Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wallin's World of Sims

Comments

• Options
    fozzybear98fozzybear98 Posts: 110 Member
    Wallin wrote: »
    Catching up on posts now that I have a couple of minutes free. (Hurray for the weekend!) ;)

@fozzybear98 - Thanks, I will definitely try to make Darwin again, probably when the game launches. I did manage to get some time in this morning to work on Ian for you. I think he's pretty much done, but like I mentioned to Donleon, I don't have a lot of time so I don't want to rush uploading him yet. I'll take a closer look at him later to see if there are any other changes I want to make, and unfortunately I don't care for this particular hairstyle (shows too much forehead, I reallllly hope we get more on launch) but here's what I have so far:

0SIsZto.jpg

He looks good. I don't like the hair they have for the guys either. They (the guys) always get left out of the good stuff. I think that's why it makes it hard to create good looking male Sims. I'll miss all those purchased (and CC'd) items from The Sims 3, but it won't take long for the gifted CC creators to get stuff out there for us. I love all your Sims Wallin.
    Have a fun weekend!
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited August 2014
    I haven't quite gotten Ian done yet, but there are now seven new Sims to the roster - Aquaria, Catherine, Kyle, Wendy, Bernard, Olivia, and Landon.

T3WCuBk.jpg

On Wednesday evening I should be uploading a basic Sims CAS face tutorial. I emphasize basic because all of the experienced creators probably already know about how everything works and can skip watching it, so I was almost not going to record it at all, but some of the newer members might learn something useful. I know I found the CAS to be overwhelming and intimidating at first, and I didn't even realize that you could make the head thinner until I started preparing to record it. I'll be talking about things such as in the charts listed below that I mentioned in another thread, but covering all parts of the face rather than just the nose:

FRQ8Vx0.jpg wCgzw1v.jpg SHV7tvc.jpg

Again, very basic stuff. Not everyone will get something out of it, but I hope that others will.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I will look forward to reading your CAS face tutorial :) Thankyou very much for your helpfulness and kindness in providing what will be a great resource for simmers when creating sims. Each of your new sims that you have created and added to the roster look great! They are a nice variety of different sims.
    Thankyou again for your willingness to help other simmers. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    And the video is up!

xJ4vHv7.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3Ti3FbIsvI

I want to emphasize that this is a very basic tutorial meant mostly for beginners. This lesson covers the "sliders" on all 11 parts of the face - the face itself, the forehead, the brows, the eyes, the nose, the mouth, the cheek bones, the cheeks, the jaw, the chin, and the ears. If you are just starting out, or maybe you feel completely lost and overwhelmed as much as I did when I began, this is perfect for you. This episode doesn't actually show me making a Sim.

If you're already making Sims left and right that you're happy with, there's a very good chance you won't learn anything new. Do you know how to change the width of the entire face, how to move the eyes independently of the brows, and how the defaults affect the minimum and maximum sizes you can stretch parts? If so, skip this one. (My channel doesn't get me any money since it's ad-free - I hate ads - so I'm not looking for clicks here.)

Any feedback or suggestions are encouraged! (I also haven't recorded a video with voice overs for a few months now, so I apologize for any nervousness. :#) Enjoy!
    Post edited by Wallin on
  • Options
    Your CAS face video tutorial is great! :) It is very helpful and informative! It will help many simmers as they create their sims. You have shown and explained how to change and shape the different areas of the face very well, and great information about presets. Thankyou for producing and providing this very helpful tutorial :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @fozzybear98 Sorry for the delay! I uploaded Ian to the Gallery tonight. The description has a hash tag with your username and mine for quick reference.

r4jvVeu.jpg

Pei2Bgz.jpg

2EGKiUr.jpg
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    @Wallin Good on you for creating a method for newer simmers to learn the new system. And I'm certainly liking the newer additions to the World of Sims here!
  • Options
    Your simversion of Ian reflects him very well! :) It looks great how you have done his eyes and eyebrows! He is a great sim!
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    THANK YOU sooo much Wallin!!! :) Your awesome tutorial is extremely helpful! It has opened my eyes to the many possibilities of changing sims faces. I'm very eager to try and put into practice what I've learnt from you so far ... Your latest sims turned out fabulous again by the way! :)
  • Options
    AvianatorAvianator Posts: 188 Member
    Wow...I didn't feel like I was needing this but still was interested and took a look.
    You made a great and very helpful basic tutorial.
    I'm actually impressed by your efforts to help other people and I really appreciate the time and work you put into this.
    You are an enrichment to this forum!

And I have to say this:
    I like your pleasing voice. ;)
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for the feedback, everyone! I'm glad to hear it was helpful, and didn't put anyone to sleep, LOL! I hope to make another one soon, before or during the weekend.

@Avianator - No matter how many times I hear myself talk on recordings, my voice still sounds weird to me since I perceive it differently normally, so thank you ;)
  • Options
    fozzybear98fozzybear98 Posts: 110 Member
    Wallin wrote: »
    @fozzybear98 Sorry for the delay! I uploaded Ian to the Gallery tonight. The description has a hash tag with your username and mine for quick reference.

r4jvVeu.jpg

Pei2Bgz.jpg

2EGKiUr.jpg

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
  • Options
    MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    @Wallin that tutorial is going to be super helpful to people. Thank you for sharing it!
    My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny
  • Options
    whoppi40whoppi40 Posts: 109 Member
    edited August 2014
    I would love to get Bernard Louver (#45) uploaded to the gallery. I realy like him and think he would be a perfect sim in my game for some of my lady sims.. :D All of your sims looks very great.....
  • Options
    @whoopi40 No problem! I was working on his other outfits last night, so it shouldn't be too long. :)

Also as an update to everyone, I got a new computer recently, but I have to transfer the hard drive in my current system over to the new one. It'll likely require me to wipe the drive and reinstall Windows. I know that it should theoretically work to copy the demo folder, but just in case it for some reason doesn't work, I plan to upload all of my Sims on the Gallery today first. So they should all be up probably within the next few hours (photos of each outfit will probably come later).
  • Options
    It is great that you have got a new computer. :) I hope that the transferring of your hard drive into your new computer goes well. It is great that you are uploading all your sims onto the gallery.
  • Options
    JimedJimed Posts: 692 Member
    @Wallin
    I really love that tutorial you added. I love watching other Simmers create sims!
  • Options
    @whoppi40 - And Bernard is on the Gallery now. We're so close to being able to play him!

@Jimed - Thanks for watching it, I hope to make another tomorrow!

@rosemow - I must thank you for all of the wonderful, positive words you always have for me, and everyone else on the forum! You are so beloved, and everyone I know only says the kindest things about how sweet and devoted you are. I'd love to give you a virtual hug :)

I've added two new Sims to the roster, Claire and Margaret. As of now, every Sim I've shown in this thread has been uploaded to the Gallery.

A huge thanks to everyone for your support both here and on the Gallery. Lots more to come before the launch. ~50 hours to go!!!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Hello David!! I've not been around much and just found your thread. Awesome sims and you have been hard at work creating soooo many pretty ones. I'm looking forward to seeing a new Darwin! I adored your Aaron Clark. <3 He was boyfriend/husband to many of my Rebecca/Bekka's sims. I hope you create him someday. He has a special place in my heart. I won't be going to Sims4 right away. I have so many things I want to do in Sims3 since I didn't start it until 2 years ago and hopefully by the time I start 4 all the bugs will be gone. :o I'll be on forums off and on so will keep up with whats going on I hope. Bookmarked your thread so I can keep up with your creations. Have fun and am hoping to see some dances some day!!! :D
  • Options
    @bekkasan - Hi Sandi! Great to see you :) I'll definitely make a note of that, and work on recreating Aaron for you. I should be doing some livestreaming if you want to see what you are/aren't missing out on. ;)
  • Options
    David!! Hugs!! Thanks so much for working on Aaron....good incentive for me to buy eventually. :smiley: I will look forward to your live streaming and see what you think of the new game. I lost all of my Firefox bookmarks when my hard drive crashed and I had warning with that stupid click sound to save and did save all my Sim stuff on external, but, didn't think about Firefox bookmarks. But, I found your site and a few others, slowly recreating what I had.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    So I had a busy day, and a terrible, terrible time trying to recreate Darwin yesterday (I could just not get the eyes to work... I'll give another try after launch). We're less than an hour away!!!

Also, I've changed my Origin username to WallinGaming to match my YouTube channel name. I may also start livestreaming at some point.
    Post edited by Wallin on
  • Options
    hmm, does live streaming mean I can't see it when I get home from work if you are done streaming? Or does live streaming save so it can be looked at later? Sorry for stupid question, but, I don't do that stuff, so don't have a clue. :wink: Hope you have fun with the game!! I looked at some forums last night and had to bite my tongue...er bite my fingers I guess, so I wouldn't type too much to get involved trying to referee arguing. Good think I am not a moderator. Would throw out a bunch just for fun!
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    Guy's he's totally streaming right now
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Edit: The livestreaming is kind of being a pain right now. I still have a few things to work on with it before I do anymore.
    Post edited by Wallin on