Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The HQ mod.

LuckySimmerLuckySimmer Posts: 45 New Member
Hellooo.

I have some questions on the hq mod and i hope you'll know some answers.

Is the HQ mod okay for normal game play?
can you turn it on/off?
will it work with the graphics on the game on default?
does it make a notable difference?
is it only for photos or can you play with it on?
is there any serious problems it could casue to my game or ccomputer?

and any other information i should know?

Comments

• GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited August 2014
    1. It is not recommended for normal gameplay unless you've got a powerful system. It can be quite taxing. Also, during normal gameplay you're probably not going to have your camera in your sims' faces the whole time, so you'll be unlikely to notice the benefits.

2. Not in game. You turn it 'off' by substituting back in your original graphics.sgr file.

3. It depends what your default settings are. You need to turn your sim detail and texture detail settings up to the highest in order to take advantage of the mod.

4. If you use custom content that's been designed to take advantage HQ, understand how to light your sims correctly, and zoom in very close, it does make a difference.

5. See 1

6. I'll leave this for the more computer-savvy people to answer, but I will say that the mod can be taxing on your graphics card if it's a lower end one.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • LuckySimmerLuckySimmer Posts: 45 New Member
    edited August 2014
    My laptop isn't really the best for running Sims,so the HQ mod seems like it might take a lot of strain on my laptop thanks very much for your help:)
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited August 2014
    No problem!

If you'd like more help deciding you can see comparison pictures here and here.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • LapisLazarusLazareLapisLazarusLazare Posts: 3 New Member
    Okay I have an HP Laptop with Windows 10 and it is 64 Bit, so would it be safe to download the HQ mod for my laptop. I'm really interested in CC and mods for my Sims 4 game and I am sure everything is updated I just don't want my computer to explode or something equally as horrible lol. My main fear is that the mod works best with Mac and it would destroy my laptop. Am I good or nah?
  • Simster22536Simster22536 Posts: 2 New Member
    Quick question can you have base game mods when you have HQ mods on?
  • Simster22536Simster22536 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @GreenCats said:
    > 1. It is not recommended for normal gameplay unless you've got a powerful system. It can be quite taxing. Also, during normal gameplay you're probably not going to have your camera in your sims' faces the whole time, so you'll be unlikely to notice the benefits.
    >
    > 2. Not in game. You turn it 'off' by substituting back in your original graphics.sgr file.
    >
    > 3. It depends what your default settings are. You need to turn your sim detail and texture detail settings up to the highest in order to take advantage of the mod.
    >
    > 4. If you use custom content that's been designed to take advantage HQ, understand how to light your sims correctly, and zoom in very close, it does make a difference.
    >
    > 5. See 1
    >
    > 6. I'll leave this for the more computer-savvy people to answer, but I will say that the mod can be taxing on your graphics card if it's a lower end one.
  • Puzzling_PozumPuzzling_Pozum Posts: 3 New Member
    How to know if it is compatible with my gameplay???