Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remembering The Sims 2 Experience

So now that probably all of us have played the Sims 2 full collections in recent days, we have all been reminded of how great the game performance was.

Unlike TS3 of course, where sims would get stuck in a not so small space and get their way blocked by a plate on the floor.

Now let's take a look at all the small features that made TS2 a great experience, of course leaving out how smooth sim interactions were and how the entire game didnt lag at all with little or no bugs at all.

More than one sim could use stairs at the same time. Get in car/get out animations. Sims could walk through really tight spaces and almost never acted stupid. Theres more but I cant think of them right now. The A.I. of the sims 2 is noticeably much better than TS3. The game engine for TS2 as a whole was far better than TS3 except the only significant advantage TS3 had over TS2 was open world of course and story progression, even though story progression never worked the way it was supposed to.

So from the looks of the gameplay demo of TS4, looks to me that the sims are back to being as smart as they were in TS2.

Comments

• shmaashmaa Posts: 50 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Characters were incredibly realistic if you took the trouble to download CC.

Aliens could abduct people and males could return pregnant with alien children.

You could basically create a whole town without as much trouble.

• ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited July 2014
    I like:

- that your sim can plead with the Grim Reaper for another sim's life

- vampires sleep in coffins

- it doesn't take a million years for an elevator to come

- babies look like babies not larvae (fancy that notion)

- your sim has to buy clothes instead of having an unlimited supply

- your sim has to work at getting promoted

- real vacation ('nuff said about that)

- your sim has to buy groceries (No food in the fridge = no eating)

- children can play instruments and do cartwheels (not together, of course)

- your sim can run a business and be good at it.

- Uni is fantastic.

That's just a few.

yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited July 2014
    All of what ErnesaT said, and more. For the first time in many years I was up until all hours of the night playing 2. Never did that with 3.

And now I have discovered sims 2 cc. :mrgreen: I love it! The only thing about sims 2 that I was disappointed in was the choice in colors...in my world, everything must match. Now, it does.

As far as gameplay, little things make a difference, like setting guests plates on the table when sims are serving dinner, stealing a bite off their plate, etc.

The differences are too numerous. A couple of years ago I tried sims 2 and couldn't get into it because of sims 3 and its open world. Now that the open world equals lags and glitches, I am enjoying sims 2 without them. :mrgreen: I'll say it again, thanks EA. (Lost all my sims 2 games. :( )
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • RedDestiny9RedDestiny9 Posts: 202 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I read that only those with digital copies could download the game, then a look on facebook told me that wasn't true. I was a bit skeptical, I didn't think I'd get what I did, it took forever to download, got a little bit laggy in my first one through, then I found today, my computer is practically built for the game. It handled it so well. I was thrown because the sims 3 (as much as I love the ornery game) lags so much and has so many glitches. Now the most lag I noticed from ts2 was less than a minute, and I only noticed two glitches that I only saw because I happened to be playing the specific character. Shocker there lol.

I never got to play with every single ep, but I loved what I had. This is partially why I'm looking forward to the sims 4. I haven't looked at every single article and what not but perhaps we can hope for a sort of hybrid baby of ts2 and ts3.

I'm so glad I was able to download the game, especially on a day when I literally have nothing to do.

Anyone else play with the babies again yet? interacting with them is much more fun in ts2.