Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Good laptop for running The Sims 4?

Comments

• chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Let me guess that this laptop won't work
    h.t.t.p://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-17z---touch-option-available-1ex13av-1
    Sorry No :(
    The card is just way too weak. as is the cpu
    A desktop might be able to save you some $$ but still be above your budget. Laptops are more expensive then desktops.
    The game is classified as a demanding game, it's going to need ALLOT more power then a facebook/web browser game.. the laptops you are looking at are only good for those types of games.
    I really wish i could suggest something, but there is nothing within your budget, sorry :(

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• imaginarycowplantimaginarycowplant Posts: 220 Member
    @chesterbigbird
    it's okay, I wish I could get a desktop, but I need to take it to school. It's just really confusing as my desktop worked but didn't meet all of the criteria then I downloaded Parenthood and it stopped and I had downloaded packs before. I'm hoping to save up $250 extra to add to my budget so I can pay for the cheapest HP Omen.
    @chesterbigbird
    it's okay, I wish I could get a desktop, but I need to take it to school. It's just really confusing as my desktop worked but didn't meet all of the criteria then I downloaded Parenthood and it stopped and I had downloaded packs before. I'm hoping to save up $250 extra to add to my budget so I can pay for the cheapest HP Omen.

Some packs are just enough to make the game stop working on lower end machines.
    We have seen it happen MANY times before.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited December 2017
    Let me guess that this laptop won't work
    h.t.t.p://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-17z---touch-option-available-1ex13av-1

Why don't you just use your current laptop for school and get a desktop for gaming at home. It might be cheaper for you to get a desktop @chesterbigbird might be able to find you a desktop cheaper

as others have mentioned to you in another thread, gaming laptops are heavier and their battery life does not last long. Average about 4 hours. They are really not good to have to lug back and forth to school.
    @phoebebebe13
    I actually don't have another laptop but my brother said that he's found one that isn't too heavy but can run the game so I should be okay
    @phoebebebe13
    I actually don't have another laptop but my brother said that he's found one that isn't too heavy but can run the game so I should be okay

What one is it?
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

@chesterbigbird
    he said I can't know and it's going to be a suprise :I
  • JustMat82JustMat82 Posts: 1 New Member
    Could someone help me with a query if possible (I'm new so I can't create my own post) my daughter has asked for a laptop for Christmas and she'll want Sims 4 at some point.

Would either of the below two run Sims 4?

LENOVO IDEAPAD 320 15.6 IN AMD A6 4GB 1TB

CPU, Memory and Operating System:

AMD A6 AMD a6-9220 dual core processor.
    2.5GHz processor speed.
    4GB RAM.
    1TB HDD storage.
    Microsoft Windows 10.
    Display features:

15.6 inch screen.
    High definition display.
    Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels.
    Graphics:

Integrated graphicsintegrated AMD radeon r4 graphics card.
    Shared graphics card.

LENOVO IDEAPAD 320 15.6 IN AMD A9 4GB 1TB

AMD A9 AMD A9-9420 dual core processor.
    3GHz processor speed.
    4GB RAM.
    1TB HDD storage.
    Microsoft Windows 10.
    Display features:

15.6 inch screen.
    High definition display.
    Graphics:

AMD Radeon R4Integrated AMD Radeon R4 graphics card.
    Shared graphics card.
    Interfaces and connectivity:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm a dad thats not on the ball with laptops.

Funds are capped around £320

Thanks in advance

JustMat82
    JustMat82 wrote: »
    Could someone help me with a query if possible (I'm new so I can't create my own post) my daughter has asked for a laptop for Christmas and she'll want Sims 4 at some point.

Would either of the below two run Sims 4?

LENOVO IDEAPAD 320 15.6 IN AMD A6 4GB 1TB

AMD A6 AMD a6-9220 dual core processor.
    2.5GHz processor speed.
    4GB RAM.
    1TB HDD storage.
    Microsoft Windows 10.
    Display features:

15.6 inch screen.
    High definition display.
    Graphics:

Integrated graphicsintegrated AMD radeon r4 graphics card.
    Shared graphics card.

