Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member

@misscbong - yep, both the furniture placement and layout need to be an exact mirror.

@BuildnShare How strict is the need for furniture to be in the exact same place?

The couples have different interests and needs like the office area. As another example the two kitchens, the one for foodie chef Bianca would have an emphasis on food prep space but a kitchen for friend of the world Natalia may use more space for seating. Then there is placing items off grid which could prove to be tricky.

Just so I know how careful I need to be that's all.

• Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    I don't think the furniture needs to be mirrored because its 2 different households with different personalities and taste (as per brief) With exception of the kitchen and bathrooms maybe. (Makes sense)
  • agusiamalagusiamal Posts: 294 Member
    I also think that only layout should be mirrored. I think it will be more funny when each unit will be different and unique. Even kitchen and bathrooms you can do in another way.
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    I've been working hard on this mirrored thing lol but, do agree the spaces should be mirrored (rooms kitchens and bathrooms) but not sure why furniture and decorations need to be mirrored. Even though I've done this hahaha!! I slightly feel like I'm losing my mind. :D
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

edited May 2015
    Yep. I did it too. And I'm doing a second version right now - furniture and decorations are different in both units. I've already lost my mind :D
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Ok y'all win!! Keep the layout mirrored, but don't worry about furniture, except in the kitchen and bathrooms :confounded:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2015
    Sorry had the brief wrong (uggg) will re-post later :)
    Post edited by Zita1966z on
    Wow Looks great! @Zita1966z :)

edited May 2015
    I would like to know if both bedrooms in each units must be with en suites? Or only the master bedroom must be and the second may be without it?
    Post edited by agusiamal on
    edited May 2015
    2 re-post
    edited May 2015
    Challenge #19 - Double Take

Each unit should have:
    ☆ 2 bedrooms with en suites

That's not exactly what I've meant. I know that a mirrored units must have exactly the same layout. What I've meant is if both bedrooms in unit have to have it's own en suit bathroom. Or it will be ok that only the master bedroom is with en suite and the second can be just guest bedroom which can be without adjoined bathroom.

I'm sorry. I can't explain that better. My English knowledge is still too poor. I understand almost everything but writing is not my strong point :(
    edited May 2015
    2 re-post
    edited May 2015
    Ok. I was thinking about it and I didn't know how to understand that. Thank you Zita. It's very kind of you. You are very helpful :)

P.S. I love your new avatar <3
    edited May 2015
    2 re-post
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Each unit (so each home) should have 2 bedrooms with en suites, so 4 bedrooms in total should all have an en suite. That's how I read it...
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
    That's why I was asking about it. It's not clear for me... And my first impression was the same like you said @Cerrydd . But then I started to think too much as I see now :#
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited May 2015
    Both bedrooms, in both sides, should have attached bathrooms.

The powder room should be viewed as a half bath.

So in total the build will have 4 full bathrooms and 2half bathrooms (one in each side of the duplex).
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you :) I'll continue construction as planned :smiley:
    edited May 2015
    2 re-post
    I'm having a issue with my build...The lot value without build is $3,000 and then $133,592 with build on it but then the upload value is $151,850. It doesn't even make sense. And, then it says I have custom content in my build and I know I have no CC in my game with the exception of a little bit of makeup, hair and clothing. Which has nothing to do with the build at all lol So I'm confused to say the least and not sure how to fill my form in. Help?

@lisa17ann I can't exactly help you with that, but I have noticed price discrepancies between the info panel and the gallery price before. Do you have any sim-painted paintings in your build?
    I've got the same issue. In info panel I have almost $17,000 less than the gallery shows. And I haven't got any sim-painted paintings. But I've learnt to look at the price when I'm saving the house to my library. I rarely look into an info panel cause there is always much difference between it and gallery price. And I have no idea why it's happen.
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    I always use the Gallery price, then add the lot cost to give the final amount :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Weird, I thought it may have something to do with paintings. Not sure why it's often incorrect lately :(

I think the best way to measure the cost is by going by the gallery price and then adding the lot cost yourself. Alternatively, you could place the build and then check the price in map view.
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited May 2015
    I have noticed that in Sims4 Depreciation does not transfer to the gallery.
    So if you are building with Sims on the lot every time you go into live mode to test something or do something the lot will depreciate, but when you go to upload it to the gallery it will be at the original price. That is why you may be getting the two different prices. Unless of course they changed it with a patch recently lol
    Hope that made sense :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top