Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I guess my obvious question is where is the exchange and the store for this forum?

Or do we have to visit the old forum for the exchange and store?

Comments

• MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    edited August 2014
    We have to continue to use the old site for it. It was suggested that this site is incomplete as well as leaked so it is possible that they will introduce them at a later date though I wouldn't think so since this is more of a Sims 4 site then Sims 3 but it is possible.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    I was just wondering the same thing. I hope they'll reinstate the old forums there as well if that's where we are going to have to go in order to keep using the Exchange there to share our TS3 creations.
    Oh those dirty dogs! I just popped over to the old forums and yep...they are "no longer open to posting." So to chat we're all forced over here and will have to go back and forth between this site and that one. Creepy freaking EA! :(
    edited August 2014
    They would not have 2 forums open at the same time. Unless it was continuously syncing because the comments wouldn't be the same you would have to bounce back and forth to check both threads on each site to see who posted because there is those not transferring over so they refuse to post here. It would be a huge pain in the backside. I just hope they do a complete transfer or at least the friends list if they add that feature the only thing I would imagine them not transferring over is the store due to the fact they will no longer be using sim points with sims 4
    It's just going to make it harder to share our creations though, which is really the part that bothers me. :neutral_face:
    Yes and no. Most people tend to just post a link their creations. That won't change. Now if some one is asking if someone has xy or z to say "I have some check my studio." without the link it can make things more difficult. Even if they don't move the exchange/studio over if they add an about me that will be helpful you can just put your studio link there. I have this profile link in my sims 3 about me.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Hopefully at some point this will all be synched up or at least there will be a link to an exchange and store here. It seems kind of messy to me - hoping it is indeed a work in progress.
    -
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    I hope you're right Jcp011c2, would be great if we had a link at the top of the page for the exchange and store, the way it is seems really messy. But I'm also afraid they may have no intentions of doing that and will drop the store with little warning. I'm getting anything I want off the exchange now rather than put it off for later.
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    I will hope they somehow "attach" the exchange to this site. It's kind of a pain in the behind having both open. I will do it as long as I have to though.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    I agree Tiki, I don't understand why they haven't already done that unless they're planning to do it over the next few weeks. It seems stupid that we cannot access our Sims 3 content (both the Store and the Exchange) via the new forums
  • mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    Majestyk wrote: »
    Yes and no. Most people tend to just post a link their creations. That won't change. Now if some one is asking if someone has xy or z to say "I have some check my studio." without the link it can make things more difficult. Even if they don't move the exchange/studio over if they add an about me that will be helpful you can just put your studio link there. I have this profile link in my sims 3 about me.

The bookmark update notifications should make it easier for creators who maintain showcase threads, at least - everyone who follows will get a notification of new posts so you can check if it's a new lot or sim or whatever up for download.