Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with TS2 University.

lennyvocaloidlennyvocaloid Posts: 161 Member
edited August 2014 in The Sims (2000)
I asked this question a while back A nice simmer came and tried to help me but it didn't work.
When it's an hour before class starts instead of going to class I get this:
baaaaaddddd.png
So I'm at that folder what do I do? Do I delete it or what?
I have boolprop testingcheatsenabled true on
15f317bf-858c-4dcf-80e9-e1281c43ab75.png?t=1408375700
Hey, look it's EA.

Comments

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Try hitting Reset
    :) Smile!

• lennyvocaloidlennyvocaloid Posts: 161 Member
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    Try hitting Reset
    I already did. I won't be able to go to class (or take the final) and keeps popping up everyday
    Hey, look it's EA.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Turn boolprop off shortly before the hour mark. The game knows what to do when it pops up and he should go to class on time.

Have you downloaded any mods or CC since the last time he went to class like he should?
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Turn boolprop off shortly before the hour mark. The game knows what to do when it pops up and he should go to class on time.

Have you downloaded any mods or CC since the last time he went to class like he should?
    I turned it off, it didn't work.
    I moved them to to new dorm and it still didn't work.
    With it off I don't get the error message, but class performance goes down.
    I only have skysim cc hair and a few sim outfits. I have a driveway mod and school mod for grades.
    Hey, look it's EA.
    Does it happen to all other Sims or just this one?
    edited August 2014
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Does it happen to all other Sims or just this one?
    It's happening to my household (2 sims). I haven't played with other households.
    The other sims in my dorm seem to have no problem going to class
    Sorry for late reply
    EDIT: Okay I played the frat brothers in Sim State U and none of them went to class or had the option to.
    Post edited by lennyvocaloid on
    Hey, look it's EA.
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    This has happened to me before and I'm not computer savy so I don't have a fix. With that error you can't really play so I take as the family's unplayable and basically lost so you have to start over...I'll try looking around to see if I can find something that'll help but I'm pretty sure that family is no longer playable :(
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    This has happened to me before and I'm not computer savy so I don't have a fix. With that error you can't really play so I take as the family's unplayable and basically lost so you have to start over...I'll try looking around to see if I can find something that'll help but I'm pretty sure that family is no longer playable :(
    Well in the comment above I played with an other household and it didn't work.
    The two sims came from two different household and their families worked just fine out of the Uni (except one family, the mail lady always got stuck for some reason)
    I played a whole new town with two different sims in a different Uni and it still didn't work.
    Hey, look it's EA.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Did you open the txt file in the error log to see what that says?
    Alright. Rename your Sims 2 folder to something else. Just add like a 2 to it or original or something. Load up the game, it will generate a brand new Sims 2 folder. Then load up any neighborhood and add a University, go there and see if it happens again.

If it happens, it's your installation files that have gotten corrupt and you'll need to reinstall or use the origin Repair Game feature if it's on Origin.

If it doesn't happen, it's something in your Sims 2 folder that you renamed. I would put money on one of the mods since it's affecting everyone at college. Delete the testing folder, rename the folder back, and remove the mods. Load up the game and see if it happens again. Make sure you read the documentation on the mods to make sure you remove them properly. If it does, it's a mod. Put them back in one at a time and see what happens.

If that doesn't work, download Pescado's FFS Lot Debugger. It can be found here. Make a back up of your neighborhood just in case and then see if anything in that works. The items in the Nuke and Fix category should be the helpful ones. Not very confident on this one working since it's affecting new Sims as well, but it doesn't hurt to try everything before giving up on a neighborhood.