Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, where are the scripts?

2...Next

Comments

• KHippieKHippie Posts: 18 Member
    > @garrison17 said:
    >- because I wouldn't want this game without the talent of mods- sharing in the community, makes the game worth playing!-

Indeed ... And the only reason why I subscribe here :smiley:
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    @IngeJones, @SimKuree

Heard back with an update from @crinrict.
    rgymhy.jpg

I hope you guys find out soon. ;)
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hi guys!

Back to the original question... python scripts don't have a resource type. As you have noticed, the Create A Sim Demo does not have any python, but once you have the full game it will be clear why they do not have a type ID. Unless you want me to spoil the surprise?
  • granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    Hi guys!<br />
    <br />
    Back to the original question... python scripts don't have a resource type. As you have noticed, the Create A Sim Demo does not have any python, but once you have the full game it will be clear why they do not have a type ID. Unless you want me to spoil the surprise?

Hmm.. Sounds ominous... But yes, spoil away... :smile:
    Grant (granthes)
    Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited August 2014
    Oh my :) Our SimGuru has arrived. Welcome ModSquad!

No such thing as spoilers to modders, and PARTICULARLY not to the tools people ;)
    edited August 2014
    Thanks! Glad to be here... sorry it took so long, we've been busy.

:) Python scripts will be in good old fashioned zip files.

*Edit for manners.
    Post edited by SimGuruModSquad on
  • granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    :) Python scripts will be in good old fashioned zip files.

Thanks for the Info. Really looking forward to what we can do with the game!
    Grant (granthes)
    Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things
  • SimKureeSimKuree Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks. Here are some questions. :p

How is it integrated into the game engine? Via a customized interpreter for the game or using IronPython?
    You can find my S4PE here.
    Hey SimKuree, the game uses standard Python v3.
  • jtravers88jtravers88 Posts: 591 Member
    edited August 2014
    So based on the naming of certain pyo files in the 'zips', like 'crafting_tunable.pyo' or 'achievement_tuning.pyo', we will be given documentation for what you would like us to be able to reference in these pyo files. Then when we create a python script mod referencing these tunables and optimize it and zip it up and place it in the mods directory, the modder's settings will override the game's settings.

Am I close?
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited August 2014
    Not as I understand it. I got the message that EA were *not* going to give us an API in that sense but were going to accept us doing some reverse engineering (aka decompiling) of their python scripts in order to discover the API for ourselves - and then we do the rest of what you said, referencing the game scripts. It is not clear if there is going to be a mechanism by which the game will allow us to actually override/replace entire included scripts.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top