Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 9 GB... Really??

1235...Next

Comments

• gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited July 2014
    YazFoxxy wrote:
    Unless you have a really updated windows xp. I thought they were gonna have it low ends so older computers can run on it. I thought maybe the same as sims 2 tbh? Whatisgoingon!!!

I just needed to say, I love your Siggy!!!!!!

People forget this is EA. How many times have they said something and it not be true? I hope it does run on lower end computers for those that have them and want the game. I just know EA has told fibs before over and over.

I have been trying to get my fiancé to just say no to EA. So we got our xbox one yesterday. Once he say Forza and Ryse I think he will stay clear now.

I would gladly would of bought Sims 4 with upgraded graphics and not worried about the space on PC.

But if we talked graphics I would want them like Ryse. More mature and realism. And I wouldn't care if it was 60gb or 100.

I am curious what this toon game has that calls for 9gbs.

• MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited July 2014
    Blazerine wrote:
    OMG WHAT DON'T YOU PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT!

I won't complain about the horses in your sig; they are pretty. :)

alan650111 wrote:
    I was thinking this would be a happy thread talking about how Sims 4 is going to be the biggest base game yet so that means it has the most content and they are somehow complaining about its size. It's crazy!!!

It needs to have the more items then other base games because you can't recolor anything.

Smylish wrote:
    The only annoying thing is CASt. Still don't know how I'm gonna manage without it. Maybe an external program like "Create a Pattern" would do the trick. That way it wouldn't slow the game so much. It would be just like installing CC - retextured CC :P

A modder has already created a tool to recolor items in CAS.
  • MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited July 2014
    Get a 250 (I've got a 120, and it's doing 'ok', but wish I had a larger one) gb SSD for you OS, and 2TB to hold all your content.

Thanks for that idea too, I will need to go and price things out, but yay new toys.

I have Windows, Battle.net, Sims 3, Banished, and Steam (not even half those games installed though) on my 250gb SSD and I have to constantly on the edge of not having enough space to play/save Sims 3 right. I love having my OS and main games on a SSD, but I am going to have to get another one (and relocate at least Steam) if I want to be able to install all of my games.

I'd say definitely go for the larger one if you can afford it!
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    SimChic1 wrote:
    fdb73983-2d96-437d-8598-69cf2f0ca3c6_zpscfdc4276.jpg

If your computer couldn't handle 6GB Sims 3, have fun with this.

I've said this before, I'll say it again, EA is saying this was made for low-end computers to cover up the fact that this game is a mess because of previous online features. If there was no online in the beginining, the art style would've been a lot different, we'd have CASt, toddlers, a real open world.

Exactly this! :thumbup:

I've been saying that since the beginning! It's all just a bunch of crap. Just like when EA said you'd be able to run TS3 on "grandma's computer". LOL, yeah right! :lol::lol:

Um, I am a grandparent and I run TS3 just fine on my computer. :P
  • heaven6397heaven6397 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Glic2003 wrote:
    ZKextreme wrote:
    Umm where are these 20 gb games? :?

I have GTA V and when I googled it, it says it has an 8 gb requirement.

Bioshock Infinite
    is 38 GB.
    Thief is 23 GB.
    Titanfall is 50 GB.
    X-Com is 18 GB.
    Watch Dogs is 14 GB.

Admittedly, those last two are a bit smaller than I thought. I thought they were 20 GB.

Oh, and Batman Arkham City is 18.5

Weird... Bioshock Infinite's only 16 GB on my laptop. :?