Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Questions

GemziGemzi Posts: 150 Member
Hi all,

So loads of us are excited about The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection :)

Does anyone know, how to change the resolution from 800 x 600? On my laptop it's quite stretched I wondered if there was a way I could change it?

My keyboard also doesn't work for zooming, I have to click the plus and minus on the screen, is there a way to change that?

The option to change resolution doesn't appear in the game options.

Also, as I've downloaded it from Origon, if I wanted to download Sims 2 CC, where would I extract it too, I can't seem to find the correct folder.

Sorry for the questions, hope someone can help :)

Thanks!

Comments

• CraziiMikuCraziiMiku Posts: 436 Member
    edited July 2014
    http://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-increase-resolution-guide/

And for your cc, you need to create a new folder named Downloads in C:/My documents/Program files (x86)/ The sims 2 Ultimate Collection
    Then you put all your package files in there :-)
  • GemziGemzi Posts: 150 Member
    edited July 2014
    ah ok so I need to create the sims 2 folder myself, then just put the cc straight there, no downloads or mods folder or resource file or anything?

Arghh I can't wait to go home and try that resolution guide - thanks so much I'll let you know if it works!
  • CraziiMikuCraziiMiku Posts: 436 Member
    edited July 2014
    You just make the downloads folder in the directory you installed TS2UC in, then slap all of your CC and mods in. No resource.cfg file or anything :)
  • GemziGemzi Posts: 150 Member
    edited July 2014
    does it matter that I installed it from Origin?
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited July 2014
    No. But the Sim 2 user data folder will not be created untill you launch the game. It will not automataclly create a downloads folder, you will have to do that.

Be sure to look at Mod the Sims as they still have a lot of Sims 2 content.
  • MiniMargMiniMarg Posts: 13 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't know if it is the same in the Ultimate Collection, but if you click on Sims 2 body-shop, that program will automatically make a folder called "Downloads" where you can put your CC.