Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Advice Please

I have been given a gift by a total stranger whose page is completely locked down. There was no message on the gift card. The gift was something on my wishlist which is open to public viewing. Advice from friends is to treat it with caution so I have deleted the email and not downloaded item to my game.

It all seems rather odd and I am not sure whether to worry about my account being hacked or finding some way to thank this generous stranger.

Has anyone had a similar experience and what did they do ? Advice would be appreciated :)
I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's possible you're a victim of a drive by gifting spree. :wink: It happens.. If you really want to thank the person you can make a thread in the gifting section of the forum.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi :D

What's to be cautious about?

It's a gift- no strings attached (they didn't ask for anything), no viruses from the Store (it's the Store)... You could say thanks and be happy. :)

Our pages aren't open to public viewing- they have to be a member.
    It was a gift card? We can gift gift cards?! :shock:
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited July 2014
    @Rflong7 did not explain myself gift card = message which comes with gift :) am not ungrateful and would like to say thank you so will do as Simasaurus suggests.

Am baffled by lack of message, locked down members page. Most baffling of all why me :)

I will wish you Good Night as it is nearly midnight here and Happy Simming :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited July 2014
    I agree there's nothing to worry about :) I've gifted many randomly. Sometimes with a note and sometimes not, it's just the way many are here. As for thanking yea I hate it when lovely gifters have private pages. I typically gift them something to be able to say thanks.