Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• chillyzgrrlchillyzgrrl Posts: 347 Member
    Rawla wrote: »
    @chillyzgrrl - Thanks.
    :) You're welcome!

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Okay, so this is my first try at doing a legacy by the rules. Are we not allowed to switch households? I'm asking because I don't want my spares to live lonely childless lives. I'm totally missing twallan right now.

The rules state that you must not change your active household throughout the legacy challenge. If you wanted to play one of the spares, perhaps you could save them to your library and set them in a new save.

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    > @RainbowSimQueen said:
    > Okay, so this is my first try at doing a legacy by the rules. Are we not allowed to switch households? I'm asking because I don't want my spares to live lonely childless lives. I'm totally missing twallan right now.

I so wish we had progressive storylines so that our spares could move out, meet somebody, and have families and careers of their own.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks @Rawla I thought that was one of the rules but wasn't too sure.
    I know, @CathyTea I'm sure soon enough we'll have something to help with the progression of our towns. :)

• MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    > @RainbowSimQueen said:
    > Okay, so this is my first try at doing a legacy by the rules. Are we not allowed to switch households? I'm asking because I don't want my spares to live lonely childless lives. I'm totally missing twallan right now.

I so wish we had progressive storylines so that our spares could move out, meet somebody, and have families and careers of their own.
    Couldn't the spare and spouse stay on the lot until they get pregnant? That's how I used to play in Sims 2. I guess it would depend on how hard it would be to keep them organized, haha.
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    > @Megg87 said:
    > CathyTea wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    > Couldn't the spare and spouse stay on the lot until they get pregnant?

I guess they could, huh? I played Sims 3 that way. I'm kind of a "zero-population-growth" or even "negative-pop-growth" type of person, so I usually just don't even bother with a spare, but the few times I did have them, I had them live on the lot with their families.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • duckofdoom2002duckofdoom2002 Posts: 89 Member
    edited September 2014
    I've started the challenge! I'm so excited, this will be my very first legacy challenge ever. If you'd like a sneak peek here's a tumblr I'm setting up to tell the story.

Legacy of Winters

Please feel free to comment! I'm new to blogging!
    tumblr_n5qff3lygs1rm3gh5o1_500_by_sapphireluna-d7qhib6.png
    Cool, Duck! Here's the correct link to your tumblr page: http://legacy-of-winters.tumblr.com/ Love your founder. She looks so pensive sitting on her bed in that BIG empty lot... :)

CathyTea wrote: »
    Cool, Duck! Here's the correct link to your tumblr page: http://legacy-of-winters.tumblr.com/ Love your founder. She looks so pensive sitting on her bed in that BIG empty lot... :)

Thanks! Can you tell I'm new to this? LOL but I'm definitely having fun so far and I'm going to let my creative side go crazy :wink:
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    I've started the challenge! I'm so excited, this will be my very first legacy challenge ever. If you'd like a sneak peek here's a tumblr I'm setting up to tell the story.
    Legacy of Winters
    Please feel free to comment! I'm new to blogging!
    There is something wrong with your link. I found it at this link.
    Legacy of Winters
    Just use Quote to see the link information. :D
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    lodt the second triplets to neglect. then had a boy. now the boy is child and his bothers the triplets are teens . my first time getting to teen.
  • lightnatlightnat Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm so happy that this has been set up for Sims 4!!

Granted, I never actually completed one, but there's a first time for everything, right?
    I also always really enjoyed seeing everyone else's legacies.

Can I play it "casually"? I have little interest in keeping points, but I like most of the restrictions (randomizing traits, heir selection, etc.).
  • jennemm75jennemm75 Posts: 309 Member
    I have a question, when our founder gets married, we can keep the money they spouse come with? My sims hubby came with 20k, we can use that, yes?
  • Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    AWESOME!! I'm so excited! I have a Legacy Sim ready to go, and now I can start the challenge!
  • bubbleygumx3bubbleygumx3 Posts: 8 New Member
    Just started my legacy! My founder is legit living in a house with a toilet and a bed. That's all he can afford. *sigh*
    Just started my legacy! My founder is legit living in a house with a toilet and a bed. That's all he can afford. *sigh*

Tell me about it this is what my founder Laurel Winter started with! Soon enough she'll be able to afford walls and a roof!

tumblr_nbefq39DOe1tlo8tlo1_1280.png

• FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    My Sim is turning out to be quite the onion farmer. ;D
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Ace0fJacksAce0fJacks Posts: 58 Member
    edited September 2014
    New to the game, and new to the whole massive depth that is the Legacy (I used to play the original Sims just for the house building..nothing else). I think I may take up this challenge. Nothing beats a trial by fire when it comes to what could become an addiction! ;D

Edit: I did have a question though (After re-reading the rules), When it comes to spouses, do the pre-established families count as potential spouses? or are they a no-go along with gallery members?
    Post edited by Ace0fJacks on
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i'm doing a genetic challenge so far more or of the boys look like mom than dad.i need to learn how to build a upstairs. i getas far as stair placement then don't know what comes next. primas fault i ordered the creator guide. but i know more now then i did this morning.
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    I have a question about spouses. The rule states "This Sim may not be from a family who lives in a house on the world map, nor may they be a hand-picked Sim from the gallery." Is this for all 10 Sims that will become spouses, or is this talking about the 10th 'extra' sim? If it refers to all spouses - then where are they to come from??

Also when do you start playing the next generation? Is it when they reach YA?

Referring to all spouses.

The game generates random "townie" sims with completely random clothing, aspirations and traits. These sims show up on community lots but have no physical presence in the game. It is from among these townies that you must draw your spouses. As townies grow old and die, the game automatically generates new ones, so your marriage pool will always be populated.

Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
    Why I didn't see that post, I don't know. Thanks @Pinstar1161 :)
    edited September 2014
    I have a question about spouses. The rule states "This Sim may not be from a family who lives in a house on the world map, nor may they be a hand-picked Sim from the gallery." Is this for all 10 Sims that will become spouses, or is this talking about the 10th 'extra' sim? If it refers to all spouses - then where are they to come from??

Also when do you start playing the next generation? Is it when they reach YA?

Referring to all spouses.

The game generates random "townie" sims with completely random clothing, aspirations and traits. These sims show up on community lots but have no physical presence in the game. It is from among these townies that you must draw your spouses. As townies grow old and die, the game automatically generates new ones, so your marriage pool will always be populated.

I found a spouse who fits what you describe but he added $20000 simoleans to my founder when he moved in. Does this break the rules to the challenge? If so do I lose points or did I completely fail and should start over?
    tumblr_nbepemvgZ31tlo8tlo2_1280.png
    @duckofdoom202 From what I've read and seen others post about (Including Pinstar's wife), you get to keep the money and assets that the new spouse brings in. I of course will defer to Pinstar to give the final say because..heck..what do I know, I'm a Sim Noob xD
  • RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    I'm seriously failing the first generation. My sim has had 5 boys, I need a girl! Ahhhhhh Hopefully the next one is a girl because I feel so bad for Koral. She's been pregnant so much I can barely recognize her (weight gain). Wish me luck!
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Thanks Pinstar!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top