Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• T4EmeraldRubyT4EmeraldRuby Posts: 6 New Member
    Does anyone know if there's going to be a storyboard this time round? Or if it'll be ingame like TS2?
  • Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    I can't wait to start a Sims 4 legacy! I'll be making a single Sim to play with at first, to get used to everything, but I plan to start a legacy soon after I get the game. It's my favorite way to play :)
  • CrescentGamerCrescentGamer Posts: 8 New Member
    I have never been able to finish a legacy (or make it past generation 5 of a single family ), but I feel like Sims 4 will be my time.

Thanks Pinstar for putting this together too.

I can't wait to read everyone's new legacies. :D
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    last time i posted i was on the legacy fence. probably since i never completed one. now i want to try again in sims 4.
  • Spookykat306Spookykat306 Posts: 47 Member
    Never done a legacy family in any of the sims games. The more I read about it the more I am thinking I will give it a whirl in the sims 4
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    For those who haven't seen it yet. I've released a new teaser from the rules regarding the new Succession Law rules. Give it a read and start planning out your family's unique law.

Succession Laws
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @Pinstar1161 - I sent you a message. Thank you for taking the time to write the Succession Laws. I'd love to use these in the TS2 and TS3 as well. If that's alright?
  • MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    I'm definitely going to do the Legacy Challenge in Sims 4. :D We'll see how it goes.
    My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny
  • bubbleygumx3bubbleygumx3 Posts: 8 New Member
    I can't wait to start my Sims 4 Legacy :) Super excited to read all the rules and info!
  • quasha81388quasha81388 Posts: 255 Member
    I will finally start up a Legacy challenge in Sims 4 i so cant wait im glad we are down to single digits till we can play I JUST WANT TO SCREAM YAAA :D
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Looks like we are getting closer and closer only 9 days. excited.
  • CatszaCatsza Posts: 72 Member
    I have to admit that although I've been playing The Sims series obsessively since TS2 was released, I pretty much found out about the prospect of creating a legacy just this week. At least with no cheats, and with the whole founder/heirs theme. I am quite surprised it took me that much time to find it out, but now that I have, I'm all that more anxious for the 4th installation to be released. :smiley:
  • Rethka786Rethka786 Posts: 144 Member
    I'm doing a TS3 legacy : thelocklegacy.blogspot.co.uk and I might do one for TS4.
  • xJDLKxxJDLKx Posts: 313 Member
    Has anyone else read the succession teaser rules post? Can't wait to see what you all choose :D I've decided I'm going to do Strict Equality, Living Will, Traditional , gets me out of my comfort zone as my main sim is always a female , I like the idea of the favourite child being heir, for me it gives the game a more realistic feel to it, and traditional. Incase I want to have a same sex couple which is something I've never tried and if they adopt then their child can become an heir. Really can't wait to get started!!

Origin ID:Jessicaaa77
  • bubbleygumx3bubbleygumx3 Posts: 8 New Member
    @xjdlkx I think I'll be doing Strict Equality, First Born, and Modern. I usually just do Strict Matriarchy or Strict Patriarchy, but I think it will be a nice change to switch gender back and forth each generation. With regards to Modern, I like to try to get at least one generation that is a same gender couple, so it is necessary to allow adopted children to be an heir, at least for me :P
    I can't decide between two of them. I love the succession rules!

Equality - Firstborn - Strict Traditional
    ...or...
    Matriarchy - Lastborn - Modern

There are so many options available. I'm excited to begin.
    @bubbleygumx3 sounds good :D yeah I know what you mean in terms of switching genders , going to have to think of some stories for my male heirs, definitely might have a one that's a bro and a player ;) , I kept switching between Traditional and Modern because I wanted to try a same sex couple and couldn't decide which one , went with traditional because I've never adopted so might make an opposite sex couple adopt as well so in that scenario their natural born child would be heir :D just trying to think of stories and scenarios I've never tried before :D Have you made your founder ready for when the games released?

edited August 2014
    @Rawla both sound interesting :D have you done a legacy before? if so you could try the one that is different to the one you've already tried

@xJDLKx - I have done a legacy before. I got up to the 8th or 9th generation. I like your advice on trying something new. Getting out of my comfort zone might prove to be more rewarding than I currently think. I'll try it. :) *heads back to look at options*
    edited August 2014
    Okay, I've chosen a possible route for succession I have not tried before. This should be interesting fun. :)

Strict Equality: May start with either gender founder, but each generation MUST have an heir of the opposite gender, alternating back and forth. Children of the same gender as their parent are not eligible to be named Heir.

Last Born: The youngest eligible child becomes heir. The heir can change if a new eligible child is born younger than the previous heir.

Foster: Adopted children and natural born children may inherit, but adopted children trump natural born children, and inherit above them. This takes precedence over gender law.

Disclaimer: This selection will probably change a million times between now and when TS4 is released. Just saying. :D
    Post edited by Rawla on
  • Mmmyrs2Mmmyrs2 Posts: 1,348 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hmm, wonder how far I can get in a Sims 2 legacy before Sims 4 is released... :) Sims 3 crashes too much for me to start one on it.
  • PhoebeH84PlayerPhoebeH84Player Posts: 31 Member
    I'm going to start 2 legacies on TS4 and they will be:
    1. Strict Matriarchy - Living Will - Foster
    2. Strict Patriarchy - Merit - Traditional
    Usually with my legacies I always choose the firstborn (naturally born...I never adopt) so this will be a chance to play something different.
    @PhoebeH84Player - Those two sound like they would be a lot of fun. Enjoy! :)
  • PhoebeH84PlayerPhoebeH84Player Posts: 31 Member
    @Rawla I see that you're doing a Going Solo...I've read the rules and wanted to try it but I have so many challenges still going on with TS3 that I really can't do that right now...I do hope to see the rules for TS4 so that I can finally be able to play with it
    @Rawla wow a lot further than me , I got up to the 2nd generation in sims 2 before I got a new computer and had to start again aha , I got annoyed with the sims 3 because it kept lagging and I prefer sims 2, your legacy sounds like it'll be interesting to play :D if you don't change your mind ;) aha you'll have to let us know what you choose in the end if you do @PhoebeH84Player both of your legacies sound good , which one are you going to start first?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top