Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Granthes's Color Magic: Tool for creating recolors in the TS4 demo

2...Next

Comments

• Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ashkevron wrote: »
    just not sure I could ever really trust it not to mess up the game.

@Ashkevron, it's just a matter of educating yourself. You can crowd-source the information you need -- the community will tell you which creators are reliable and high-quality and which aren't. Download items that have been rated, or ask. If you're still worried, stick to a moderated site like ModTheSims, and make sure to read the comments before downloading.

Or REALLY educate yourself and learn about how mods work, what kind of mods are likely to cause problems, how to screen for problems by looking inside the packages, and how to deal with any that still get by ;)

I don't have too much sympathy for folks who go "oooh pretty" at a couple of highly photoshopped images, download from some random on the web, and are surprised at what they get :p You wouldn't shop for real clothes that way, let alone a house or mate ;) (I HOPE!)
  • MadameButterflyMadameButterfly Posts: 116 Member
    I am trying to make a non-default of the Flutter dress with custom swatch, but for some reason it keeps crashing the demo. As a test, I tried taking the file created by Color Magic straight into the demo without doing any edits to it at all, and it crashes when I try to select that item to wear.

Any pointers or tips?
  • granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    I am trying to make a non-default of the Flutter dress with custom swatch, but for some reason it keeps crashing the demo. As a test, I tried taking the file created by Color Magic straight into the demo without doing any edits to it at all, and it crashes when I try to select that item to wear.

Any pointers or tips?

This looks like the issue we were seeing with the unique name not being accepted by the game.

Try re-running Color Magic, but choose a different unique name for them item and see if that one will load in the demo. I often change the last _ character into two __, for example granthes_blahblah_red --> granthes_blahblah__red.

Until we figure out what is causing the naming issues, this is the best work-around we know of.
    Grant (granthes)
    Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things
  • MadameButterflyMadameButterfly Posts: 116 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thank-you! I'll give it a shot! :)

Edit: Worked perfectly!