Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2: UC questions

CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
Was such a simple fix :oops:

Is there a way to change your Sims family name?

EDIT: I fixed the issue in the original post. When I was building I hit the End button by accident and that probably toggled the view, but I have roofs back, but I must toggle roofs to get it.

Got a bit of a dilemma in the game though. I made my Sim family, then found an NPC that my Sim guy would be a lot better with, problem is Sim guy is married with kids so how do I divorce/kill off the wife to make the NPC sim happen (they already dated by the way and are well on that road), they seem a much better pairing than the original pairing I went with (there are more interactions and they get on better). So...kill her off or have him have something on the side :P

And what happens if I move in the NPC sim? Do they become playable?

Comments

• Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited July 2014
    CursedDice wrote:
    Edit: Windows 8.1 btw
    There's your problem right there. It's not compatible.

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2014
    Actually the roofs never appeared in live play. The only time I could ever see them was when I was actually working with the roofs in build mode, other than that they just don't show, unless you are in....I don't know what they call it, but it is the equivalent to TS3's Edit Town mode.

Changing their name, you might find this of help. I was asking about this very thing when I made the mistake at a wedding.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=289073

My problem was when I had Cassandra and Don get married, I made the mistake of having her start the wedding, and he ended up with her last name. This fixed that problem.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2014
    What's wrong with the roofs? They show in the home lots. :shock:

Neighborhood view....