 2 beds and 1 toddler room with 2 beds. I put the baby cradles in the master
    suite since i'd figure at that stage it'd be easier to have the babies close to them. Can always be deleted once all the kids have grown up. The
    1st floor is also where the kitchen, living room, and dining room. One of the bathrooms is under the stairs.
    The entire 2nd floor is the 'master suite'. Features a seating area and dining area if they happen to have guests to entertain and an exercise
    area in the corner of the room. I went with a little bit of modern furniture in their suite to give it a more masculine feel though I fear that
    overall the house may still be more on the feminine side...

They have a small backyard, most of the space taken up by their swimming pool!

Hope you like it!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

03_03_17_8_19_42_PM.png
    03_03_17_8_24_28_PM.png
    @nicolethebowl - what a gorgeous little home, and yes, that aquarium in the bathroom is a great idea, one that I may have in fact *borrowed* for my entry ;)

@lyssan - Definitely Low Country if you ask me! It looks fab, I'm loving that fountain out front.

@SyddyB206 - I'm with @masajo, Willow Creek might be a good place to build as it's where Jesus is located. What you have built is so cute!! Can't wait to see the rest of the place

@StSciurus - That looks amazing! I do hope you manage to get it in under budget!

@undressyourbones - Amazing little place! So calming and peaceful <3
  • nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    @undressyourbones I love the open area on top! I'd never think to do more than a small deck!
    Thank you, @masajo and @FaithofKaela ! We'll see how it goes… :/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top