May 28 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Sul sul Simmers! Join us for the #DreamHomeDecorator Livestream HERE today, May 25, @11 AM PT / 6 PM UTC! 🎉
May 27: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• Simanthaa67Simanthaa67 Posts: 17 Member
    :) :) :)
  • SimerooniesSimeroonies Posts: 16 Member
    Thanks for this💛
  • CatLady21CatLady21 Posts: 29 Member
    My Challenge happens to be the Ace Attorney route, the way it goes is that one of the Sims start a Law career path, which that is what I will be doing. At least, one of them will. This is the challenge I'll be pursuing. I hope I can do this. A Family in the Law Business! Let me know what you guys think about it?
  • LordThebesLordThebes Posts: 19 Member
    I have a rule question. I just found out the sim I picked to be the spouse to my most recent heir has an aspiration I'm not fond of, it's one of the vampire ones and I like vampires in other game saves but I would rather keep them out of the legacy. Is there any rules about changing a spouse's aspiration?
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 127 Member
    edited February 23
    @LordThebes I just looked over the rules and I can't see it says anywhere. The only thing I can see is that if a spouse has a tutorial aspiration, you can randomise it to get a playable one. I usually randomise a new one or choose a new one based on their traits, but I think we're supposed to just use the aspiration they already have.
    I also have a question: Do you have to pay for the house of a spare when you move them out?
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 186 Member
    Is it against the rules to play with MCCC? I don't currently use any mods but have considered getting MCCC to provide some story progression in my game before starting a legacy. My play style is rotational and I've never stuck with just one household before, but I really want to try out the legacy challenge and actually follow the rules/keep score and see where it all goes. I have concerns, though, that the townies, neighbors, and spares will not progress at all in their lives and it's gonna drive me crazy. If I don't use the MCCC mod, is there any natural story progression that takes place in the game? What's everyone's experience with this?

• JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 127 Member
    edited April 6
    @amp107 I use MCCC in my legacy. I think that as long as you're not using it to cheat for the legacy household, such as money, relationships, skills etc, it is fine. I have my settings so that it doesn't effect my active household, only other ones.
    This means that my spares also get married, have children, have children in-law, have grandchildren etc. It also means that non-played households have kids and eventually my heir can marry Mortimer Goth's great-great-granddaughter (this happened in my legacy).

The rules on mods say:
    No cheats/hacks/mods that give you an advantage over someone who did not use them.
    The rule of thumb is that using a specific cheat/hack/mod will not put your family in any better of a position compared to someone who did not use one.

I think that's as long as your MCCC settings don't break the rules or make the challenge easier, you should be okay with having it.
    Hope this helps :smile:.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 186 Member
    Thanks @JamesSims528! I see your legacy story is linked above. I'm considering writing about mine as well, so I might hop over and check yours out for inspiration :)

• AtanyaAtanya Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm Preparing my sim and his familytree right now. :) I'm going in directly for the hardest Difficulty, I love a good challenge <3