Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruTaterTot, please advise if the current DD list will be repeating? - SimGuruTaterTot posted

Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
Hi SimGuruTaterTot. The loyal group of Daily Deal followers, and those who are just learning about the Daily Deal, would appreciate knowing whether or not the store has ended the practice of repeating the DD list. The current rotation has passed 452 deals which was the number of deals on the April - May 2013 list. The April - May list was, until today, the longest a DD list had grown before it began repeating.

Knowing whether the store team has discontinued the practice of having the DD repeat will save a lot of us time and effort to watch, record and track the deals.

Edit to Update - The list began rotating August 9th.
a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
Post edited by Me1620 on

Comments

• Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd love to know, too, for that same reason. It's not a problem if we won't see a repeat and instead will be getting deals in a random order, but I hate to see the community effort go to waste. A clear answer on this would make a lot of Simmers happier. :)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    aparkisonaparkison Posts: 135 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd like to know if the DD is going to repeat too since I wasn't able to grab The Boardwalk last time, because it's just unrealistic to monitor the DD all day long!

The Boardwalk is the last thing I really need since I own everything I want except the last set coming out in August (except for Roaring Heights).

I'm waiting to grab Roaring Heights to go with The Boardwalk whenever it comes up on sale here at the Store or Amazon.

Anyway, a clear answer would be very useful and would eliminate a lot of frustration. I'm very thankful I grabbed the Bistro off the DD sometime ago (because I didn't want to pay full price for it either). I'm hoping for the same with The Boardwalk.
  • Options
    TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited July 2014
    I also want to know if this list will repeat (or not) because I missed at least two great deals while I was sleeping. It would be very helpful to know, if they`ll be on the DD again in the future.
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    ZabjadeZabjade Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes, knowing this would be very helpful. A lot of people go through a lot of effort to track the deals now so that during the repeats we know what's coming. But if there isn't going to be a repeat, then those who have been spending a lot of time and effort will be for nothing.

Better to know sooner than later, so they don't keep spending the time on it if there's no point.
  • Options
    VexedVirgoVexedVirgo Posts: 51 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Would be nice to know. I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting for the bakery set to pop back up. I think this is the longest amount of time that sim points have sat in my account - ever! And every time I go to sleep, I am paranoid that I am going to miss it so I wake up 17 times per night. Even had a dream about it tonight. Lol. Sad, but embarrassingly true. :oops:
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    edited July 2014
    VexedVirgo wrote:
    Would be nice to know. I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting for the bakery set to pop back up. I think this is the longest amount of time that sim points have sat in my account - ever! And every time I go to sleep, I am paranoid that I am going to miss it so I wake up 17 times per night. Even had a dream about it tonight. Lol. Sad, but embarrassingly true. :oops:

Same here! I'm hoping if they've changed how the DD works they will let us know.
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope it doesn't wait until after the S4 release to start rotating... the list would be over 1200 deals long...
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wallin wrote:
    I hope it doesn't wait until after the S4 release to start rotating... the list would be over 1200 deals long...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Annnnnnnnnnd...BUMP!
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited July 2014
    It would be a kind and respectful gesture to the community to let us know one way or another if there is now or will be again a rotating DD list.

Even if we decide this list isn't going to rotate, we'll always wonder if the Store might start another rotating list at some point in the future unless we're told otherwise. This means some people will feel the need to keep tracking the deals, looking for a repeat, wasting their time if there never will be one.

For myself, I'd love shortish lists that repeat a few times, just to give people some chance to foresee and get a chance at the last few items they need from the Store now that it's winding down. But the most important thing is that we be told one way or the other.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited July 2014
    As someone who's been helping to track the deals on Jodi's spreadsheet in preparation for a repeat, I'd love to know if there will in fact be one. Tracking the deals does take quite a bit of time and focus, and I'm glad to have been able to help. But it would be silly for me to continue devoting this much time to tracking a list that won't repeat. At the same time, I worry about stopping prematurely and then discovering that the list does indeed repeat.

So if we could get a yes or no about whether it'll repeat, it would be such a huge help.

And also, thank you so much for all the great deals that have come through the DD. I've gotten some awesome items and met some awesome people through this list. There will be no complaints from me whether or not this list repeats. Just knowing whether it will is enough for me.
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited July 2014
    Bumping this thread.

Putting effort into the spreadsheats, update posts and DD front page is almost a job in itself. Would love to make sure its all going to be worth the efforts in the end!
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    aparkisonaparkison Posts: 135 Member
    edited July 2014
    Bumping this too for all those people who've put so much work into keeping the DD thread and spreadsheet updated. It's definitely helped me in the past and I hope we get an answer from someone.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Must.Stay.On.First.Page.
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited August 2014
    I wonder if, at this point, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing ....

Maybe you are asking the wrong person?
  • Options
    MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited August 2014
    I just asked her on twitter to check out this thread because I want to know too.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Mommyland wrote:
    I just asked her on twitter to check out this thread because I want to know too.

Any reply there?

(and BUMP)
  • Options
    MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited August 2014
    no reply yet, but its after hours so she may not answer till tomorrow
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited August 2014
    I tweeted her a couple of days ago about it and haven't heard back either. Anybody else who wants to draw her attention to this question, her twitter account is @SimGuruTaterTot.

She may have to talk to other people before she can be sure what it's okay to tell us, but she should know that discontinuing the rotating lists and not telling us has real human consequences.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited August 2014
    Bump! For all the wonderful, helpful DD-stalkers.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Still nothing, hmm?
  • Options
    emmiemouseemmiemouse Posts: 155 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Bump! :)

Some very talented people take time out of their day to keep the rest of us "stalkers" in the "know" ;) Thanks Ladies and Gents!!! Your efforts are VERY appreciated!!! :mrgreen:

The irony is that ...to afford to buy SimPoints - stalkers must work - but working means we can't stalk the deals ... :? It's nice knowing that the next 2 deals are things I already own ...or that "dream set" I've been waiting for should pop up around 2 pm ...so I can set an alarm, play my game, then pop onto the Daily Deal page in time to try my hand at winning it. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    imraindancer1967imraindancer1967 Posts: 81 Member
    edited August 2014
    .......and a bump
    a.k.a. - Beth