Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teens should be at least 1 foot shorter...

I think its pretty bad that Teens and Adults are exactly the same shape and size. Seriously?
How hard is it to make them at least 1 foot shorter from the start? I remember in The Sims 2 there was a cheat you could use to change sims height (Stretch Skeleton) and in The Sims 3 you could use mods to change sizes. Why isn't there a height slider yet?

Comments

• Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Every time I think about the teens height in TS4 I think about Glee's Dakota Stanley yelling at Finn "My problem is your freakishly tall! i feel like a woodland creature!!"
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    edited August 2014
    Residentevilob,

I agree, unfortunately its too late for EA to change this, unless they delay the game, and they're not going to do that. I personally couldn't understand why more people aren't upset about this, but I guess its not as big a deal to most people as the fact that the game will be missing toddlers and pools when it launches. They won't be able to change the height of the teenagers and make them shorter after the game is out through, which is unfortunate. Its going to be really hard to tell teens and young adults apart now.
    Post edited by Damienf519 on
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited August 2014
    Of all the things that are wrong with the game, to me, this is a more minor one, but it is still a big deal since it just shows how rushed the game is. They did not decide to make teens the same height as ya/a/elder for realism or anything else, it's just because teens were obviously not part of their original online concept, and they have now been rushed and halfbutted in.
  • balthasaur28000balthasaur28000 Posts: 175 Member
    Maybe they are hoping the modding community will step in and do it for them. But yes, I agree that teens need to be shorter, even though in Real life some teens are taller than adults. heck, some children can be as tall or taller than adults.
  • GummiBearxGummiBearx Posts: 317 Member
    This is actually one of the things that is bugging me most. I want to differentiate teens from adults, besides the teen's "youthful pudge" or whatever they call it.
    2m2dkr9.jpg
  • residentevilobresidentevilob Posts: 141 Member
    Why is it so hard to make their bodies different sized? :P Even if just a day 1 patch.
    edited August 2014
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    Of all the things that are wrong with the game, to me, this is a more minor one, but it is still a big deal since it just shows how rushed the game is. They did not decide to make teens the same height as ya/a/elder for realism or anything else, it's just because teens were obviously not part of their original online concept, and they have now been rushed and halfbutted in.

Its not a matter of it showing how rushed the game is for me. The biggest problem is that its going to be really hard to tell who's a teen and who's a young adult now. I'd also like the teens to be shorter just for aesthetic reasons.
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    In game play demo's, teens to me really do look like teens as far as facial features. But I agree, a height change would be nice
    OJGRGDT.gif
    Maybe they are hoping the modding community will step in and do it for them. But yes, I agree that teens need to be shorter, even though in Real life some teens are taller than adults. heck, some children can be as tall or taller than adults.

Problem is, people like me don't feel comfortable with mods, plus the animations where they interact with other age groups probably won't look right, if modders change the height for teenagers in the game, unless they can redo all the animations teens and when different age groups interact with them. But we won't be even just talking about the base game, but the entire Sims 4, including all the expansion packs and store content.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    There should be a height slider. Even the most rudimentary MMORPG's have them. And I want to make Peter Dinklage.
    Damienf519 wrote: »

Its not a matter of it show how rushed the game is for me. The biggest problem is that its going to be really hard to tell who's a teen and who's a young adult now. I'd also like the teens to be shorter just for aesthetic reasons.

I agree with you. It's going to be really difficult in game to tell teens apart from the other ages. There is no legitimate excuse for this. I'm just saying, there is SO much removed and butchered content that will affect how we are able to play the game, so to me, teen height isn't one of my MAJOR disappointments.
  • lady8janelady8jane Posts: 350 Member
    I was done growing when I was 13. I have no problem with this at all. (But then, I'm rather short. :D )
  • Top_Girl2345Top_Girl2345 Posts: 111 New Member
    Why is it so hard to make their bodies different sized? :P Even if just a day 1 patch.

I read somewhere that if teens were a different height, it would require a different set of animations, clothes, etc. I guess they just ran out of time, and gave teens the same height. Not the best move, but it's better than having no teen life stage. :\

Its not a matter of it show how rushed the game is for me. The biggest problem is that its going to be really hard to tell who's a teen and who's a young adult now. I'd also like the teens to be shorter just for aesthetic reasons.

I agree with you. It's going to be really difficult in game to tell teens apart from the other ages. There is no legitimate excuse for this. I'm just saying, there is SO much removed and butchered content that will affect how we are able to play the game, so to me, teen height isn't one of my MAJOR disappointments.

It personally feels like they took a game originally developed FOR CONSOLES and are trying to pass it off as a main PC game. Seriously, The Sims 3 on PS3 probably has more features than this game. Dang, even Bustin Out probably has more features.
  • skittlejgskittlejg Posts: 155 Member

Completely true. I agree it's not a big deal, but I'd rather have them be at least a little shorter.
    lady8jane wrote: »
    I was done growing when I was 13. I have no problem with this at all. (But then, I'm rather short. :D )

The thing is, they didn't allow for varying heights among sims which would make it fine in the game world for teens to be the same height as other age stages because everyone's height would vary. They way they have always had it set up and the way they are continuing is that each age stage has it's own height so therefor teens should have their own height. The only reason they are not shorter is because of rushing, and that will certainly show through in all areas of gameplay.

I read somewhere that if teens were a different height, it would require a different set of animations, clothes, etc. I guess they just ran out of time, and gave teens the same height. Not the best move, but it's better than having no teen life stage. :\

They need to do something. Even if they don't have more time, they can try to delay it by a month. Are they really going to risk releasing this game to bad sales and low reviews?

I think EA said they wanted to include more content, and that's the reason why they didn't make them shorter. Still, if it would have taken a couple extra months it would have been worth it to me, just so they wouldn't have been the same height as every other age group in the game besides babies and children.
  • panapopspanapops Posts: 429 Member

Then they probably should have hired more people to take on the extra work and get it done on time. Given how much the series is making for them, it would be a worthwhile investment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited August 2014
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    There should be a height slider. Even the most rudimentary MMORPG's have them. And I want to make Peter Dinklage.

The Sims 4 is far more elaborate than your typical RPG, and it will have far more animations, so its too difficult with current technology for them to do that and make all the animations look good.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that adding a height slider wouldn't solve the problem of how much more difficult its going to be to tell them apart now that teens are going to be the same size as adults. It would just make things more difficult for EA.
  • FwooshyFwooshy Posts: 1 New Member
    Funny, in high school, I was my adult height, I think the game is more realistic this way. And I consider young adults 18 and older
  • NoahreddenNoahredden Posts: 1,076 Member
    When i was 13 i was 6 feet tall. I like that the teens are taller. More realistic.
  • lady8janelady8jane Posts: 350 Member
    edited August 2014
    lady8jane wrote: »

The thing is, they didn't allow for varying heights among sims which would make it fine in the game world for teens to be the same height as other age stages because everyone's height would vary. They way they have always had it set up and the way they are continuing is that each age stage has it's own height so therefor teens should have their own height. The only reason they are not shorter is because of rushing, and that will certainly show through in all areas of gameplay.

This makes me wonder. Does anyone of you know a single player game that lets you change your height? I know a few MMO's but single player games won't come to mind ...
  • MoonShadowMoonShadow Posts: 129 Member

Yeah, this is my problem as well. I don't want my adult sim to accidentally flirt with a teenager, that's a tad too creepy.
    You can call me Sanne if you like. I really dislike my username.
    Origin ID: CrazyCuddle