Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMplistic Design [NEW 5.17.16]

allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
edited March 2016 in The Sims 4 Lots
WELCOME

Hello everyone! I came by to revive my build thread which had been neglected for some time. That doesn't mean I haven't been building however! I actually started a YouTube channel and have been making speed builds of my lot's which I wanted to put out some links for! I find the videos a bit nicer than just pictures of the homes since it gives you a chance to really get in and see the lot itself!

I would also like to ask for any ideas on lot's people have been wanted to see built so I can get a list going of projects! So please take a minute to leave me a comment and maybe your idea will be my next speed build!

All links will take you either to my website to view pictures or YouTube to watch my speedbuild. If you are looking to download any of these lots just search my origin ID: allisoneg02 and you should be able to find it there!

Thanks for stopping by!!
- Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
alliesim02
The Scott Legacy
Post edited by allisoneg02 on

Comments

• allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited March 2016
    Residential Lots

Starters
    -Bargain Bungalow
    -Sleek Starter
    -Riverside Cottage
    -Contemporary Delight
    -Starter Tudor

Family Homes
    -Christmas Cottage
    -HGTV Dream Home 2016
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    -Modern Beach Abode
    Part 1
    Part 2
    -Mid-Century Oasis *new speedbuild*

Legacy Homes

Mansions

Build Challenges
    -Cactus Cabana
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
    edited March 2016
    Community Lots

Park
    -Country Garden Wedding

Bars & Nightclubs
    -Brew & Eats Cinema

Cafe
    -Central Perk

Miscellaneous
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
    edited August 2014
    Reserved for Requests
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
    edited August 2014
    Reserved for Styled Rooms
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
    Reserved just in case ;)
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hmm, are you sure you want to use the term "simplistic" rather than "simple", if you're talking about your own design? "Simplistic" generally has a negative connotation. (See usage note here: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/simplistic?s=t .)

And, yes, I am being pedantic... another word with a negative connotation! ;)
    I actually had thought of a lot of different things I could call my site. I decided on simplistic more for the fact Simple Designs just sounds too plain and boring. My slogan is "Simple designs with your sims in mind" sooo maybe I am insulting myself, but I've never been one to toot my own horn, lol ;)
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • NoahBangsNoahBangs Posts: 91 Member
    I just hope it's easy to rocket past the size limit.
  • Aotearoa14Aotearoa14 Posts: 155 Member
    Yeah, well you might think it's boring but simplistic means far too simple - as in stupidly or misguidedly simple. Want that??
  • GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    'Simplistic' implies that you put little to no effort in your lots. That's not the reaction you want people to give you.
    I look forward to your creations. :)
  • SimonettaCSimonettaC Posts: 59 Member
    I love builds of any kind. I am really looking forward to seeing your creations :D
  • Zppy972Zppy972 Posts: 568 Member
    I can't wait to see your houses.
  • Prettyweed870Prettyweed870 Posts: 832 Member
    ...can not believe everyone wants to weigh in on the name of a thread... Honestly anything with "simple" in it can be viewed positively or negatively based on "context". "Simple Minded" is not something any one would want to be called while "Simple Living" is lauded in most green living communities. Simplistic Design made me think the designs would be clean and concise, as in not having a lot of extemporaneous fluff much like construction you would see in the Netherlands. Simple Design is something anyone can do, even me, so no need to come here to get inspiration. The name actually makes sense to me and I'm sure it will make sense to many others.

At the end of the day, Allisoneg02, it's your thread so you pick the name. I look forward to coming back and seeing what you create in Sims 4. (slaps on a bookmark...)
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    I look forward to seeing all your creations!
    Thank you all. Again like I said I wanted a name with SIM in it and a lot have already been taken. I DO have a blog already for my site which I used some in 3 but I got really bad about uploading lots because the exchange was always such a pain in the neck. Anyone who wants to check that out before 4 comes out to see how good, bad or ugly my houses are you can find it here simplisticdesigns2.wordpress.com/.

I'm going to overhaul it here soon so that all my sims 3 builds will be in one category and I can use it to showcase my lots for 4. I also plan to use the forums too, hence the reason I made this thread :)
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    so cool youve created the thread already. cant wait to see your builds. im not a strong builder but im so very excited to see what you and other experts will be able to achieve.

ive heard many concerning issues with foundations and flooring so i think you may be also able to figure out work arounds better so i hope you keep a list of those as well :)
  • ZanarridaZanarrida Posts: 112 Member
    Can't wait to see your TS4 lots creation in the future. By the way I did check out your blog very interesting and unique. I love the Ice Palace,Casa De Luna,Little Tokyo you done well I like all of it just as well. Thanks allisone02 for sharing your blog on TS3. ;)
  • webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    Look forward to them!
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Ah! The first sims 4 build thread! I am looking forward to your creations!
    I am very excited to take a stab at the building in 4. I know there will be some limitations to it, but I already have some floor plans picked out for some starters. Once I get the hang of it I'm planning to take requests!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    Thank you, lizbethbear, for the disagree you gave Srikandi and I, even though we politely explained to the OP the difference in something being simplistic vs simple. They do not mean the same thing. My recommendation would have been Simplest Designs. At the end of the day it's your site, not mine.

On-topic: I checked out your link and I like the Little Tokyo lot.
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    Gillie wrote: »
    Thank you, lizbethbear, for the disagree you gave Srikandi and I, even though we politely explained to the OP the difference in something being simplistic vs simple.

Hah... if you don't get a "disagree" you haven't said anything interesting ;) No getting offended now!
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Looking forward to your creations!
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

I wasn't offended, so please no one else be! You don't always have to agree with someone to get along o:)
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy