Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hire Will Wright!!!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited August 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Halle_M wrote:
    Hire Will Wright, Twallan and Alan Copeland. Fire Rachel, Ryan and the cartoon designer dude who sold the whole franchise down the Pixar river.

Yes!

I also agree with this!!!! SimGurucopeland is/was the best SimGuru EVER.

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2014
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Legendary wrote:
    Haha you go EA you move these threads without responding to them. Truly you are the best at PR!

Reading in between the lines, they are responding: "We, here at EA, don't give a hoot! And we will mock you by putting your topic in a barely populated section of the forums to dwindle away. Because THAT is what your feedback really means to us." :twisted:

I think they're trying to stop the calls for sacking before it gets some momentum going, but I get the feeling this will just build and build.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2014
    Actually Will Wright says he had no part of Sims 2 other than allowing them to use his name on the box the first third of Production on the Sims 2. He was busy doing what he really wanted with the Sims - working on Sims Online - in the first third of the Sims 2 production - but players rejected it - which didn't make him happy - so he left that in the hands of the team he had been working with and started working out the idea for Spore. At most for Sims 2 he was there to answer questions if they needed it - but as far as he was concerned - when Sims 1 wrapped he was satisfied and done with the Sims. He said in an hour and a half interview with Arts and Entertainment TV all that as well as his unhappiness with Sims Online not being received well as he wanted games to become a social experience and not to remain as a single person experience. He was also interested in building robots and being a full time part of Robot Wars along with his daughter - as well as forming his own Network - which he did do in his Stupid Fan Club. He wanted to film the crazy side of life combined with whatever went on in the imagination. He saw great ideas watching little kids play and imagine things. He thought life should always include the playground fun and imagination we had as kids and should never be serious and what most of society looks at as the real world - which he finds drab and boring. Like his own sims game that was fully his idea - the first one - there were creatures - a tip toeing bear in ballet slippers sneaking around your house in the dark - and a purple genie would pop up to grant you a wish - but be greedy and it would teach you a lesson. He wanted no bigotry, no hate, and no seriousness in his sims world because he said life was too serious and needed everyone to have a place to escape where all dreams could come true. Actually not having toddlers in his original game was the way he looked at life - like he adored having a baby daughter and the next thing he knew she was this little person with a delightful view of the world all her own. He wanted to capture that - and is why the Sims never grew any older once the baby turned to child. He never wanted his daughter to grow up and did not see the toddler or preteen ages or even teen ages as stages in life - you were a baby - then you were a child. Then you grew up - but seeing he did not want his own child to grow up and lose her amazing imagination like most people do - he decided his sims kids wouldn't grow up either.

Will Wright said he loved actors and musicians because they are forever that and never had to be their selves and why he incorporated those kind of people in his sims game. He really was not all that excited about the idea of Sims 2 and all the generations - but he was eventually happy with the great reception it got even if he had no part in making that game. He is always amazed that people think he had a part of that - but says that was all EA and the Sims Team.

Something none of you will like is the fact that Will Wright believe EA has some of the best developers and programmers in the business - but says he never goes backwards and always moves forward and onto the next thing.

And yes he has had that Hive Idea for a long time only he didn't have a term for the idea - and he is very much into the idea of social gaming and the idea every house had cameras and every person was watched on monitors.

I found that to give me a bit of the creeps - as I would not like looking in other peoples windows myself and I'm not a fan of the reality shows at all - nor have I ever enjoyed Robot Wars either.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    ThoddyEA wrote:
    bflury wrote:
    Since there was a post talking about firing the producers, I had a better idea. Your probably going to need to replace them.

Do us all a solid and get Will back on your team...

We could hire Will and Bflury. Then we would have two guys without talent and knowledge. And yes: Will did live from the guys around him and did nothing original. Will is absolutely overrated.
    Thoddy, you (meaning EA clearly despite your signature) all couldn't afford either one of us. BTW, people like you are the reason this company is going down the toilet. Seriously.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2014
    ThoddyEA wrote:
    bflury wrote:
    Since there was a post talking about firing the producers, I had a better idea. Your probably going to need to replace them.

We could hire Will and Bflury. Then we would have two guys without talent and knowledge. And yes: Will did live from the guys around him and did nothing original. Will is absolutely overrated.

Will doesn't have talent or knowledge? Without him there wouldn't even be The Sims, you f*****g 🐸🐸🐸🐸. :roll:
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    ThoddyEA wrote:
    bflury wrote:

Will doesn't have talent or knowledge? Without him there wouldn't even be The Sims, you f*****g 🐸🐸🐸🐸. :roll:
    Yeah, and he wouldn't have a job either. Thoddy is kind of short sighted like that.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    ThoddyEA wrote:
    bflury wrote:

Yeah, and he wouldn't have a job either. Thoddy is kind of short sighted like that.
    Some of these sheep are just pulling excuses for EA, right out of their *****. :roll:
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    ThoddyEA wrote:
    bflury wrote:

That!
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited August 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Actually Will Wright says he had no part of Sims 2 other than allowing them to use his name on the box the first third of Production on the Sims 2. He was busy doing what he really wanted with the Sims - working on Sims Online - in the first third of the Sims 2 production - but players rejected it - which didn't make him happy - so he left that in the hands of the team he had been working with and started working out the idea for Spore. At most for Sims 2 he was there to answer questions if they needed it - but as far as he was concerned - when Sims 1 wrapped he was satisfied and done with the Sims. He said in an hour and a half interview with Arts and Entertainment TV all that as well as his unhappiness with Sims Online not being received well as he wanted games to become a social experience and not to remain as a single person experience. He was also interested in building robots and being a full time part of Robot Wars along with his daughter - as well as forming his own Network - which he did do in his Stupid Fan Club. He wanted to film the crazy side of life combined with whatever went on in the imagination. He saw great ideas watching little kids play and imagine things. He thought life should always include the playground fun and imagination we had as kids and should never be serious and what most of society looks at as the real world - which he finds drab and boring. Like his own sims game that was fully his idea - the first one - there were creatures - a tip toeing bear in ballet slippers sneaking around your house in the dark - and a purple genie would pop up to grant you a wish - but be greedy and it would teach you a lesson. He wanted no bigotry, no hate, and no seriousness in his sims world because he said life was too serious and needed everyone to have a place to escape where all dreams could come true. Actually not having toddlers in his original game was the way he looked at life - like he adored having a baby daughter and the next thing he knew she was this little person with a delightful view of the world all her own. He wanted to capture that - and is why the Sims never grew any older once the baby turned to child. He never wanted his daughter to grow up and did not see the toddler or preteen ages or even teen ages as stages in life - you were a baby - then you were a child. Then you grew up - but seeing he did not want his own child to grow up and lose her amazing imagination like most people do - he decided his sims kids wouldn't grow up either.

Will Wright said he loved actors and musicians because they are forever that and never had to be their selves and why he incorporated those kind of people in his sims game. He really was not all that excited about the idea of Sims 2 and all the generations - but he was eventually happy with the great reception it got even if he had no part in making that game. He is always amazed that people think he had a part of that - but says that was all EA and the Sims Team.

Something none of you will like is the fact that Will Wright believe EA has some of the best developers and programmers in the business - but says he never goes backwards and always moves forward and onto the next thing.

And yes he has had that Hive Idea for a long time only he didn't have a term for the idea - and he is very much into the idea of social gaming and the idea every house had cameras and every person was watched on monitors.

I found that to give me a bit of the creeps - as I would not like looking in other peoples windows myself and I'm not a fan of the reality shows at all - nor have I ever enjoyed Robot Wars either.

Thank you for taking the time to post this Reg. I read this awhile, but some of these people will never get it. Will Wright washed his hands of this "project" years ago, and if he were here, we would have the Olympus version because that is where he sees his future.

Still excited for the game? I know I am! :thumbup:
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited August 2014
    ThoddyEA wrote:

http://www.museumofplay.org/blog/chegheads/2011/01/will-wright’s-video-game-notebooks/

Maybe do some homework before you speak.