Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Extras in Featured Looks sets?

Am I correct in thinking that only the last three Featured Looks sets (Sandy Shoals, Villa Paraiso and Fall in Love Again) contain extra items (lots/wallpapers)?

I know the price seemed to have been highly jacked beyond the price of the individual items for the Villa, and I can kinda understand it because it contains a built lot.
I'm one item away from owning all of the Charmingly Simple Kitchen, but my CYS price is 100 simpoints. The item I don't have is the rack which is a 25 point item. :roll: Was there something extra in this set that I'm not realizing to warrant this odd difference in price?
I'm waiting for the Mid-Century set to come up. I should be able to get it for dirt cheap or maybe even free and this will take care of that one item, but I'm curious if I'm missing anything else that may have been included with CSK.
baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif

Comments

• MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't recall any extra's with that one. I'd stick to your original plan.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited July 2014
    A couple include additional items. The Quaint Cottage came with a hair with a bandana, for example, and the Sandy Shoals had new walls.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the responses.

So, this FL won't even be worth DLing once I get that rack with Mid-Century...but it will be worth it to knock it off of my OCD list. :lol::wink:
    edited July 2014
    A couple include additional items. The Quaint Cottage came with a hair with a bandana, for example, and the Sandy Shoals had new walls.

The hair was already available as a single item. Sandy Shoals is the first featured set to include new previously unreleased content in the form of new wallpapers, and Villa Paraíso was the first featured set to include a building as part of the set.

The kitchen featured look has no bonuses in it, no lot or any other kind of extra.

Which is why op's plan of picking up mid-century first is best. 8)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited July 2014
    Fall in Love Again has that nice little room on a 10x15(?) lot. :wink:
    edited July 2014
    Anmirla wrote:
    Fall in Love Again has that nice little room on a 10x15(?) lot. :wink:

derp ... yeah I tend to forget about that one :oops: :roll: :lol:
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited July 2014

The hair was already available as a single item.

I hadn't seen it before anywhere, so new to me I guess :lol:
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
    edited July 2014

The hair was already available as a single item.

I hadn't seen it before anywhere, so new to me I guess :lol:

Yeah, there's a list floating around that must have 60-70 (maybe more) single store items that aren't included in any set. :D

I tried to do a search for that thread, but I keep getting Liam'd. :evil:
  • CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hello

I got a silly question...is the Monarch suite the Love again featured look? I can't find the Love again look.

Thanks

chari
    edited July 2014
    Charicharn wrote:
    Hello

I got a silly question...is the Monarch suite the Love again featured look? I can't find the Love again look.

Thanks

chari

Yep. :-)
    http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=14447&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:72090&pcategoryId=14284&ppcategoryId=14446
  • CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hello

chari
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited July 2014
    Anmirla wrote:

Yeah, there's a list floating around that must have 60-70 (maybe more) single store items that aren't included in any set. :D

I think this is the list you were looking for, I keep in in my bookmarks, because I can never find it when I need it. :)
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/591802.page
  • Nyx1961Nyx1961 Posts: 54 Member
    edited July 2014
    The featured look CYS pricing on the Monarch Suite is broken, it seems. A twenty-five point item only knocked off 20 points from the price. It should have reduced by the face value of 25 points, at the very least. :\
    edited July 2014
    APotts wrote:
    Anmirla wrote:

I think this is the list you were looking for, I keep in in my bookmarks, because I can never find it when I need it. :)
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/591802.page

Yes! That's the one. :mrgreen:
    Stupid me didn't have it bookmarked, but I will now for future reference.

Thank YOU! :mrgreen:
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited July 2014
    Anmirla wrote:
    Am I correct in thinking that only the last three Featured Looks sets (Sandy Shoals, Villa Paraiso and Fall in Love Again) contain extra items (lots/wallpapers)?

I know the price seemed to have been highly jacked beyond the price of the individual items for the Villa, and I can kinda understand it because it contains a built lot.
    I'm one item away from owning all of the Charmingly Simple Kitchen, but my CYS price is 100 simpoints. The item I don't have is the rack which is a 25 point item. :roll: Was there something extra in this set that I'm not realizing to warrant this odd difference in price?
    I'm waiting for the Mid-Century set to come up. I should be able to get it for dirt cheap or maybe even free and this will take care of that one item, but I'm curious if I'm missing anything else that may have been included with CSK.
    Hi, Anmirla!
    Another thing which I have noted about those featured sets, those are containing too x-tra userPresets for used objects.
    I've converted Sandy Shoals in packages and I've seen many packages called as "BeachHouse_WickerBasket1.package", "TableDiningBeach2x1 Extra Preset.package"; usw.
    If are featured sets installed via launcher (I've made test with fabbric clean user's folder), those x-tra userPresets are shown in game with fucsia star icon (not package CC icon).
    If you have already items installed (I've installed from Sandy Shoals only 10 walls) and you'll chose only to place converted lot in Library folder, you haven't x-tra userPreset saved in game (Create-A-Style) and except lot description is all showing correctly. At least in case Sandy Shoals there aren't unlocked stencils or something what you'll not able to make with design tool in game.
    Sorry for my english :oops:
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
    edited July 2014
    Nyx1961 wrote:
    The featured look CYS pricing on the Monarch Suite is broken, it seems. A twenty-five point item only knocked off 20 points from the price. It should have reduced by the face value of 25 points, at the very least. :\

I think a lot of things are broken on this site. :lol::wink:

Anmirla wrote:

Hi, Anmirla!
    Another thing which I have noted about those featured sets, those are containing too x-tra userPresets for used objects.
    I've converted Sandy Shoals in packages and I've seen many packages called as "BeachHouse_WickerBasket1.package", "TableDiningBeach2x1 Extra Preset.package"; usw.
    If are featured sets installed via launcher (I've made test with fabbric clean user's folder), those x-tra userPresets are shown in game with fucsia star icon (not package CC icon).
    If you have already items installed (I've installed from Sandy Shoals only 10 walls) and you'll chose only to place converted lot in Library folder, you haven't x-tra userPreset saved in game (Create-A-Style) and except lot description is all showing correctly. At least in case Sandy Shoals there aren't unlocked stencils or something what you'll not able to make with design tool in game.
    Sorry for my english :oops:

Yeah, when I started a new file to get the Shanty lot to install, I noticed several extra files from other FL sets and deleted them if I already had them from the original set. I was hoping this wasn't going to be a problem. :lol:

And don't worry about your English. :wink:
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited July 2014
    Anmirla wrote:

Yes! That's the one. :mrgreen:
    Stupid me didn't have it bookmarked, but I will now for future reference.

Thank YOU! :mrgreen:

I am happy to help! Thank you so much for the gift, you didn't have to, but it made me very happy. I really wanted those silly underpants for a certain Sims who is going to look adorable in them. :mrgreen: I sent you a friends request too, because whenever I see your post they always remind me of what I am thinking. :lol: