Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TRANSFERRING SIMS 2 DISC DATA TO DITIGAL VERSION!!

GalerieVineGalerieVine Posts: 190 New Member
August 6, 2014

I decided to type up these helpful instructions because I have my Sims 2 data saved on a separate CD Rom just in case my computer crashes. I also advise other players to back up their game on a CD ROM or USB or separate hard drive.

Well I couldn’t figure out how to replace digital version with my disc version of the Sims, so I contacted Origin for assistance 4x because no one was able to help. One representative told me to replace the neighborhood with my file, DID NOT WORK. But with that I remembered I replaced the whole folder when transferring data from laptop to desktop. I tried that, it didn’t work instead it brought the file back.

Then it hit me, it is missing files that my saved data has.So I just replaced the files within the folder of the SIMS 2 ULIMATE COLLECTION.

TRANSFERRING SIMS 2 DATA DISC TO DITIGAL VERSION

GO to MY DOCUMENTS --> CLICK ON EA Games --> SIMS 2 ULTIMATE COLLECTION
DELETE! All the files for the Digital Sims 2
DO NOT DELETE SIMS 2 ULTIMATE COLLECTION FOLDER. Just the files within that folder.
REPLACE files with your own data.

Now that is done. Click on the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to play the game. All your saved data including families, clothes, and custom contents should all be there.

Hope this was helpful. It will also be posted on my page on the Sims 3 website and on Facebook the Sims.

HAPPY SIMMING!!!

GalerieVine aka Megs Adams