Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[SOLVED] Question: How To Add/Find Specific Post Links From Threads

AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Well, er, for all of you tech-savvy coders out there, this might sound quite dumb, but simply, I can't seem to figure it out!

If you don't understand what I mean by the title, take this thread (the Gifting Directory) for example; you'll see on the 2nd post, she specifically links all of the individual replies from the simmer. That's what I am talking about.

Basically, my question is: Where Do I Find This Link or How Do I Find This Link? (Individual Post Link)
Just a clarification, I already know how to add links :D, I just can't seem to find the 'pattern' or similarity on/to any them. I do know that when you write something, you are re-directed to the actual link of the individual post, but I was wondering how you can specifically link someone else's reply. Sorry if that sounds a bit repetitive. :oops:

Hope someone can help! I've come to find that the GG Community are very friendly. :mrgreen: If you don't understand anything from the question, feel free to reply, and I'll get back to you to explain it in more depth (if this wasn't already explanatory).
Post edited by AM35502 on

Comments

• Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hello AM35502 and Welcome! I'm Ivanna and I must say this took me a while to figure that out, myself. It's a specific code that is used. I've posted it below.

[!url=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/255/757325.page#12300322!]Entry[/url]

You need to remove the exclamtion marks to post and change http address to where you want the link to take you to, you can also change the word Entry to whatever you want the link to show in your post.

I hope this helps you out. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    edited July 2014
    There is this little paper icon next to the time and date of your post, when you click on it you get the individual post link.
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited July 2014
    Left hand side, you'll see a little piece of paper with a folded corner icon :) right-click, and on my browser it says "Copy Link Address" and it'll say something similar for you. Click that and it'll copy the full coding :) then paste it to get the link!
  • Options
    AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yay! :mrgreen: Thanks everyone; this really helped... I guess this will really help me out in the future. :D Lucky I found this out now, before anything else happened.

Sorry for replying so late, I wasn't expecting this much help so soon!
    I'll be sure to participate more in GG-- right now I'm just lurking around the Sims 4 Forums and slightly around Sims 3 Stories and Legacies. :lol: :XD: :P