Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Screenshots showing lots of Build/buy items from Creator's Camp

All of my screenshots and information from Creator's Camp can be found on my blog here: getsimplyruthless.blogspot.com

ec07f541-38b1-4d60-878a-f00121d5669c.png

0e786e28-8a9d-4c36-8433-aac3949a9a6c.png

81d0b294-4e25-48e1-91e8-8145478551a2.png

ea9e6da7-f81c-423e-a72a-2effebf80785.png

8084d9bf-de65-4c16-ac33-25040ccd2c8d.png

e3457121-1ff1-429f-b7fd-5ccb9909d46e.png

2e0b57b5-c02d-4170-a48e-f3ac29eb4ecc.png

Comments

• meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited August 2014
    Those look really good. I love seeing the stove hood there. And the first picture looks awesome with the grand piano and the colorful art in the dark room. Really nice.

I also love the curtains. They look a whole lot better now!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    Were you able to place furniture at 45 degree angles in this game? I notice no one did. Thanks.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thank goodness we still have chairs.
  • bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    Too bad if you want that blue chair in green. Or those purple curtains in well anything other than purple :(
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited August 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Were you able to place furniture at 45 degree angles in this game? I notice no one did. Thanks.

yes you can....the dining table in the first picture is at an angle. :)
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited August 2014
    Cinebar wrote:

I took another look at the top picture and I noticed that the table was at an angle. That looks like an angle to me unless my eyes are really screwy at the moment.
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    Too bad if you want that blue chair in green. Or those purple curtains in well anything other than purple :(

Most of the objects come with several different swatch colors to choose from. I didnt do a good enough job of showing that, but you can kind of see what I am talking about in this detail:

64619b56-52e4-4dcc-a04a-c9dea4d34793.png
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited August 2014

I really like this one. :) It may have been established already, but can you create circular kitchen islands as well?
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thank you for such a delightful post and, I must say, beautiful blog. I just bookmarked it for future viewings!

As a fellow builder and creator, I'm equally excited for the possibilities presented by the Sims 4. The improved tools sound amazing - moving a whole house!? - and the architectural details are something I've wanted for a very long time. Now I can craft up the things I've only ever dreamed about before.

Again, thank you for sharing.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thank you so much I really appreciate this post, there has been so many good post out today.
    It really is showing how great the Sims 4 is going to be.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2014
    sorry repost
    edited August 2014

I really like this one. :) It may have been established already, but can you create circular kitchen islands as well?

Yes you can..by grouping four sections together. Not all of the styles have a circular shape...and some have more of a sharp diagonal. Plenty of variety, I thought, for a base game.
  • deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited August 2014
    You are an exceptional builder. Have you felt limited in any way by the lack of choice? I'm just wondering if the decor of every house is going to end up looking identical and how builders as well known as you are going to find ways to continuously stand out.
  • deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited August 2014
    Dang you Liam!!!! :P
  • Z189ackZ189ack Posts: 269 Member
    edited August 2014
    Love the graphics in this game so much more than the other games.
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited August 2014
    Z189ack wrote:
    Love the graphics in this game so much more than the other games.

Can't fault the graphics, no.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2014
    Looks gorgeous Ruth. Love the rounded counters. Been waiting for those like forever. I love the richness and detail this place has for a base game - it is amazing. The furniture and drapes - the piano - all look so much more real than anything in Sims 3. Real nice.

Thank you for sharing.

Also got a smile on my face when I heard you and a few other creators I really love also were going to the Creators Camp. Can't wait to see all your new creations for Sims 4 if this is what you can do in a couple days - OMG I can just imagine the things you will do once you are used to all the new tools. I mean these pics are amazing and the detail is mind boggling. Love it all!!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    Several terrific posts on your blog. I do hope that EA listens to the CASt concerns y'all discussed and does something to fix that issue. It was always frustrating finding a preset design that looked great but wasn't quite the right color to match the overall theme.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • aprlmaprlm Posts: 660 Member
    edited August 2014
    looks nice! thanks for sharing :)
    a.k.a *April* My Sims 3 page
  • Dearra95Dearra95 Posts: 556 Member
    edited August 2014
    I do love the objects. They are much better than before. Thanks for sharing.
  • ninipninip Posts: 37 Member
    edited August 2014
    Why do some of the items (such as the modern counters) have a different background for their icons? It's kind of strange.
    edited August 2014
    You are an exceptional builder. Have you felt limited in any way by the lack of choice? I'm just wondering if the decor of every house is going to end up looking identical and how builders as well known as you are going to find ways to continuously stand out.

I was really pleased with the amount and variety of stuff I found to work with....for a base game it is pretty impressive. I think the bed catagory had the fewest choices and the most disappointments.

As far as the whole "presets vs colorwheel" issue. yes....I did feel frustrated. I go into that in detail here: http://getsimplyruthless.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-real-deal-about-color-wheel.html
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited August 2014

Yes you can..by grouping four sections together. Not all of the styles have a circular shape...and some have more of a sharp diagonal. Plenty of variety, I thought, for a base game.

Thanks for answering. :) I like different styles in my houses so this is good news.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
    edited August 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Looks gorgeous Ruth. Love the rounded counters. Been waiting for those like forever. I love the richness and detail this place has for a base game - it is amazing. The furniture and drapes - the piano - all look so much more real than anything in Sims 3. Real nice.

Thank you for sharing.

Also got a smile on my face when I heard you and a few other creators I really love also were going to the Creators Camp. Can't wait to see all your new creations for Sims 4 if this is what you can do in a couple days - OMG I can just imagine the things you will do once you are used to all the new tools. I mean these pics are amazing and the detail is mind boggling. Love it all!!!!!

Thank you so much, Reg! I feel incredibly lucky to have had the opportunity and the time just flew by. There was so much to see that I feel like I missed a lot of stuff, even though I had a couple of days. I wish I could have taken 100 screen shots and not just 20 :) The detail IS one of my favorite parts. I kept thinking it looked more like CC instead of base game stuff, odd as that sounds :D
  • PatandRoxannePatandRoxanne Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited August 2014
    Are there more items? like the spiral staircase?