Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited May 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #:18
    FORUM Lisa17Ann
    ORIGIN Lisa17Ann
    LEVEL: Established

LOT: New Beginnings

Built on: Parkshore

LOT COST: $5,500
    BUILD COST: $129,741
    TOTAL COST: $135,241

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s70.photobucket.com/user/puppyhugger17/slideshow/New Beginnings?sort=9

ENTRY DETAILS: Kathleen and Kelvin’s New home is cosy but has plenty of room for Kathleen to get around in her wheel chair. The Entry is open to the living room and large hall way that leads to the Master Suite, 2nd bedroom, guest bath room, and a hall closet. Through a double arch way you find yourself in a spacious dining room that has a partition wall leading to the kitchen. The kitchen is also very spacious and has a computer nook on one side. The back door located in the kitchen leads to the outside of the property. Outside you will find a large patio which leads around the side of the house to a fenced off pool (to keep the grandchildren safe) then a nice lawn area for Kelvin and Kathleen to sit together under the shade of an enclosed bench and watch as the grandchildren play. The landscaping is tidy although has a natural feel as the old tree on the property are still growing tall and provide shade and privacy from The Main Family home.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM:N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    1.jpg
    24.jpg
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #17

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @lisa17ann Aww...love your couple! So cute! And beautiful cottage for them. <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    edited May 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #:18
    FORUM Kezflake
    ORIGIN elsing2000

LOT: Days to Remember thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/C09C96D5F73411E48E096931A5A3888F

Built on: Umbridge Manor

LOT COST: $6,500
    BUILD COST: $146,051
    TOTAL COST: $139,551

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: mysimslegacy.com/days-to-remember

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Kathleen is recovering from a hip operation but has the friend of the earth aspiration, I wanted this to be near a park so she can easily socialize with old friends and make new ones. Also I wanted good access to this park from the lot so it is easy for her to visit in her chair. Kevin now retired wishes to spend more time fishing so I made sure this lot was close by to a fishing spot for him, not so close their 5 year old grandson would be in any danger though. For this reason the pool on the lot is also secured by a fence. Other more shallow water areas are blocked by plants. Much of their time will be spent in the living room, and possibly the bedroom as Kathleen recovers. I wanted to make sure these spaces were comfortable and had good views of their landscaped garden. They are thrilled they will now see more of their grandson Kaiden and have a special playroom set up for him with his interests. Also a spare bedroom is decorated in a boyish blue with interesting cosmic paintings while still feeling grown up enough for any of Kathleen’s many friends that may stay. Many of the couple’s achievements are displayed on the walls from Kathleen’s career in science and Kevin’s career in business.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM:N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC Used MOO, Unlock & Buy Debug

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    1-1-front.jpg

1-8-rear-flower-garden.jpg

• Options
    Awww thanks @pammiechick what a sweet thing to say! I love your build aswell! And, so glad you've joined us established builders are its obvious I've only had access to the sims for 2 days so it was kind of a rushed job but oh well lol

Everyone has done such a great job on this challenge it's always so fun seeing everyone's builds!

• Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited May 2015
    I just love your cottage @lisa17ann. Like you have said before, you love building cottages, and I can see that, well done. <3:)
    @kezflake, what a gorgeous house with beautiful landscaping. <3:)
    @gmcrozier, what a mansion, great architectural design. <3:)
    All the entries are really excellent, it is going to be a difficult challenge to judge.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I would just like to apologise for the delay in getting the Expert Results up for #16, RL is mammoth at the moment, I am hopeful of some free time next week.

Just a gentle reminder that this category still needs results posted. I understand how RL always comes first, but noticed results for a category in Round #17 were posted today, so I thought perhaps Expert #16 was accidentally overlooked? Thanks! :)

• Options
    I just love your cottage @lisa17ann. Like you have said before, you love building cottages, and I can see that, well done. <3:)
    @kezflake, what a gorgeous house with beautiful landscaping. <3:)
    @gmcrozier, what a mansion, great architectural design. <3:)
    All the entries are really excellent, it is going to be a difficult challenge to judge.

I do need to step outside my cottage shaped box though! Lol I just felt like I had to get it done! And, it's easier to do what you know I guess? Thanks for the compliment :) and congrats again on your amazing pyramid!

I agree this should be a difficult challenge to judge with so many great entry's :)

• Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I would just like to apologise for the delay in getting the Expert Results up for #16, RL is mammoth at the moment, I am hopeful of some free time next week.

Just a gentle reminder that this category still needs results posted. I understand how RL always comes first, but noticed results for a category in Round #17 were posted today, so I thought perhaps Expert #16 was accidentally overlooked? Thanks! :)

You haven't been forgotten, I promise!! These should be up tomorrow :)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 18
    FORUM ID: misscbong
    ORIGIN ID: misscbong
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Homestead Bungalow - Gallery Link
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 103,961
    TOTAL COST: 106,961
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s7.photobucket.com/user/misscbong/slideshow/Homestead Bungalow
    ENTRY DETAILS:

This 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom home is made with accessibility in mind. It has large open spaces and extra room for ease of getting around. Styled and decorated in a more country-style, this home has a master bedroom suite to die for! There is ample outside room with a starter garden, covered pergola and lots of extra space to cook and enjoy the sunny weather.

A private office space allows for a third bedroom option, or to be kept as a working space.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

05-06-15_7-07nbspPM.png

05-06-15_7-05nbspPM-2.png
  • Options
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #17

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member

Okay, cool. Thank you for the update! :)

• Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »

Okay, cool. Thank you for the update! :)

Thank you for the nudge, RL is just a little crazy, weddings and funerals and lots of work.....

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ATTENTION #16 EXPERT ENTRANTS

Apologies for the delay, but your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    kameliaxxxkameliaxxx Posts: 132 Member
    edited May 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: kameliaxxx
    ORIGIN ID: Kameliaxxx
    LOT: Peaceful no CC - http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/F9F03C08F8E411E484F2780525D3AA9B

LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 126,477
    TOTAL COST: 129,477
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/kamelia-el/slideshow/pece?sort=3
    ENTRY DETAILS: 2 bed, 2 bath house with patio out the back

12.05.2015_22-02_zpssbo0y6ld.jpg

12.05.2015_22-03_zpsu0qd16hk.jpg

12.05.2015_22-02-2_zpsjbytp9eb.jpg

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Moo and cheatcodes: bb.showhiddenobjects,
    Sorry that I can't write more but my English is practically nonexistent.
    Hugs <3
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Great to see you here @kameliaxxx very big welcome :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    @gmcrozier you rebel! But I have to agree with what you are saying and I really like your Mid-Century Modern.
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    I wasn't inspired to join in on this particular challenge, but I can see that many of you were, and I can really feel the love and attention to detail in your designs. Fabulous work, all! :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    WOW guys, really awesome houses. I was going to leave comments on each individual build but this week is 2 difficult, they r all so good. :)
  • Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Gorgeous house @misscbong <3:)
    Welcome @kameliaxxx, very beautiful house. <3:)
  • Options
    I completly agree @Zita1966z the standard on all these lots is so good and it is so inspiring looking through all the slideshows.
  • Options
    KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited May 2015
    :D :D :D
    Post edited by Kaile on
  • Options
    Good morning all, this is the official close out of challenge #18. Challenge #19 will be up soon :D
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    benlow11benlow11 Posts: 83 Member
    edited May 2015
    I am working on getting my slideshow done. Is it alright if I submit mine in just a few minutes? It's okay if I can't, I will just post the links if anyone wants to see it. I had to start my slideshow over because flickr was acting up and lost my pictures the first time around.
  • Options
    Kaile wrote: »
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Kaile
    ORIGIN ID: Msurfer1
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: The lot can be found in my catalog. It is named "Bella Casa"
    LOT COST: $2,000
    BUILD COST: $139,643
    TOTAL COST: 141,643
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s375.photobucket.com/user/HiddenSimsRealm/slideshow/
    ENTRY DETAILS: I made an italian inspired build. Everything is mostly traditional with some modern conviencences. Its very unique for an elder home. I made sure to make everything wheelchair friendly. So its all one story....no foundation....no stairs....and no pool. Since Kathleen wants to be a friend to the world she will probably be having lots of company, friends, and partys so I included a huge kitchen, living, and dining area including a bar for her to entertain with. So lots of seating for guests ;) This lot is taylored towards Kelvin as well. There is a fish fountain out front since he is an angler. There are fish bowls throughout the house and fish mounted on the walls. Also since he loves to fish I figured he would love the outdoors. There is a lot of garden, and outdoor patio because of that. There is a lovely starter garden out back and with even a cow-plant that any sim can grow on their own since its already planted. Everything is under budget so that kathleen can have money for medical expenses regarding her hip
    Lot = $141,643/154,000
    Living room = $19,272/35,000
    total savings = $12,357 for medical expenses! :)
    SIM: Both sims can be found in my catalog under "Kathleen & Kelvin"
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s375.photobucket.com/user/HiddenSimsRealm/slideshow/Kathleen and Kelvin
    ENTRY DETAILS: Kathleen is the social butterlfy who loves to cook, make drinks, and have guests over. Kelvin is more of a loner. He fishes and gardens, and keeps to himself for the most part. However, their love of the outdoors seems to have brough the two together. Though total opposites: grumpy and cheerful; the two are a perfect match.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please! It will help me to improve and point out things I may not have noticed
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No cc used! :) just cheats: moveobjects, ignoregameunlockentitlement, etc :)
    PICTURES: Hiddensimsrealm.Tumblr.com

Forgive me, I am late. I just joined the new forms today and saw b-n-s and the challenge this morning.....i rushed to finish in time.....but taking the photos and everything made me miss the deadline. I am new to the sims 4 forums.....I used to do buildnshare challenges in the sims 3. I literally saw this challenge and go so excited that I decided to do it.....I spent the whole day making the sims and the lot. Yes I realize it is late....I understand if you dont accept it....I will be participating in BnS challenges from now on anyways. Big fan. They are always a fun challenge :) Anyways....here is my entry...even if you dont accept it at least I can share it with the fellow builders

Hey @Kaile - I was up late, you just snuck in under the wire!!
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top