Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    Cerrydd wrote: »
    Kaile wrote: »
    can someone tell me how to link to the gallery?

Go to http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery and click Browse. You'll have to sign in with your Origin ID, and then you're able to search for your build. Click on your build, and then copy-paste the adress from your browser. Hope that helps :smiley:

thank you! ^^
    edited May 2015
    i wanted to go back and look at challenge #18 but are the archieves no longer kept up to date?
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited May 2015
    I am now confused, I finished my build last night and the value is $152 076, but when I saved it to my library the value is $164 000. How is this possible, can anyone help me with this? :)
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited May 2015
    Kaile wrote: »
    i wanted to go back and look at challenge #18 but are the archieves no longer kept up to date?

@Kaile - I apologise, I haven't found the time to get the archives up and running, but will make this a priority next week. Thanks for the poke ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    I am now confused, I finished my build last night and the value is $152 076, but when I saved it to my library the value is $164 000. How is this possible, can anyone help me with this? :)
    Did you play test the lot at all @Issabella14? Or add any sim created paintings to the build?

GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare, yes I did play test it. Does this mean I am over budget?
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited May 2015
    Isn't it crazy the way the value of the lot works in Sims4 I find it most annoying it should be what it is and not all these hidden extras! I hope you figure it out @Issabella14
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

Thank you @llisa17ann for your consern <3 This build has really been a tester for me, I have racked my brain with the A framed houses I want to enter, now finally it is done, but I have to get the budget right. :)
    @BuildnShare, yes I did play test it. Does this mean I am over budget?
    Playtesting means that your objects start to depreciate in value, although the amount that you have stated seems a little extreme. Do you still have a save of the build before you started play testing?
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2015
    @BuildnShare, no I dont, I should have save it, but I didn't know that is was going to be a problem. What do you suggest I do? :/
    p.s should I print screen the house in build mode and the house in my library?
    @Issabella14 - Is there any way you can bring down the cost of the lot as it is, to fit within the budget? This whole lot value thing is a total headache, it was much more simple in TS3. I will try and do some testing of my own next week and see if I can come up with a foolproof plan of action for the future.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2015
    @BuildnShare, I do believe that will be the best option in this case. Also it is rather odd that the difference is $12 000. It has never happened to me before. I play test all my builds. I really hope it is not a bug of some sort :)
    @Issabella14 - It is a huge difference, I would understand had it been more along the lines of $2-3k. I am sorry that you are going to have to re-evaluate your build though. I too, hope that it isn't a bug of some kind. *hugs*
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @Issabella14 - I have to disappear now, off to work. I hope you can get it sorted, or that someone else may be able to shed some light on the situation...
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2015
    Thank you @BuildnShare, enjoy your day :)
    edited May 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 19
    FORUM ID: Issabella14
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Twin Peaks Bungalows
    LOT COST: 3000
    BUILD COST: 151,983
    TOTAL COST: 154,983

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:

http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/Challenge19 - Twin Peaks Bungalows

GALLERY LINK:

http://www.thesims.com/gallery/E4CECC6C021911E584E8B0D859B2D240

ENTRY DETAILS: I have built two bungalows with the exact same blueprint but interiors was designed to suit the Natalia and Bianca's styles. Looking at the lot from the front, Natalia's bungalow will be on the left and Bianca's bungalow on the right. Each bungalow has an attic. I converted Natalia's attic into a very needed office, whereas Bianca's attic is used to store boxes that she has not unpacked yet and they will decide how they would convert that space at a latter time. The outdoor entertainment area comes with a skylight roof.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A Cheats used MOO, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and bb.showhiddenobjects.

SPACE FOR PICTURES
    6%201_zpsu5phewaj.jpg
    3%202_zpsqize13jg.jpg
    4%201_zpsk0majvhn.png
    2%206_zpskjlufrg1.jpg
    @Issabella14 I love your creativity! Totally amazing! <3

its fine @BuildnShare im sorry just wanted to go back and check the budget for challenge 18 but i looked at my entry and figured it out :)
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited May 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Deja Vu Duplex
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/3DE59EFB00E911E5870C4952BAB0DA01?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=gmcrozier&max=25
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 151,929
    TOTAL COST: 154,929
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/library/Deja Vu Duplex?sort=6&amp;page=1
    ENTRY DETAILS: 2 story duplex featuring two 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath units with an open floor plan ground floor.

SIM: N/A

ROOM: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    05-22-15_5-42nbspPM-2_zpsykbh6vqi.png

Now I'm going back and work on my 1st one that didn't make the budget :)
    Thank you for your support @lisa17ann. <3:)
    @gmcrozier your house is really cool. Love the architectural style and layout inside :)
    edited May 2015
    @BuildnShare, I trust you slept well. I have another problem. I cannot open my build in the gallery to add my link. I tried it last night and then this morning again. I see that Twin Peaks has been downloaded but the save won't open. I also have tried a new save to the gallery, but it just does the same. I have no mods or cc in my game. :(
    Great build @gmcrozier you have such a talent for this. :)

edited May 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Kaile
    ORIGIN ID: Hiddensimsrealm
    LEVEL: established
    LOT: Land and Sea Duplex
    link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/6801884C011611E5854D85C8F87AB830?category=all&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=newest&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=land and sea duplex&amp;max=25
    link to slideshow: http://s375.photobucket.com/user/HiddenSimsRealm/media/Land and Sea Duplex/05-19-15_11-50nbspAM_zpsx9bqnqus.png.html?sort=3&amp;o=38

LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 149,445
    TOTAL COST: 152,335
    ENTRY DETAILS: im sorry the slideshow is all over the place. I take the photos in order, upload them and they get all messed up. Im still new at this and dont know how to fix it....so im sorry. Also I have no idea why the doors wont show up in photos??? so new at this :/ Anyways When deciding how to decorate the interior I wanted to go lilac and aqua to match the dresses. However i didn't want matteo having to live in a purple home. So since I made them the more high end materialistic couple i started putting out purple gems and crystals. Things that were liliac accents. In the end It turned into a ocean theme and I came up with the land and sea duplex :) Obviously since Bianca has the botanist life time wish i gave her a land themed duplex in the colors of brown and green, and natural. I left a lot of clutter in bianca and paolos decor while keeping natalia and matteos decor clean and tidy except for their expensive objects that they are displaying such as their many crystals, and of course a lot of books since natalia is a bookworm. I decided to give bianca the geek trait since she is a collector so she has some geeky furnishings such as action figures, harry potter posters and etc. I made her the less mature sim since natalia is the one whose mature and wanting to start a family.

SIM: Double Trouble
    Untitled_zpswxn7eypk.png
    Gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/835E9437010711E589B985C8F87AB830?category=households&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=newest&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=DOUBLE TROUBLE&amp;max=25
    slideshow:http://s375.photobucket.com/user/HiddenSimsRealm/media/Double trouble/Untitled_zpswxn7eypk.png.html?sort=3&amp;o=29
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none :)

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    05-19-15_11-50nbspAM_zpsx9bqnqus.png
    05-19-15_11-59nbspAM_zpstfe8sotz.png
    05-19-15_12-08nbspPM_zpsjbeus96m.png
    05-19-15_12-07nbspPM_zpsotb4iehy.png
    05-19-15_11-57nbspAM-4_zpsqamkzqb7.png
    05-19-15_11-56nbspAM-2_zpshxtoijzz.png
    05-19-15_12-05nbspPM_zpsfaes8kl8.png
    05-19-15_12-04nbspPM-4_zpsxlofgxcp.png

since people kept requesting pictures of the doors....here they are:
    05-19-15_11-30nbspAM-2_zpsirtcuesd.png
    05-19-15_11-30nbspAM_zpsgpmlalqy.png
    05-19-15_11-30nbspAM-3_zpsu2pim9sl.png
    05-19-15_11-31nbspAM_zpsifhjd4av.png
    Post edited by Kaile on
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    @BuildnShare, I trust you slept well. I have another problem. I cannot open my build in the gallery to add my link. I tried it last night and then this morning again. I see that Twin Peaks has been downloaded but the save won't open. I also have tried a new save to the gallery, but it just does the same. I have no mods or cc in my game. :(

Hmm @Issabella14 I searched the gallery for your build, and I can find it, but when I click it to get a link I get:
    2015-05-23%2012_41_10-The%20Sims%20-%20The%20Gallery%20-%20Official%20Site.png

I'll try again tomorrow, but maybe it's a good idea to search the anwers.ea.com forum to see if anyone else had a similar problem
    I also get the "oops" when I click to download it directly. Hope you figure it out! Or maybe someone else has another idea
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Lebanna wrote: »

Hmm @Issabella14 I searched the gallery for your build, and I can find it, but when I click it to get a link I get:
    2015-05-23%2012_41_10-The%20Sims%20-%20The%20Gallery%20-%20Official%20Site.png

I'll try again tomorrow, but maybe it's a good idea to search the anwers.ea.com forum to see if anyone else had a similar problem
    I also get the "oops" when I click to download it directly. Hope you figure it out! Or maybe someone else has another idea

It comes up fine for me! Nice job! :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top