Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now I just remembered why I like Sims 2 so much

Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
This interaction right here. Too ADORABLE!!

Snapshot_zpsca94bacd.png

Sure in Sims 3 pets can lick toddlers but nothing beats a good old fashioned cuddle! :mrgreen:

Comments

• RedDestiny9RedDestiny9 Posts: 202 New Member
    edited August 2014
    the "huggle" interaction between two toddlers is to die for too :D
  • FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    edited August 2014
    Cute, but, too bad you can't control the pets actions.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2014
    Awww... I always have the toddlers do that but it's so much cuter when the pets stand there waiting for the Huggle. :lol:

Of course we can, we just don't have to. They're made to take care of themselves.

There are codes for that. I use a userStartup file that enables the codes I want when the game starts (it's been a part of TS2 since the base game), which include the pets control options:

boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true
    boolprop ControlPets on
    boolprop PetActionCancel true

• DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited August 2014

You can cheat to control these.

"boolprop controlpets on"
    "boolprop petactioncancel on"
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
    edited August 2014
    Ok, never knew such codes existed, good to know.

Because it was a bit annoying they would be outside when they had to eat, and I couldn't get them to their food bowl.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ok, never knew such codes existed, good to know.

Because it was a bit annoying they would be outside when they had to eat, and I couldn't get them to their food bowl.

Once Pets are trained- as in praise/scold their activities; like eating their pet food or sleeping in their beds or peeing outside/toilet (cats); they can be commanded to do those activities.

If they're hungry your Sim can command them to Go Eat. It's a good thing. :D
    edited August 2014
    Still a bit more work than Sims 3 giving you the control to do it all without cheats, but okay.. :x
  • DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    Still a bit more work than Sims 3 giving you the control to do it all without cheats, but okay.. :x

While playing the Sims 3, I'd rather to leave pets on their free will as I'm used to the Sims 2 pets. :roll:
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited August 2014
    DYK that toddlers will eat pet food, if you don't watch them?
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I loved that in Sims 2 and was so disappointed when Sims 3 left it out. :( But thanks for the cheats! I didn't know about those! So I've been avoiding getting pets since I started replaying 2 lately and now I don't have to. Sweet.
    giphy.gif

• WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member

You can always make a cheat registry so certain cheats are automatically enabled as soon as you get in game without having to type them in yourself. That's what I do with the pets cheats so I don't have to type the cheats in every time and I can control them as soon as I get in game.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I love the sims 2, it is super cute and I am happy for all my simmies because they have a lot of free will and automatic interactions.
  • jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    I love that the toddlers can sleep in the pet beds.. so cute. I usually add on to my toddlers room, just in case they get tired!!
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    That's all history now - Toddler Hater Studio killed them off. Probably killed pets off too.

If pets do appear in TS4 they will probably be stuffed and on wheels - to save on animations. Your Sims will just wheel them along for a walk.
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Lol this glitch. 2wnwtuu.jpg
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Is that a Sasquatch in the tank - on the right - facing left?
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    plopppo wrote: »
    Is that a Sasquatch in the tank - on the right - facing left?
    Yep.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    I always used Bigfoot as a work horse. He has max skills so can zoom through all the career levels quickly, plus he always brought "stuff" home from work. A coffee pot, refrigerator, etc... quick way to make some $$
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    One thing I noticed reading the Prima guides for Sims 2 is that the EPs came with objects and venues you have to buy from the Store for Sims 3. I really like the gameplay of Sims 2, but don't like the loading screens and minimal CAS. Too bad TPTB at EA couldn't have combined the best parts of Sims 2 with the best parts of Sims 3 when they created Sims 4. But it looks like all EA cares about is how much money they can milk from simmers. How much do you want to bet that the stuff cut out of the Sims 4 base game will be available later in an EP, SP or from a Sims 4 store (at ridiculously high prices, of course)?!
  • RubiesandRainbowsRubiesandRainbows Posts: 197 Member
    I have both on my computer. When I have a crazy idea, I decide what game does it best, and go do it on there. It's more like I own two different games to be honest, rather than two sequels.