Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Installing the Sims 2 UC

This may seem dumb but I'm not working at full capacity atm.

Do I need to uninstall all my TS2 games in order to install the UC?

I know I need to remove my 'saved games' file so I can save my current progress but is there anything else I am forgetting?
yY5vKua.png[img][/img]

Comments

• MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    ErnesaT wrote:

I know I need to remove my 'saved games' file so I can save my current progress but is there anything else I am forgetting?

I didn't uninstall my games--was paranoid something would go wrong ;-) I did remove the EA Games/The Sims 2 folder from My Documents, however -- my way of backing up. Leaving the old games installed caused no conflict in installation.

Note: The first time you load UC, it will take a good 10 minutes or so (unless your computer is way faster than mine) because it has to create all the folders in My Documents, so give it time. A lot of people have gotten impatient and thought something was wrong. Subsequent loading times will be fine.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited July 2014
    Don't forget to save your Downloads folder. Unless you are really sure you want to start fresh with your CC and want nothing you had before since there is no guarantee that your old CC is still up on the internet somewhere.
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited July 2014
    MsPhy wrote:
    ErnesaT wrote:

I didn't uninstall my games--was paranoid something would go wrong ;-) I did remove the EA Games/The Sims 2 folder from My Documents, however -- my way of backing up. Leaving the old games installed caused no conflict in installation.

Note: The first time you load UC, it will take a good 10 minutes or so (unless your computer is way faster than mine) because it has to create all the folders in My Documents, so give it time. A lot of people have gotten impatient and thought something was wrong. Subsequent loading times will be fine.

Thanks a lot. I will remember to take out my Sims 2 folder. I can wait for it to load.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited July 2014
    Seera1024 wrote:
    Don't forget to save your Downloads folder. Unless you are really sure you want to start fresh with your CC and want nothing you had before since there is no guarantee that your old CC is still up on the internet somewhere.

Going to do that. Thanks for the heads up.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]