LENOVO IDEAPAD 320 15.6 IN AMD A9 4GB 1TB

AMD A9 AMD A9-9420 dual core processor.
    3GHz processor speed.
    4GB RAM.
    1TB HDD storage.
    Microsoft Windows 10.
    Display features:

15.6 inch screen.
    High definition display.
    Graphics:

AMD Radeon R4Integrated AMD Radeon R4 graphics card.
    Shared graphics card.
    Interfaces and connectivity:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm a dad thats not on the ball with laptops.

Funds are capped around £320

Thanks in advance

JustMat82

This is way below requirements to run the game. A 350 pound budget would not be enough for any computer that will run this game. Your looking at around 800 pounds or more for a laptop or a whole desktop setup with monitor and keyboard
  • EricaMarreeEricaMarree Posts: 5 New Member
    So in a few wks to next month I'm getting a gaming laptop but I'm trying to figure out which is the best and I'm looking for one that cost about 1,000 or less... Can someone please give me some ideas? Thanks...
    So in a few wks to next month I'm getting a gaming laptop but I'm trying to figure out which is the best and I'm looking for one that cost about 1,000 or less... Can someone please give me some ideas? Thanks...

Custom where you pick out your own hardware is always best. That can only be done when your ready to buy. Looking at previous posts, we advised you ask when you have the money in your hand and your ready to buy. What is available now might not be available in two weeks or a month. Prices change. You may get a better deal in two weeks to a month.

What is needed should you choose to look on your own

Video card Nvidia GTX 960m, 970m, 1050, 1050 ti, 1060

Processor intel i5 or i7 quad core processor . These processors will end in HQ or MQ after the series number

8gb ram

at least 500 gb hard drive space or more

windows 64 bit
  • meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    Hi! I am on a fairly tight budget but looking for a laptop/desktop (whichever's cheaper) that meets recommended specifications for the Sims 4.

I have been looking for a while but the computers within my price range are at minimum specs, which is fine I guess, but I'd like to play it at medium-high graphics and possibly some cc, without game breaking lag and long loading screens.

So, if anyone has advice for what/where I should be looking I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm located in Sweden btw and would prefer a computer that costs under 650 usd.
    Prices vary in different countries so you can't compare USD to Sweden prices. USA has far more options for gaming computers than most countries and far cheaper prices than most countries.

Minimum requirements are for base game only. To survive all this game's add ons eps, packs, gp's etc you need a computer that meets the recommended requirements.

@WiggleyTuff is in Sweden and can tell you what the prices are for computers that meet requirements there
  • SimplyRoyalSimplyRoyal Posts: 174 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hello :blush: so recently i've been looking for a laptop that I can use for basic usage & school work but something I can also use to play the Sims 4 (w/ some ep's, sp's & lots of cc) on. Also I wont be using the laptop for any other games except The Sims 4 and maybe The Sims 3. I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for what laptop I should get :)

If you're wondering why I don't just get a desktop, it's because I travel & move around a lot so it would be easier and more efficient for me to just use a laptop.

And my budget is $1,300 max. :smile:
    Post edited by SimplyRoyal on
    ❀ ✿A best friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find, lucky to have.❀ ✿
    <3
    Hello :blush: so recently i've been looking for a laptop that I can use for basic usage & school work but something I can also use to play the Sims 4 (w/ some ep's, sp's & lots of cc) on. Also I wont be using the laptop for any other games except The Sims 4 and maybe The Sims 3. I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for what laptop I should get :)

If you're wondering why I don't just get a desktop, it's because I travel & move around a lot so it would be easier and more efficient for me to just use a laptop.

I'm guessing your in the US?
    Does the laptop need to be ultra portable? (light weight?)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

Hi! I've been looking for a good laptop to play the sims 4 and maybe 3 on, and I found one laptop. If you have any other laptop suggestions please tell me know :)

Heres the laptop I found:

Razer Blade Stealth
    Quad-core Intel Core i7-8550U
    256GB Storage
    16GB Memory

Heres the link: https://razer.com/gaming-laptops/razer-blade-stealth?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Keywords&utm_content=886&utm_campaign=Blade%20Stealth_Keywords_Brand&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqYy9l8_y2wIVA3ZeCh1StQYjEAAYASAAEgI-iPD_BwE
    <3
    Hi! I've been looking for a good laptop to play the sims 4 and maybe 3 on, and I found one laptop. If you have any other laptop suggestions please tell me know :)

Heres the laptop I found:

Razer Blade Stealth
    Quad-core Intel Core i7-8550U
    256GB Storage
    16GB Memory

Heres the link: https://razer.com/gaming-laptops/razer-blade-stealth?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Keywords&utm_content=886&utm_campaign=Blade%20Stealth_Keywords_Brand&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqYy9l8_y2wIVA3ZeCh1StQYjEAAYASAAEgI-iPD_BwE

I did post in your other thread.
    That laptop will be no good. you will run out of space very quickly.
    Razor laptops a re generally much more expensive because you are paying for the brand name.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

This would be good but need to install the game on the HDD and not the SSD (easy to do)
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154817 (much better then your Razor)

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

Hi :) so i've been looking for a laptop I can use to play the Sims 4 and possibly The Sims 3 too. I'll be using some ep's, gp's and sp's and lots of cc + mods (In the Sims 4). I've found 2 laptops that will maybe work good w/ The Sims. :) would one of you mind sharing your opinion on them? I will only be using the laptop for playing only the sims and no other games :)

The first laptop is The ASUS M580VD-EB76 VivoBook (15)
    Intel 7th Generation Core i7-7700HQ (2.8-3.8GHz) Quad Core Processor,
    256GB SSD (or maybe the 512gb ssd instead)
    1TB HDD
    Link: https://asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-Pro-15-N580VD/specifications/

The second is The Razer Blade Stealth
    Quad-Core 8th generation Intel Core i7-8550U Processor
    256GB Storage (again might get 512gb instead)
    16GB Ram
    Link: https://razer.com/gaming-laptops/razer-blade-stealth?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Keywords&utm_content=886&utm_campaign=Blade%20Stealth_Keywords_Brand&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1p3XkZ3z2wIVgsDACh1n9w7JEAAYASAAEgIJ6fD_BwE

<3

I'm guessing your in the US?
    Does the laptop need to be ultra portable? (light weight?)

Yeah, it would be great if the laptop was pretty light weight.
    And yes i'm in the U.S :blush:

Thanks for the suggesting the MSI laptop! That is way better then the Razer haha :) thanks!
    <3
    Your other option is to go with a custom at cyberpowerpc
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1KNU95
    It's got a bigger SSD and is most likely lighter and thinner then the MSI
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

@chesterbigbird can you help this person in Sweden ? Thanks!
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    For some reason i didnt get a notification of you tagging me:P but 650 dollars is roughly 5700SEK which isnt enough to get a laptop nor a desktop thatll be able to able to run the game smoothly. However ill look more into it and see if i can find one.

Feel free to msg me~
    @chesterbigbird can you help this person in Sweden ? Thanks!

Will see what i can do tomorrow.. not looking good given what @WiggleyTuff said above.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• BeachMamaBeachMama Posts: 4 New Member
    I’m looking for laptop recommendations. I want to be able to play The Sims 4 and possibly the Sims 3 if I can find my discs since moving. I am in the US, and would probably prefer to buy at Best Buy because I want to take it home that day and pay cash. I would like to stay under $1,000, and would really like less than that if at all possible. The only other thing I would use a laptop for would be for my Cricut Maker. So extra space for downloading fonts and such would be nice too.