Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caster - Create a Style-like Custom Content Creation Tool (Update: Swatch Image and Resize)

2...Next

Comments

• LavenderZayLavenderZay Posts: 710 Member
    Thanks so much for this awesome mod

Not a mod :) It's a tool for CREATING mods.

Oh, I see! :) I've never really used mods, tools, cc, etc. before.
  • CrimsonButterfly84CrimsonButterfly84 Posts: 120 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thank you for this wonderful tool. It's been a while since I've used any utilities for modding. This will be very useful. It's unfortunate the create-a-style and color wheel factors have been removed. However, this has presented itself as the perfect and rightful substitute.
    Post edited by CrimsonButterfly84 on
    Origin ID reads as follows: QueenLioness84
  • iamtreblaiamtrebla Posts: 1 New Member
    Thanks so much for this! Let's still hope that Eaxis provides us some sort of bodyshop (and homecrafter) tool after the game launches.
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    Thanks everyone, I'm glad you all like it!
  • LEvans102071LEvans102071 Posts: 448 Member
    Does this only make replacements, or can we *add* content with this?
  • hypemerchanthypemerchant Posts: 132 Member
    edited August 2014
    Great tool, been playing around with it a little the past couple of days. Can't wait till there's a possibility to actually create new items instead of recolours, though.
    Post edited by hypemerchant on
    Simsig.png
    Does this only make replacements, or can we *add* content with this?

The tool only generates DDS files, so you'll need to add them to the .package file using S4PE. How much you can do besides creating the DDS files is bound to what Colour Magic and S4PE are currently capable of.
  • chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    This is great! Thank you! :D
    edited August 2014
    I've updated the tool! It will now generate a 32x32 swatch you can save, and the image editor tool has been updated with an option for resizing a pattern. :)

EDIT: Changed title, so people don't confused "Swatch Generation" with actually creating the package straight from Caster.
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    Ok so I think I broke it -.- it worked great all the way through create a sim! The outfits are beautiful :D but when I go to play the game with a simmie in my outfit the game crashed...every time.. when I took them back out of the mods folder the game works fine (although now my poor simmies are running around in bathrobes XD) maybe Im missing something easy?
    EkwtdjR.jpg