Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SecuROM in Sims 2 Ultimate

If you downloaded the ultimate collection, you most likely have secuROM.

To read more about secuROM in The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection visit this website: http://simsvip.com

Note : secuROM is an legitimate program that helps prevent piracy.
ldauop39735.png

Comments

• Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited August 2014
    It was with Fun with Pets when they started to attach SecuROM or around there. I have all the original EPs and I honestly never had an issue with it, although I know it completely borked up systems for other people. It will definitely be there, just like the most updated version of The Body Shop. Good info to have :thumbup:

Edit for spelling.
  • Options
    wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member
    edited August 2014
    It was with Fun with Pets when they started to attach SecuROM or aroun there. I have all the original EPs and I honestly never had an issue with it, although I know it completely borked up systems for other people. Good info to have :thumbup:

Yes, it's good to know about anything that gets installed in your computer :) . I never had an issue with it either. I just hope that the program has good security as I wouldn't want anything using it to harm my computer. I'm glad that EA decided to add it to help with piracy issues that might arise with the ultimate collection being out now.
    ldauop39735.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited August 2014
    I had issues with it. :P

It would not allow me to watch DVD movies. It reset the mode of my drive and my movies would start stuttering. Securom did not like my computer at all. It eventually killed my DVD drive. I upgraded parts and reinstalled a new OS and all my games. I could watch movies fine until I installed The Sims 2 and the issue started immediately. Perhaps it did not like my computer because it was custom. I don't know.

I have no intention in installing TS2 again. I plan on getting TS4 as a replacement for it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds