Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 28 - Techno…what?
    FORUM ID: @Don_Oello
    ORIGIN ID: Don_Oello
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Paint it Pink Starter
    LOT COST: €1500
    BUILD COST: €18447
    TOTAL COST: €19947
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: Archie Tect got a request from the BnS Community to build a small house with a budget of only 20K. He found a nice lot in downtown Newcrest and got started. Inspired by some music he wants to paint it pink and realised that white complements very well. The porch gives a nice view over the city.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    5-10-15_15-56-58.png
    5-10-15_15-58-07.png
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    edited October 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 28 - Techno…what?
    FORUM ID: Cerrydd
    ORIGIN ID: Cerrydd
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Pink Brownie
    LOT COST: $1,500
    BUILD COST: $18,499
    TOTAL COST: $19,999 (I hope she has some pizza left in the freezer!)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: Starter home with mostly brown and pink colours. Shops are a walking distance away, but the lot does come with a pretty sunset, which Tashira will hopefully enjoy from the small balcony. Ground floor has a open living plan, while the first floor has the bedroom and cramped bathroom.

I hope Tashira won't fall off the stairs, because I forgot to add a railing. Mind your step!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

02_zpsumekbdzi.jpg
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited October 2015
    @BuildnShare, when will we be getting feedback on the previous competitions. :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited October 2015
    Challenge #28 is now officially closed. We'll be posting #29 shortly, we hope you'll join us :)

Challenge #29 - The Lady in White

When you first met Lady Augusta Blanche, you couldn't actually swear that she walked in. Ethereal and pale, she had smiled at you in a way that was sweetly wistful. You leapt up shook her hand, surprised at how delicate it seemed to be, and how cold. Her blue eyes had almost seemed to glow they were so light and her hair was the color of weak candlelight. Only the fact that you briefly felt her pulse against your hand when you shook hers assured you that she as alive.
    Now she was gone and you are tipped back in your chair, marveling at the odd assortment of people who come into your life looking for a home. And Lady Blanche was no different.

"I am looking for a graceful home, suitable for spending the rest of my eternity there. It needs to have at least 4 bedrooms, a sitting room/ music room, parlor, living room and lovely kitchen. Quality and beauty are bywords for me, so the furnishings must be top notch." She told you, elegantly positioned in the chair across from you. "Servants quarters are required. I seek a wall around the yard, which must be generous, as I am a very private person. I work primarily at night so there must be curtains at the windows in the bedroom."

All of that seemed reasonable to you, even if she would not tell you what she did for a living. What threw you was the request for a graveyard or mausoleum to be included in the back yard. Here she had turned all misty eyed and dreamy, looking like something off of the cover of a romance novel. "My beloved husband needs somewhere to rest during the day and his gravestone needs a proper setting to ensure his best sleep...."

"Your husband is...dead?" You asked cautiously, more than a little creeped out now.

"Yes, but not gone. He comes to me every night and we live in the perfect joy and love we shared before his little...indiscretion." The pretty smile she gave looked just a trifle unbalanced to you now. There was no way on earth you were going to ask what she meant by indiscretion.

You had assured her that this could all be done in a couple weeks, making her smile brilliantly before drifting from your office like a ghost. You were not sorry to see her go...

Brief:
    4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, sitting/music room, parlor, living room, kitchen.
    High quality furniture.
    large walled in yard
    Graveyard or Mausoleum in the yard
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare, when will we be getting feedback on the previous competitions. :)

Apologies for the delay, we're working on this :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    Still no new challenge?
    New challenge is up!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    will be giving this a go I just googled "mausoleums" :)
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• thegizkythegizky Posts: 84 Member
    A lot, room, and sims?!?! What a challenge, indeed. This will either bring out the best or worse of my skill then haha!
    edited October 2015
    removed
    Post edited by mommataurus2 on
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

@Buildnshare I see that you want both a parlor and a living room. Could you explain to me the difference between the two please? Thank you.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    Not back at work for another week so got plenty of time for this challenge. I've missed taking part in these.

@FaithofKaela congratulations I'm really pleased for you.
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    thegizky wrote: »
    A lot, room, and sims?!?! What a challenge, indeed. This will either bring out the best or worse of my skill then haha!

Don't feel overwhelmed, you don't have to do all of them. The Sims are just an extra. and the room is there for those who don't have time for the full build. Of course you can do all of them, just don't feel you have to :)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
    @Lebanna phew I might go back to it then, I hate using create a sim...... :)
    I am ready to post my build but I would still really like some clarification between a living room and parlour please. Thanks.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I am awaiting clarification too @mommataurus2 - does google /wiki give an explanation ?
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

@Lisiann1 This is what I found about the word Parlour. "Parlor is a dated word to mean a sitting room in a private house. Generally it means a room in a public building used to receive guests; it could also be a room in a convent."

I wonder, I created a living room with a fireplace and then more of a study in the back with a library?! I wonder if this is an acceptable substitute for a parlour? Or if I should switch it to fit this definition? My living room doesn't have a television. I wonder if this is what is meant as a parlour because its more of just a place to sit and relax?! I don't know. I think I am just going to post mine as is tonight.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

@mommataurus2 it could really just be a formal living room, it's just a place to receive guests. Just like today's homes sometimes have a "living room" and a "family room".
  • ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    The parlor is a nice formal or semi formal place where you visit with people who are guests but not necessarily friends or family. Kept clean and ready to receive unexpected visitors. The living room is where you enjoy hanging out with family, friends, where kids can play and the family lives.
  • ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    THe study is a different room entirely.
    CHALLENGE #: 29 - The Lady in White
    FORUM ID: mommataurus2
    ORIGIN ID: mommataurus2
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Blanche and Beyond Estate
    LOT COST: 3000
    BUILD COST: 225610
    TOTAL COST: 228,610
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: kizoa.com/Video-Maker/d25879339k4137134o1l1/blanche-and-beyond-estate
    ENTRY DETAILS: I was inspired by the description of our client. Her ethereal appearance and personality and formal name seemed to scream for something high end and formal looking.

br8UX3x.jpg
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Attention Established Entrants for Challenge #28 - Techno...what?

Your results are available HERE.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    edited October 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 29 - The Lady in White
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Green Gables
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 219,579
    TOTAL COST: 222,579
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/masajo2/slideshow/Lady in White
    ENTRY DETAILS: Created and designed with 'The Lady in White' in mind, spacious and sprawling, white and ethereal, green tones representing the earth. Servants quarters in the basement, lots of cobwebs as this area hasn't been used for many years. Walled garden for privacy at the rear including the Garden of Remembrance for former family members and Mausoleum containing the ashes of Ellie Gant.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/E0FFF404775511E581450A3036811548?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false

f8645926-8831-4e55-a225-18e7b1d74084_zps5cmjh52d.png
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    @BuildnShare , I´m working on this challenge #29, "The Lady in White", but I still have no clear if the servarnt quartes are included into the 4 bedrooms or they must be rooms apart.
    Thanks in advance for an answer.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top