Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modding Question

KektiKekti Posts: 5 New Member
so I've been using the sm4pe tool and CASRecolor for making custom shirts, they've all worked perfectly! HOWEVER I have run into a major issue.... every time I try to create a modded girls tank top, specifcally yf_tanktop_pink and I follow the same step I use when making guys shirts, whenever I load the game and even just hover over the slot where it is the game will crash... anyone have any idea as to what might be causing this issue?

Comments

• granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    Kekti,
    That is a known issue with the CASRecolor tool. :smile:.

I've been working (on weekends only, unfortunately) to find out what is causing it. Have you tried the updated version of CASRecolor now renamed as Color Magic?

I know that I have been successful in creating new tops where I replace the bitmap swatch with a custom one.

By the way, you can always get tech support for my utilities at http://sims4.the-prof.net/?forum=sims-4-modding.

--Grant
    Grant (granthes)
    Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things
  • KektiKekti Posts: 5 New Member
    Yes, sorry I am using Color Magic. Thanks for the quick response! I love the tool makes things super easy!
  • mattyshadymattyshady Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I have been having this issue and I am using the newest version of ColorMagic 0.12 with s4pe and PS. I had already made a custom T but the second one will not work. It does the hover crash. Even if I remove the first piece of CC I made it still crashes.
  • granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    @kekti and @mattshady
    I will be working on Color Magic again this weekend. I also get random crashes both with and without the DDS swatch. It is basically a matter of changing one thing at a time and trying to see if it crashes the demo so it is a tedious process.

But... Don't give up hope. It has only been 3 weeks since I started working on this, and I only have about 10 hours a week so it is going kinda slowly. :smile:

--Grant
    Grant (granthes)
    Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things
  • KektiKekti Posts: 5 New Member
    @granthes I think what you're doing is awesome and the tank has been the only issue I've had thus far, T-shirts and dress seem to be fine... I love the tool and you've done a great job on so far I mean especially considering the game isn't even out yet, it's just a demo and before last night I had never even attempted modding before and now I love it.
  • mattyshadymattyshady Posts: 14 New Member
    I also appreciate all of your work considering I dont know how to write applications like that but I can certainly create content when the tools do work correctly :) also @kekti the t-shirts do not always work as I just posted about that ;)
  • SimKureeSimKuree Posts: 39 Member
    granthes wrote: »
    @kekti and @mattshady
    I will be working on Color Magic again this weekend. I also get random crashes both with and without the DDS swatch. It is basically a matter of changing one thing at a time and trying to see if it crashes the demo so it is a tedious process.

But... Don't give up hope. It has only been 3 weeks since I started working on this, and I only have about 10 hours a week so it is going kinda slowly. :smile:

--Grant

Guess I joined the party very late. I'll update the CASP wrapper tonight so people can experiment with it.
    You can find my S4PE here.