Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wait? Isn't Mrs Crumplebotton in Sims 2?

Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
I mean the old, bitter Sim woman who hates people who are in love and can't keep her nose out of other people's business?

Which town does she live in so I can avoid that town like the plague. No I'm kidding but which town does she in really?

Comments

• plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've heard of her being in TS2 - don't know where.

I've seen a Crumplebum or Crumplebottom in TS3's Sunset Valley, sniffing around outside my Sim's house.
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    edited July 2014
    Oh that's perfect. And my Sims are VERY lovey dovey. Guess they can't engage in PDA. Oh well. Actually it might be pretty interesting to push old Mrs. Crumplebottoms buttons by having my Sims have a make out fest right in front of her. :lol:
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2014
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    edited July 2014
    Doesn't she also pop out of the wishing well if you wish for love and it goes wrong? I know that happens, I just can't remember which game.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Doesn't she also pop out of the wishing well if you wish for love and it goes wrong? I know that happens, I just can't remember which game.

Never happened to me and my Sims use the wishing well a lot in Lucky Palms.
  • Snakefire30Snakefire30 Posts: 473 Member
    edited July 2014
    There is also a Sims 2 Wishing Well from the Seasons EP and Mrs Crumplebottom occasionally does come out of it. She primarily is on various Downtown Community lots and does't live in a specific town.

Doing anything with her other than what the game makers intended will corrupt your game because her character info is stored in the objects.package instead of a specific neighborhood. If any changes are made to the objects.package it corrupts the game, and the only way to fix it is to re-install.
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    edited July 2014

Never happened to me and my Sims use the wishing well a lot in Lucky Palms.

No, I'm pretty sure it's TS2.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    Downtown community lots in Sims 2, and the wishing well thing.

Edit: She also hates swim wear. If she shows up at the spa downtown and sees you in a bathing suit, she'll crab at you about that, too.
    edited July 2014
    I didn't know their was a wishing well in Sims 2. Then again, I JUST started playing Sims 2 so of course I haven't explored everything yet.

Thanks MsPhy. I will be sure to remember to wear swimsuits to community lots. I'm going to make it a mission to bug the hell out of this old woman. :mrgreen:

edited July 2014
    I didn't know their was a wishing well in Sims 2. Then again, I JUST started playing Sims 2 so of course I haven't explored everything yet.

Thanks MsPhy. I will be sure to remember to wear swimsuits to community lots. I'm going to make it a mission to bug the hell out of this old woman. :mrgreen:

The Wishing Well is a gift you get from the Garden Club if you join and then meet their incredibly exacting standards for a perfect yard. (They come and do inspections and tell you what you need to fix).
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2014
    The old woman loves to bowl and to drink at the bar. If you have those things in the same location, you sim should be safe, well at least more so.
    edited July 2014
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    The old woman loves to bowl and to drink at the bar. If you have those things in the same location, you sim should be safe, well at least more so.

Unless you engage in public woo-hoo in the photobooth. That draws EVERYONE over, and she'll be right there to smack you with her handbag!
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited July 2014
    She always used to tell my sim children and teens off for no reason at all. One got told off for reading a book; I guess she doesn't like swots.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2014
    I remember once when I was playing Chloe, she is the red headed alien in Strangetown. She got into a fight with Mrs Crumplebottom. Mrs C. started the fight, but Chloe finished it and sent her packing. She had one of those wishing wells at her home, and the old battle ax came crawling out of it. The only reason I remember that was because I had managed to catch enough pictures to tell the story. To bad those were lost.
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited July 2014

You don't even have to do that. If your sims so much as hold hands or hug, the old biddy stops everything she's doing and whacks the Sugar, Honey, Iced Tea out of your sim.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    edited July 2014
    8)

I remember encountering her along time ago. I was playing downtown, had my sims go on a date then she appeared and followed my sims home. She stuck around for awhile though I forget how long it was.

Now that I have sims 2 ultimate, I may encounter her again.

I also want my cow and llama family back lol xD

8)