Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

That's IT! We want names EA!

The baby news just hit. What were you guys thinking!? The toddler news rocked a few people but this just confirmed that you have absolutely lost your minds!! Holy crap!!

You need to really pay attention today. As your sitting around the table, listen to the guy telling you, "Don't worry, we'll survive this."

Fire him! No, first pummel him, then fire him. He's probably the same guy who told you that these were just little things, it's the emotional, intuitive sims that we really want!

We're in shock! I can't say with certainty that you will survive this and I'd be very cautious of anyone who tells you otherwise. This is bad, EA. Really, REALLY bad.

Comments

• Options
    deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited August 2014
    And now the dishwashers! This is a joke. This has to be a joke. Some big marketing scheme. Ya'll are going to get your crap together and by Sept 2, you'll say "just kidding" right? Please, please tell me that people are not getting paid that actually think this is worth releasing as is! No company can be THAT stupid!
  • Options
    FeatherriotFeatherriot Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2014
    what what tell me!
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    No company can be THAT stupid!
    That's EA.

I mean come on, babies is only one of like 50 gameplay elements they completely cut or cut back on in this game.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    xtinagaga97xtinagaga97 Posts: 600 Member
    edited August 2014
    Sadly, this is a prime example of a rushed game. The sad part is, so was The Sims 2, but it managed to be amazing because the developers cared. I can honestly say, I think the people working on TS4 don't care, they just want profit. Why else are they not telling us about any of this horrible stuff. This happened with Sonic '06 too. They rushed released it, and now it's considered the WORST game in the series and was even removed from all digital retailers so it didn't hurt Sonic's worth. I think TS4 will be this game.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    Sadly, this is a prime example of a rushed game. The sad part is, so was The Sims 2, but it managed to be amazing because the developers cared. I can honestly say, I think the people working on TS4 don't care, they just want profit. Why else are they not telling us about any of this horrible stuff. This happened with Sonic '06 too. They rushed released it, and now it's considered the WORST game in the series and was even removed from all digital retailers so it didn't hurt Sonic's worth. I think TS4 will be this game.
    Sims 2 was only rushed because they set the first version on fire (quite literally).
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    Sims 2 was only rushed because they set the first version on fire (quite literally).

I remember that!
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    If they want to make a profit, then why release it as it is now. With all of the time and money poured into this new concept, I just don't see them coming out in the black on this one!
  • Options
    samasllstarsamasllstar Posts: 163 Member
    edited August 2014
    And now the dishwashers! This is a joke. This has to be a joke. Some big marketing scheme. Ya'll are going to get your crap together and by Sept 2, you'll say "just kidding" right? Please, please tell me that people are not getting paid that actually think this is worth releasing as is! No company can be THAT stupid!
    Dishwasher? Explain?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Dishwasher? Explain?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Dishwasher? Explain?
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited August 2014
    20937fm.gif
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Dishwasher? Explain?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    No dishwashers, no trash compactors, no recycling bins. You wash your dishes in the sink and take your trash out to the curb. If you haven't heard about the babies, they're objects. You can't interact with them only the crib. You can't walk with them. You can only click on the crib and chose feed, change or whatever.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yup this is a rushed, uncared for piece of garbage. No wonder why they are spending no money on adds. Why throw it away on a crappy game. I feel REAL sorry for the people buying this thing blind. What a shock they are in for. Gurusd have been silent on twitter too. Which is actually odd on a day new info is released. Guess they are ducking for cover earlier then before. They know crap is gonna hit the fan. Oh well at least I still have my Sims 2 and 3. No EA games for me, ever, I am totally done with this company.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited August 2014
    20937fm.gif

My thoughts exactly :lol:
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited August 2014
    chider1234 wrote:
    bflury wrote:

I remember that!

can someone explain this to me?! :shock: In all my years of Simming since 03 I don't remember hearing about this?

And I wouldn't be surprised if TS4 goes down as the worst incarnation of the Sims. Every series needs it's "red headed step child" (no offense to red heads out there, just an expression) and while TS3 was so glitchy and had pudding faces, it did give us some new elements and it did try in certain areas. This one...well they are hardly even trying.
    I sometimes wonder if they are just tired of the Sims and want to work on something else and are sabotaging it on purpose. I've never seen this much hate (Even after Showtime/SN) come from the community nor this much..."blah"-ness come from this franchise.

I hope this game only has like, 5 EPs max. And then a release of Sims 5. Or I hope (even more) that another company gets ahold of this game. It's wishful thinking, but a girl can dream.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    20937fm.gif

LOVE this!!!!
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited August 2014
    The more I hear, the less I like the game. :(
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2014
    The 'object' babies is just awful. Not sure it's worse than losing toddlers - more like the icing on the cake.

I'm not buying the game so it doesn't really matter, but the new careers sound dire (tech guru - seriously who puts that on their cv? Not to mention that neither of the astronomer branches seem to have anything to do with astronomy).

What the heck happened to the medical, police and scientist careers? Not to mention gardening?

It feels like the sims franchise is currently run by a bunch of people without a clue who are desperately trying to emulate the effortless charm/humor the sims1 team put into the game and are failing quite spectacularly.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Dishwasher? Explain?
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited August 2014
    The baby news just hit. What were you guys thinking!? The toddler news rocked a few people but this just confirmed that you have absolutely lost your minds!! Holy crap!!

You need to really pay attention today. As your sitting around the table, listen to the guy telling you, "Don't worry, we'll survive this."

Fire him! No, first pummel him, then fire him. He's probably the same guy who told you that these were just little things, it's the emotional, intuitive sims that we really want!

We're in shock! I can't say with certainty that you will survive this and I'd be very cautious of anyone who tells you otherwise. This is bad, EA. Really, REALLY bad.

The toddler news rocked a FEW people??
    where have you been for the past 2 months? the toddler thing is STILL being brought up.

OT- i just heard this news and its disgusting. whats the point of having a baby if its not really a baby, its a bassinet with a doll attached!

and no dishwashers? eh.. if it was just this i wouldnt be upset but the CONSTANT thigns theyre leaving out. and this is real life 🐸🐸🐸🐸.. to not have it in a simulation game is just silly.
  • Options
    wildernessgirlwildernessgirl Posts: 132 Member
    edited August 2014
    20937fm.gif

Pretty much every simmer's reaction today!
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited August 2014
    Dishwasher? Explain?
    Oh let me give you the good news.

There will be no more dishwashers. Or recycling bins. Or trash compactors!
  • Options
    SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited August 2014
    Dishwasher? Explain?

God, this forum is glitchy :roll:
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited August 2014
    chider1234 wrote:
    bflury wrote:

I remember that!

can someone explain this to me?! :shock: In all my years of Simming since 03 I don't remember hearing about this?

From what I've heard...there was a rather serious fire in the server room while they were developing Sims 2...which would definitely explain the multiple delays from the original release date. ;)