Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @BuildnShare that challenge poem is an epic piece of creative writing! Bravo! Well done!

I would like to go back to your thoughts regarding the recategorizing.

I’m not sure that the master category is the solution to the established category being so full. I love that you want to honour the true masters in this way! This does not however relate to the huge field that is the established builders. My thoughts are as follows: perhaps you would consider a green hard hat type category meaning everybody starts here for whatever number of builds the judges need to get a sense of the builders consistent output before seeding them. For some builders it might be just one build and then off to the expert category but that would be up to the judges to decide when and where to seed builders. This would leave the starting out category a more consistent field for starting out BnS builders. If builders are seeded rather than suggesting we slot ourselves in it might keep things more orderly and the categories better spaced by avoiding builders defaulting themselves to established.

Thanks for your feedback @JojoMOMSTER ! We did stop letting people self-place several months back, and now the staff review/discuss entries and place them at the level we feel most appropriate. We thought that would even things out a bit, but we still end up placing most new entrants in Established. We just have very few true "Starting Out" builders at this stage of the game. We will take your idea of the "green" entry category under advisement though. Thanks for the suggestion!

As Far as the Sim Challenge - Can one of the Helpers be an Animal ? And - Since I have not done a Sim for any of the Challenges yet, What are the requirements for doing that ? Can they be skilled, Do you need a story with them ?

Thanks,
    Diane Pinkus

I think that's a very creative idea to have one of the family helpers be an animal! Looking forward to what you come up with :)

For the Sim entries you will need to submit a slideshow. Captions/explanations for your pictures are helpful, but a story is not necessary unless you feel like writing more. We do like to see your sims in candid shots as well as seeing some of their different outfits.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • flobobunnyflobobunny Posts: 465 Member
    edited December 2018
    FORUM ID: flobobunny
    ORIGIN ID: flobo82
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/104D0234FC0B11E88C05B573E4FD424D?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=flobo82&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 169,593
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/XVR1EG0
    ENTRY DETAILS: I went for a cosy and comfortable cottage feel for Santa's home, somewhere he can relax and put his feet up with a nice cup of hot chocolate after a busy day at the bustling workshop.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    TWITTER TAG: @flobbie82
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

cNgXQnx.png

Qw91eqs.png
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,222 Member
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #109 - 'Twas the Month of December

FORUM ID: SimTresa
    Origin ID:TresaofPern
    ROOM:
    G
    ALLERY COST: 8,953
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:https://imgur.com/a/WFpK4xn
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    Facebook PROFILE: www.facebook.com/cindy.cherry1

xU6Tqcq.png
    3lrFyeK.png
    image.png
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    So,since this is a Holiday Build- One would think to build with Snow - You are judging our entry's in the snow ? I assume that slideshow Pictures - one would expect snow ? In the instructions- It states something to the fact you would would like No weather involved- But for this Build n Share its an exception?

Sorry for stating the same question in different ways- I am building without snow ( Like in Edit mode ) But when Sim testing my build There Will be snow.. ( I will take Pictures with and with out snow....)

So When putting on the Gallery - You would prefer there be Snow ?

Thank you,
    Diane Pinkus
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @Pinkusfamily i’ve been agonizing about how to craft summer tundra so the no snow pics look ok. I’m glad you asked that question.
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    So,since this is a Holiday Build- One would think to build with Snow - You are judging our entry's in the snow ? I assume that slideshow Pictures - one would expect snow ? In the instructions- It states something to the fact you would would like No weather involved- But for this Build n Share its an exception?

Sorry for stating the same question in different ways- I am building without snow ( Like in Edit mode ) But when Sim testing my build There Will be snow.. ( I will take Pictures with and with out snow....)

So When putting on the Gallery - You would prefer there be Snow ?

Thank you,
    Diane Pinkus

In your slideshow you can have pics with snow, but BnS wants pics without snow, as well. They can't judge the landscaping, if they can't see it. Also some people don't have Seasons, so snow is NOT required.
    Thank you for your comments @gmcrozier & @JojoMOMSTER - But for me the BIG question is - Put on the Gallery - With Snow or With out snow ??
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Thank you for your comments @gmcrozier & @JojoMOMSTER - But for me the BIG question is - Put on the Gallery - With Snow or With out snow ??

