Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 and How to properly maintain your game

I played Sims 2 for a bit just now and thought I'd write up some good game maintenance tips for folks so you can keep your game happy and running.

1) Your game data is found in Documents -> EA Games -> Sims 2 (Sims 2 Ultimate Collection or Super Collection which ever flavor you are running). This contains your saved games, CC, Saved Houses, pictures taken in game.

2) After playing a game and saving (no Error code 12's here!), delete your Groups. cache file. This file has a tendency to become corrupt and the game always generates a new one. It's much like clearing the cache folders in Sims 3.

3) If you have Sim City 4, you can create custom neighborhoods. This was CAW back in the day. I just got Sim City 4 from the Apple Apps Store, but I haven't tried it out to create a new 'hood.

4) If you want to add CC to your game, simply create a new folder and name it "Downloads" (make sure to capitalize the "D") and simply add it to your Sims 2 folder. Your CC will automatically be added to that folder when you use the Package Installer (way easier than the Launcher). And you can add subfolders to this to organize your CC.

5) Sims 2 allows you to add MP3s of your favorite songs to any station. Just make a copy of the file, open your Music folder (found in the Sims 2 folder), find the station you want to add to and put the MP3 in that folder. Ta-da custom music!

6) If you have copies of your old Sims 2 folder and want to add your games back, it's easy. Just move the Neighborhoods folder to your desktop and add your original Neighborhoods folder to your new game folder. I can give more details if folks wish.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. If I think of more things, I'll add them.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.