Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Running list of confirmed features, 201 and counting!

Comments

• Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited August 2014
    Days have been confirmed to last longer so that you can get more things done in a game day.

A few people who have been to the creator's camp have written that down that I've read about. The longer I think about this, the smaller details I pick out of my brain that I've read about that are different from the older titles.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    It's not 4 NPCs. It's 4 different services you could hire.

Aliens, burglars and firefighters were services you could hire?!?!

Well I do feel silly now.
    You can hire aliens and burglars in TS4? :shock:
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hasn't woodworking also been confirmed as a skill or am I imagining that?
  • Options
    AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    edited August 2014
    *babies have even more interaction options
    *babies wont be abandoned on the floor
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    You don't seem to like searching do you? There is already a list of confirmed features available here.

Don't be upset with a little friendly competition.
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Can you please elaborate on this? I'd like to get more information.
    bflury wrote:
    Also... not that care enough to search myself (ironic, I know), but where are basketball courts confirmed?

Most of the items I personally listed I found at this site:

http://simsvip.com/2013/05/07/the-sims-4-fact-sheet/

Again if you see anything that has been confirmed as wrong please feel free to tell me.
  • Options
    EvvieSimmerEvvieSimmer Posts: 134 Member
    edited August 2014
    You can delete objects that your sim is currently using. None of the other games had that.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:

Yes.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited August 2014
    Aoralys wrote:

I agree that's a new feature, however it certainly isn't a positive one. :(
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    *pregnancy tests
    *unexpected pregnancy lengths
    *those super-cool 3-D video games
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:

Yes.

That's sarcasm right?
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited August 2014
    Aoralys wrote:
    *visitable venues (not rabbit holes) like bars, as no other base game has had that option before
    *being able to travel between towns this will really come into play when newer expansions add new worlds and people will not have to create whole new saves and abandon their current families just to be able to experience them.

TS1 & TS2 were all about visitable venues. That was one of the reasons, at least my reason, that I didn't move on to TS3 right away. Those were base game features.

TS1 & TS2 were all about being able to travel between sub hoods, to different open venues. In fairness, that was provided in expansion packs for each game since no base game had a sub hood to create. It should still be mentioned that traveling between hoods is less than new since TS3 was the only version of the game that didn't allow for it.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    That's sarcasm right?

Perhaps.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Never mind :p
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Aoralys wrote:

I agree that's a new feature, however it certainly isn't a positive one. :(

To some people, not all. But I hated my incompetent parents grabbing babies out of their cribs, then carrying them stonefaced to place on the floor in another room and walk away.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Seamoan wrote:
    Aoralys wrote:
    *visitable venues (not rabbit holes) like bars, as no other base game has had that option before
    *being able to travel between towns this will really come into play when newer expansions add new worlds and people will not have to create whole new saves and abandon their current families just to be able to experience them.

TS1 & TS2 were all about visitable venues. That was one of the reasons, at least my reason, that I didn't move on to TS3 right away. Those were base game features.

TS1 & TS2 were all about being able to travel between sub hoods, to different open venues. In fairness, that was provided in expansion packs for each game since no base game had a sub hood to create. It should still be mentioned that traveling between hoods is less than new since TS3 was the only version of the game that didn't allow for it.

Those were not available in base game, and even TS2 which had subhoods, you still couldn't travel from Pleasantville to Strangetown, or any other town. You had to have separate saves for all of them.
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    Wow, your not even trying to avoid duplicates...
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    ability to resurrect a sim with a book you have written
    Ability to resurrect loved ones by writing epic poems

ability to visit other towns
    being able to travel between towns

More realistic bills
    Bigger detriments to not paying those bills (water getting shut off)

two different cooking skill types
    gourmet cooking skill

Should I go on? Oh why not...

You give me crap about a missing eyelash slider, and add this one...
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    can order more than one type of pizza

Several other things are in the base version of Sims 3 from 2009. And even more are in the base version you would get if you purchased it today. Which is technically the predecessor to Sims 4.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    Aoralys wrote:
    *careers will have extra participation - like performing a stand up show at a venue, rather than just going to rabbit hole and dealing with chance cards
    Not unless something changed. All careers are off screen.

There is a comedy club, but I don't believe it is tied directly to the job.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited August 2014
    Just to let you know in your list of confirmed features that many of those features are features we already posses in sims 3 and sims 2.

Also to help a bit

visitable venues are usually referred to as open venues. I think it would help your list if you took the time to be more specific on what you mean by the more general things in game.

You might want to research a bit more as you're missing some things from the list. One of those things is the rounded fences. You're also missing i believe the crafting station which i think is a skill and career i can't remember.

Anyway im not a fan of sims 4 but i do like seeing attributes that we never had before at all with sims games, even if they are very few in numbers.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    Several other things are in the base version of Sims 3 from 2009. And even more are in the base version you would get if you purchased it today. Which is technically the predecessor to Sims 4.

That wasn't included in base game, it was added later and patched into base game. So, no if it wasn't available at release, it doesn't count for TS3.
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited August 2014
    More realistic bills

I know I wrote both of those and I guess I should have worded the first one more clearly. More realistic bills meaning you have bigger and higher bill costs. The detriments in my head are bill failures and a feature that replaced the repo man.

In my head, even though they both deal with bills they are two separate items that deserve attention.

Edit for grammar fail. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    Wow, your not even trying to avoid duplicates...
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    ability to resurrect a sim with a book you have written
    Ability to resurrect loved ones by writing epic poems

ability to visit other towns
    being able to travel between towns

Whoa there partner! What did I say about getting upset over some friendly competition? I went ahead and removed all of the dozens of duplicates you mentioned :P
    bflury wrote:
    More realistic bills

Those sound like different items to me.
    bflury wrote:
    You give me crap about a missing eyelash slider, and add this one...
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    can order more than one type of pizza

So I'm supposed to remove every thing from the list you think is "minor"....yet you'll gladly keep everything on your list I think is minor and even add it to the overall "total" of things missing from the game.

Sorry, game doesn't work that way :wink:
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited August 2014
    Oh and please be more honest about your list, it's hard to believe or take a list seriously when someones making up stuff off the top of your head. It doesn't help sims 4 in anyway if you do that. Provide photos, and proof that those things exist along with links to statements so that it is true. Otherwise you make sims 4 look worse than what it is when you're lying about things.
  • Options
    NomPlayNomPlay Posts: 219 Member
    edited August 2014
    Wait a second you can order more than one type of pizza? I'm actually sold :O <-- this is not sarcasm <--- that isn't either

Other than that there's also a craft table for children.
    Babies have legs, more interactions and don't get left on the street.
    The towns look more full thanks to backdrops etc.
    The fact you can travel to different worlds opens up the possibility of having a community world such as Downtown without fear of lag.
    Improved pathing.
    Child -> Baby interactions
    emotions from paintings

I'll come back with more later xD
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Anavastia wrote:
    Just to let you know in your list of confirmed features that many of those features are features we already posses in sims 3

Such as?
    Anavastia wrote:
    Oh and please be more honest about your list, it's hard to believe or take a list seriously when someones making up stuff off the top of your head.

Who is being dishonest or making stuff up off the top of their heads?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    *Fires can pass through walls