Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Vampire Sim Keeps Dying of Thirst

Figures the first time I'm playing a vampire Sim and when I switched to another household, he dies of thirst. The first time it happened, he was invited over to the household I was currently playing. Next thing I knew he's disintegrating into a pile of dust! This wasn't what I wanted so I just didn't save the game.

Then I started the game over again and changed some of the events but basically the same plot. This time, he was smart enough to go to the refrigerator and get a plasma drink so I figured everything was all set. Since he was again visiting the household I was playing, I focused my attention on the other Sims. Next thing I know, the camera shifts over and my vampire Sim dies again!

Since it now takes 30 minutes to load my game, I wasn't going to waste more time starting over. I had the witch he lives with retrieve his urn and she cast the reanimation spell on it. Even the witch screwed up because the first time she cast the spell it backfired and turned her into a zombie. After her zombie spell passed, she successfully reanimated my vampire Sim. Now he's a Vampire/Zombie hybrid. I'm guessing the zombie part will wear off after a while. The funniest thing was when I checked his inventory, there were 3 plasma fruits that he could've eaten!

My vampire Sim is incompetent! Is there no way to prevent vampires from dying of thirst when you're not playing them?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2014
    Give that silly vampire the Unlucky Trait. This won't stop the dummy from spending to much time out in the sun, and killing over. But what it will do, it will cause the Grim Reaper to take pity on the poor fool. The only thing that can permanently kill a sim with the Unlucky Trait is old age.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't switch households so I don't know if this will work but I have 2 ideas:

1 - at a high enough level witches have a hunger/thirst charm. You could try that the next time he visits and he should be ok for a while.

2 - maybe try stockpiling plasma fruit in his inventory before switching households?
  • Options
    Jed_Bartlet_02Jed_Bartlet_02 Posts: 425 Member
    edited July 2014
    Good suggestion for the unlucky trait (I guess my vampire Sim really IS unlucky). As for the plasma fruit, like I said he already had some in his inventory but didn't think to eat it. I have to say this game can still throw a surprise or two at me even after all this time.

I guess I'll use the storyline that he's still new at being a vampire and screwed up.

Maybe my vampire Sim is SO unlucky he can fry from sunlight even while still indoors???
  • Options
    SirCumberbatchSirCumberbatch Posts: 377 Member
    edited July 2014
    You could always cheat and make his needs static when you move then turn it back to normal.
    tumblr_m4xgcv68oS1rogkjio1_500.gif
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    Give that silly vampire the Unlucky Trait. This won't stop the dummy from spending to much time out in the sun, and killing over. But what it will do, it will cause the Grim Reaper to take pity on the poor fool. The only thing that can permanently kill a sim with the Unlucky Trait is old age.

Seriously? That's pretty cool, did not know that. My Sims in Sims 3 so rarely die. I get attached and keep prolonging their lives.
  • Options
    Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    edited July 2014
    OMG this happened when my household was at a bonfire party in the University world one time. When my sims got the dorm that's hosting the party, one of the guests(who happens to be a vampire) dies of thurst and the Grim Reaper :twisted: came to collect his spirt. Some party right there, cause I just couldn't stop laughing about what happened
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2014
    I guess I'll use the storyline that he's still new at being a vampire and screwed up.

Maybe my vampire Sim is SO unlucky he can fry from sunlight even while still indoors???

Mostly likely he decided to spend too much time outside while you had switched over to another household. Once they get that negative moodlet because of this their thirst needs will drop extremely fast. It happened to me, and when I realized what caused it, I would have to wake my vampire up at least two or three times while they were sleeping so they would no kill over from dying from thirst. When I first started playing the vampires, I just could not keep a single one alive, or is it undead for very long.

I had this one newly converted vampire a while back, and with her she was totally miserable. She loved the sun, and being outdoors. I finally got tired of fighting her, that I sent her to the science building to purchase the cure. Now normally most vampires, when I direct them to drink that stuff they take like forever in doing so, but not her; She drank it right away.
  • Options
    ntbloodntblood Posts: 4 New Member
    Making my vampire chick have the unlucky trait doesn't seem to prevent her from dying of sun exposure and too much stress (especially when in Egypt - unless maybe I sleep during the day there in the little tent). Anyway, Unlucky trait for some reason doesn't stop death for my vampire sim. And I installed Inmortal Creatures Supernatural mod (I have all the required expansions) and for some reason it also doesn't stop my vampire sim from dying. What is going on?! -_-!!
  • Options
    ntbloodntblood Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm going to try a follow up mod to the first one:
    https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=518248
    https://modthesims.info/d/562754/cyberblade-s-immortality-mod.html
  • Options
    Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    gets a notification on this thread 6 years later
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12