That would be your personal preference. BnS only uses the gallery to verify build cost.
    @gmcrozier - there is no limit to what the lot can cost this time.. I thought that at least someone downloaded the lots just to take a look at them to Judge them... With BnS#107 I put the lot on the gallery in the snow- first- then read the rules again - so then I re-uploaded the lot without snow..( since it was my first time participating )- I wanted an honest opinion about my building abilities..I will wait until I gat an answer from @BuildnShare ...

Thank you for your insights,

Diane Pinkus
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    @gmcrozier - there is no limit to what the lot can cost this time.. I thought that at least someone downloaded the lots just to take a look at them to Judge them... With BnS#107 I put the lot on the gallery in the snow- first- then read the rules again - so then I re-uploaded the lot without snow..( since it was my first time participating )- I wanted an honest opinion about my building abilities..I will wait until I gat an answer from @BuildnShare ...

Diane Pinkus

Not to but in where I am not wanted, but if you check the staff on page one, gmcrozier is on that list as a judge for Sims 4. And they do not judge by the gallery--I have only known them to actually download the houses once for routing issues since the houses were tiny. Otherwise, they only look at the pictures you submit. Snow on the gallery is very acceptable. :D I hope this helps!

• momoitomomoito Posts: 43 Member
    edited December 2018
    FORUM ID: Momoito
    ORIGIN ID: ashl1nn
    LEVEL: first entry
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/426DC9AAFD9011E88283B573E4FD424D?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=ashl1nn&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:120,649
    LOT NAME: Garden Essence
    GALLERY COST: 137,774
    TOTAL COST: 258,423
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/3MvnCMt

Santa Manor is the home of Santa Claus along with Mrs. Claus and three of their top elves. The land also features santa's workshop and the stable which houses Santa's Precious reindeer. I built this house picturing gingerbread houses and the typical christmas themes in mind. I feel like santa would always have his house decorated for christmas because in a way it never ends for him or his family.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please (:
    Pictures in a separate post because it wouldn't allow me to post them.
    Post edited by momoito on
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member

Diane Pinkus

Hi, @Pinkusfamily :) As @gmcrozier & @iampes23 shared, the only thing we use your gallery upload for is to verify cost. We judge solely off of the media you submit as we don't feel it fair to require all of our judges to have all EPs and SPs an entrant might have. So, whether you upload with snow or not is 100% up to you and how you want your build to look in the gallery :) If you have Seasons and would like to share mostly snow pics of your build in your entry media, we support that, too. We do always ask that you also include some summer pics so that we can better see architectural and landscaping details that might otherwise be hidden by snow.
    @Pinkusfamily i’ve been agonizing about how to craft summer tundra so the no snow pics look ok. I’m glad you asked that question.

You will not be penalized for pics without snow in this challenge. If you don't have Seasons, you may want to specify that in your entry info. to alert the judges. For the no-snow pics showing your architectural and landscaping details, we don't expect the same landscaping we'd see in a temperate or tropical climate build. We just want to see what lies under the snow. Hope that helps :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • momoitomomoito Posts: 43 Member
    I'm so sorry for the double post for my entry, it wasn't allowing me to post pictures or links in my first one. Here are the photos for the Santa Manor, and here is the link to more pictures: https://imgur.com/a/3MvnCMt

mlq9ly.jpg

2u977ud.jpg

Also, if anyone is interested I did a speedbuild of this home on my channel at: https://youtube.com/watch?v=YRkjqs5i0kg&t=21s

Thanks! c:
    Thank you all for your input.. So- I now understand better, the judging and whole process that is taken here at Build n Share..

I will most likely upload the lotto the Gallery with snow, I will then put pictures ( which I have already started taking )Without snow then with snow-Plus with the Sims I will also be entering.. I always Sim test my lots..

Thank you again everyone for helping me understand how our lots are scrutinized for judging...

Diane Pinkus
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AliciaMaryAnne
    LOT: A Ho Ho Home For Santa
    LOT COST: $3000.00
    LOT NAME: The Lighthouse
    GALLERY COST: $217,277.00
    TOTAL COST: $220,277.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/I2d2s1X
    ENTRY DETAILS: Santa was far to busy preparing for Christmas to be concerned with what kind of build we did, but Mrs. Claus was devastated after the disaster, so we wanted her to feel as comfortable as possible. We decided to build a craftsman style home on a lot designed in a farm fashion. Keeping things as traditional and cozy as possible.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: I used all my own paintings or photographs
    TWITTER TAG:N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    OIEI2gJ.png
    srwJi1f.png
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    HOUSEHOLD: Claus
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/CmNACp6
    ENTRY DETAILS: Mr. and Mrs. Claus are a good couple. They love food and are cheerful despite their current circumstances. Mrs. Claus is very skilled in the kitchen and Mr. Claus has developed excellent social and writing skill over the years. The elves are, creative, cheerful, good, and a little bit goofy. They love to play and have fun together when they are not busy building toys.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    zsUUJ5i.png
    k2NwP2o.png

ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #109 - 'Twas the Month of December[ (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    ROOM: Elf Bunker
    GALLERY COST:$9,975.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/FQkAv9U
    ENTRY DETAILS: The elves insisted on having bunk beds. Santa said; "We don't want another unfortunate incident! There will be absolutely no using the top bunks!" and promptly removed the ladders. Now the elves are not able to use the top bunks, but they don't mind. I figured every elf needs a train set, but unfortunately it was over $5000.00 and not in the budget, so we had to return it to the store (please ignore the trains in the pictures, I didn't have the heart to remove it completely)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    ZjqT5Qe.png
    oPpfjys.png
    edited December 2018
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F312410AFEC911E88ABE77C0F1EC7B3C?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS109&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Kk7qaBz
    ENTRY DETAILS: Kristopher Kringle, aka Santa Claus, is joined by his pretty wife and toddler son and four happy elves!
    Kris is a painter extraordinaire and a muser. He is creative, cheerful, and self-assured. Katrina is a master chef with the essence of flavor in her grasp. She is also cheerful as well as being neat and a foodie. Their son Karter is independent.
    The elves:
    Danny Elfman is an artistic prodigy and music lover. He does delicate clockwork and deals with any music boxes, cds, and other media.
    Geoff Elff is a rambunctious scamp and goofball. He handles all of the sports equipment and outdoor toys.
    Evie Elfette is a whiz kid and a genius. She creates mechanical items and computers, tablets, etc.
    Marta Elfson is a social butterfly and a perfectionist. She handles most of the talking dolls and any shipping concerns.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

UAQqbqn.png
    IsuREog.png
    Post edited by iampes23 on
    edited December 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert - leave blank if this is your first entry and the team will place you in the category you fit best)
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/145DAEB7FECA11E88AFE77C0F1EC7B3C?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS109&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 6,500
    LOT NAME: Willow Creek Umbrage Manor renamed Winter Wonderland
    GALLERY COST: 503,421
    TOTAL COST: $509,921
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/WUskJfT
    ENTRY DETAILS: After the elf disaster of 2018, Santa and crew needed a new house, stables, and workplace as soon as possible! Luckily, I am very good in a time crunch! I found a new lot for Santa not far from the old one, and I set to work building and designing.
    I was given only a few must-haves from Santa's wife, Katrina:
    1. All plumbing must be as modern as possible.
    2. The antique furnishings they had in storage from relatives now gone were to be used.
    3. A large workshop, but also a large fun/entertainment area for those long winter days after Christmas, to relieve the stress of a very hectic season.
    4. A lot of red, which is her favorite color, because she says it cheers even the snowiest or foggiest days. And Kris's favorite color is green, so as much green as possible too!
    And then, what luck! The community pitched in, with donations garlore! There was beds for the elves, and miscellaneous decorations for all the rooms and outside. Baby stuff for Karter, and a new laundry room for all! And things to entertain the dull hours away, such as a bowling alley, disco, and gym! Work benches and storage shelves for Santa's new shop. And everything new!
    I designed my way around all the donated things. A beautiful house emerged, and I was glad. The stables and workshop took more time, just a tad. With five bedrooms, 5 and a half bathrooms, and two locker rooms, the place is immense. But it was definitely time well spent!
    Now Santa's family and reindeer have a new, safer place to stay. Doing all this certainly made my day!
    The lot traits are: home studio, Penny pixies, and homey.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please

ZGA3yJo.png
    9Ax73D2.png
    Post edited by iampes23 on
  • MrsHosniMrsHosni Posts: 108 Member
    Unfortunately I wont have time to enter the house build but I still wanted to share with you guys this room I made for Santas little Helpers. I hope you all have a wonderful christmas time.

ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #109 - 'Twas the Month of December[ (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: MrsHosni
    ORIGIN ID:EESAZ07
    ROOM: Santas little Helper
    GALLERY COST: 9.999,-
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: Santa redecorated one of his Elf rooms. He wanted his helpers to have a space to sleep, be creative and after a long day a nice cozy place in front of the fireplace. - I went with a traditional look and some nice festive decoration pieces.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    1tYLjKK.png
    3XTWXGf.jpg
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL:, Established
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A29F94CDFF5711E880A477C0F1EC7B3C?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=PINKUSFAMILY&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3.000
    LOT NAME: In Windenburg I built on Coorinberg Cottage ( on the gallery i named the lot " 'Twas The Night Before.." )
    GALLERY COST: 305.580
    TOTAL COST: 305,580
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/vtmrQX5
    ENTRY DETAILS: In the month of December Santa asked for my Help..
    I worked hard on his lot , with Stable , Santa's House and Toy shop..
    I made it bigger & better. I made the place Great..
    When It was all done Santa , his wife ,3 helpers and 2 Rain deer stood there agape. They didn't quite comprehend..
    I said again " this one is on the house- oh but I insist "
    .. And this year I was ON the Good List ! Enjoy your Holidays every one !!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please Yes.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:None
    TWITTER TAG:https://twitter.com/DianePink
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/diane.kotpinkus

SPACE FOR PICTURES: DuWhaRXVYAAgUQy.jpg

9lEfeQJ.png

• 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    edited December 2018
    BUILD ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #109 -’Twas the Month of December-

FORUM ID: 13Vader
    ORIGIN ID: 13Vader
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: ⁂★Kringle Enterprises★⁂
    LOT COST: § N/A
    LOT NAME: Forest Hideaway
    GALLERY COST: §  241,145
    TOTAL COST: §  241,145
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: ⁂★Kringle Enterprises★⁂
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Kringles and the Bells have been living for hundreds of years crafting toys for the children in the nice list. The main building is the house, it’s higher than the rest of the buildings and gets the best vista of the wild surroundings. The workshop is on the right and has an office, a space where to chill and the crafting zone. The reindeers have their sheltered and cozy stables too.
    TWITTER TAG: 13Vader_
    TUMBLR LINK: 13Vadersims
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: hn9aw50.pngEhEia1R.png
    Post edited by 13Vader on
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: this is my first entry with BnS in the Sim category ~ So team please place me in the category that fits best..
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/87B3C004FFD411E8873B6995527B6279?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=PINKUSFAMILY&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/hRMG3ti
    ENTRY DETAILS: Chris Kringle and his wife are loosely biased on the 1970's "Santa Clause is Comin to Town" by Raankin:Bass productions. I made the helpers a teen, a child and a toddler. The reindeer are really Greyhound dogs.. I wanted to make the reindeer bigger But could not manipulate the Greatdane as well as I was able to manipulate the greyhound.This BnS109 - Sim CAS Challenge was fun & interesting it challenged me with Making Dogs Reindeer.. I am proud of this creation- I feel for myself I have out done what I usually do in CAS...I have thought myself that- I am a better Builder than I am in CAS- (Yet I was honored with having 2 of my Households become Maxis favorites).. So I guess i am more creative then i think..
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No Cc

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    huzuleg.png

MDSdMbT.png
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #109 -’Twas the Month of December-

FORUM ID: 13Vader
    ORIGIN ID: 13Vader
    LEVEL: Expert
    HOUSEHOLD: ⁂★Kringle-Bells★⁂
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Kringle Bells
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Kringles and the Bells have been working together for hundreds of years in the Kringle Enterprises, crafting all the toys for the children in the nice list. Mochi and Pixel are just regular pets adapted to the North Pole climate.
    TWITTER TAG: 13Vader_
    TUMBLR LINK: 13Vadersims
    6ujf3cL.pngI6Fup9J.png
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Allears
    ORIGIN ID: SassiLassi
    LEVEL: This is only my second challenge. I haven't heard back from the first one yet as to my level, so I leave it up to you. :)
    ROOM: Elf Retreat https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9DBE83F200B611E98C70B573E4FD424D?category=rooms&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=SassiLassi&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: $9,912
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/u3bNTo1
    ENTRY DETAILS: Mr. and Mrs. Claus wanted a nice room, tucked in a quiet corner of the house, where their helpers could get some well-deserved rest. . Building all those toys is a stressful job, so they included some recreation items in the room so their helpers could relax and unwind.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

PICTURES:

aejFvMA.png

IDvDxtN.png
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights