Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The old Sims 2 trailer

Erinnn95Erinnn95 Posts: 7 New Member
Hi! I do believe this is the first time I have ever posted in these forums though I've lurked for years and have been around since the Sims 2. I was looking at some old videos and noticed something, or it might be something.
Anyone remember the old Sims 2 trailer?
Here's a link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkxO2hrQFWA
It looks very different from the actual Sims 2 though the art style does seem to reflect the Sims 4. The Sims 4 looks a little cleaner.
I just thought I might point it out, see if anyone else thinks the same or I just might be crazy! :lol:

Comments

• Options
    GarvelleGrantGarvelleGrant Posts: 390 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hello there, what a time to be posting for the first time, all the turmoil... but you are absolutely right :)
    Sexy Socialite

1KuFGd.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Oh I've been reading all of the stuff going on and I'm staying out of it completely! I thought a neutral topic would be welcome hahaha.
  • Options
    Sirjohn4420Sirjohn4420 Posts: 421 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've noticed a lot of similarities between sims 2 and sims 4, kind of funny they took 2 steps back instead of forward but i do like the sims 2.
    2v9ekhx.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Erinnn95 wrote:
    Oh I've been reading all of the stuff going on and I'm staying out of it completely! I thought a neutral topic would be welcome hahaha.

Some die hard Sims 2 super fans :roll: may disagree with you there, but I see the similarity too between the artstyle too. Although Sims 4 uses brighter colors the realism of the sims are the same... in the trailer

Also, I noticed that the selling point of the sims 2 is generational game play (I couldn't remember that)... every sims game had a hook, and thats what they sell based on ..

Sims 2 - Generational gameplay
    Sims 3 - Open world
    Sims 4 - Emotions!

I'm currently downloading the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, can't wait to play this game again :D
    Sexy Socialite

1KuFGd.gif
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited July 2014
    That entire trailer was false advertising. The sims didn't look like that, toddler and teens didn't act like that and the sims 4 has no toddlers.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I've noticed a lot of similarities between sims 2 and sims 4, kind of funny they took 2 steps back instead of forward but i do like the sims 2.

I don't like to consider it a step back (and people may disagree with me) but I'm thinking that they are getting back to what MANY people complained about with the Sims 3 - that it "lacked emotional gameplay, and the sims were like robots"... and many other complaints that riddled the forums... trust me I was there back in 2009 I remember...

So going back to basics... with out toddlers and pools of course :lol:
    Sexy Socialite

1KuFGd.gif
  • Options
    EphemeraeEphemerae Posts: 16 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I've never seen that trailer before and it was actually really entertaining!! Thanks for posting! And yeah the art style in the Sims 2 trailer does look similar to the Sims 4 minus SUPER bright colors in Sims 4.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Sims 2 had already been out when I first started playing and it was that trailer actually that had gotten me hooked on trying the game out! I was a little miffed when I saw that the trailer was nothing like the game, but I still loved the Sims 2. I've never been a huge fan of Sims 3, I like it and all I just never played it like I play the Sims 2.
    I'm honestly happy with the way it looks and it's gotten me more excited that I can finally play a game that looks like that trailer! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Erinnn95 wrote:
    Sims 2 had already been out when I first started playing and it was that trailer actually that had gotten me hooked on trying the game out! I was a little miffed when I saw that the trailer was nothing like the game, but I still loved the Sims 2. I've never been a huge fan of Sims 3, I like it and all I just never played it like I play the Sims 2.
    I'm honestly happy with the way it looks and it's gotten me more excited that I can finally play a game that looks like that trailer! :D
    I would be so upset if I had gotten the game expecting those graphics and interactions then realized that the actual game was completely different. There was so much to love about the Sims 2 game! I recently just got back into it because of the Ultimate Collection and it's like falling in love all over again, lol. I also missed out on some expansion packs back in the day so some stuff are completely new to me and I'm just like, "Must experience everything!"

I hope the Sims 4 finally lets you play the game they advertised in that trailer! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I probably should have looked into it more, but I was about 11 and saw it and said I just had to have it for my birthday. I did eventually love what I got, but my first impression wasn't that great and I even killed off my first family in anger. :lol:
    If the only reason we don't have toddlers is so that they will be added later and can shoot flames out of their mouths I will be pleasantly content with that!

*Edit- A sentence there didn't make sense.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Erinnn95 wrote:
    I probably should have looked into it more, but I was about 11 and saw it and said I just had to have it for my birthday. I did eventually love what I got, but my first impression wasn't that great and I even killed off my first family in anger. :lol:
    If the only reason we don't have toddlers is so that they will be added later and can shoot flames out of their mouths I will be pleasantly content with that!

:lol: Fire breathing toddlers ... I can dig it :-o :mrgreen:
    Sexy Socialite

1KuFGd.gif
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited July 2014

I don't like to consider it a step back (and people may disagree with me) but I'm thinking that they are getting back to what MANY people complained about with the Sims 3 - that it "lacked emotional gameplay, and the sims were like robots"... and many other complaints that riddled the forums... trust me I was there back in 2009 I remember...

So going back to basics... with out toddlers and pools of course :lol:

A little too 'basic' for my tastes, I'm afraid.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Erinnn95 wrote:

I remember seeing the box for the Sims 2 randomly in the store one day, looking over it and decided that I NEEDED it. Did you drown them in a pool? :P My first Sim family died in a kitchen fire that escalated quickly.

I'm currently not buying the Sims 4 for a lot of the reasons previously stated in these forums but I'm glad you're excited for it! Fire breathing toddlers would be something else! Lol, they would be a handful no doubt.
  • Options
    brianna123bbrianna123b Posts: 159 Member
    edited July 2014
    I saw that someone posted a did you know video on The Sims and it included a tidbit on how a server fire occurred while 2 was still in the making. So that might be the reason the graphics may be a little different, but don't quote me on that. :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Nope, kitchen fire! Of course I was surprised by the fire at first, but I didn't even try to prevent it and just sat back and laughed.
    Yeah the negativity does seem to be piling up, but I'm still holding out hope for the game and hopefully everything will be added back later in due time!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I saw that someone posted a did you know video on The Sims and it included a tidbit on how a server fire occurred while 2 was still in the making. So that might be the reason the graphics may be a little different, but don't quote me on that. :wink:

Oh wow I have never heard of that! That would certainly explain it.
    The only little known fact (well I think it's little known, not sure how much info there is on it) that the reason Bella Goth didn't return in the Sims 2 was that her file was accidentally deleted during development and they decided to just go ahead and roll with it and make up a story.
  • Options
    ems0309ems0309 Posts: 541 Member
    edited July 2014
    OP I can soo relate, I remember being very angry after getting the game from the trailer. TS3 was similar with their trailers as in the sims can't nearly do what they do in the trailers. At least so far with TS4 the clips we have seen don't seem to promise some gameplay that can't actually be achieved. As in TS2 the woman ripping her blouse off and diving onto the guy, or the fire breathing toddler. And in TS3 seeing the burglar sims jumping out of a window while carrying a tv, to the dang cheerleader climbing the light post. Wow was I mad both times about that lol.
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited July 2014
    Erinnn95 wrote:

Oh wow I have never heard of that! That would certainly explain it.
    The only little known fact (well I think it's little known, not sure how much info there is on it) that the reason Bella Goth didn't return in the Sims 2 was that her file was accidentally deleted during development and they decided to just go ahead and roll with it and make up a story.

Bella Goth is in Strangetown in TS2 and I always thought the story was planned out way ahead of time.

Do you have a link for what you are saying? I've been around forever and have never heard this one before, so I would be interested in reading up.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited July 2014
    ems0309 wrote:
    OP I can soo relate, I remember being very angry after getting the game from the trailer. TS3 was similar with their trailers as in the sims can't nearly do what they do in the trailers. At least so far with TS4 the clips we have seen don't seem to promise some gameplay that can't actually be achieved. As in TS2 the woman ripping her blouse off and diving onto the guy, or the fire breathing toddler. And in TS3 seeing the burglar sims jumping out of a window while carrying a tv, to the dang cheerleader climbing the light post. Wow was I mad both times about that lol.

I agree with everything said here.

the biggest plus for me with TS4 is that not only renders but the trailers they have showed so far aren't false advertising. you know what you're getting. period. and I can't be made about that. Oh I'm mad and disappointed about other things i.e. no toddlers, no pools, no color wheel, no cars etc. but I can't be mad about false representation.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    Erinnn95 wrote:
    Hi! I do believe this is the first time I have ever posted in these forums though I've lurked for years and have been around since the Sims 2. I was looking at some old videos and noticed something, or it might be something.
    It looks very different from the actual Sims 2 though the art style does seem to reflect the Sims 4. The Sims 4 looks a little cleaner.
    I just thought I might point it out, see if anyone else thinks the same or I just might be crazy! :lol:
    Sorry but that's no comparison. What we see in this video was completely remodeled and rendered with a CGI software. What we saw in the latest TS4 video, however, was actual gameplay. So expect nothing else but what you saw there.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    ems0309ems0309 Posts: 541 Member
    edited July 2014
    That was an awesome video looking back at it, but it completely fell under false advertising. There was so much shown that was not included in the game. Now if they had really been able to do all that it would have been epic!!!!
  • Options
    klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    Erinnn95 wrote: »

I love this trailer. and I love the Sims 2! It is so much fun. I still play it and hope the Sims 4 will become as enjoyable
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I'm glad that was only a CGI rendering and not the actually game. The Sims that we have in Sims 2 isn't that overly saturated colors which induce migraines. The art style they used in Sims 2, I liked. What we have in Sims 4, not so much. I wish they had blended the Sims 2 and Sims 3. It would have been much better than the My Sims route they took.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Erinnn95

I have never seen that video before, it was hilarious, thanks for posting. :)
  • Options
    Chloe2445Chloe2445 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Erinnn95 said:
    > Hi! I do believe this is the first time I have ever posted in these forums though I've lurked for years and have been around since the Sims 2. I was looking at some old videos and noticed something, or it might be something.
    > Anyone remember the old Sims 2 trailer?
    > Here's a link -
    > It looks very different from the actual Sims 2 though the art style does seem to reflect the Sims 4. The Sims 4 looks a little cleaner.
    > I just thought I might point it out, see if anyone else thinks the same or I just might be crazy! :lol:

that actually was the real sims 2 trailer but years back EA had a fire and it burned all of there saved sims 2 files so they had to re create the whole game